Stone Visiting After Wisconsin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stone Visiting After Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two different positions though. Enoch will play stretch four. Stone is decidedly a post player.
Makes one wonder how Amida plays into his decision. Sure he's a better player than Amida but still we have a starting Center, who has been 'promoted' to captain, for maybe two or three more years. If Wisconsin has a 5 spot open next year it certainly would be a check box for them, although I don't know their roster.

Hopefully we can fill more check boxes than Wisconsin, but Amida. I would assume, would play a role in his decision. He's too big for Stone ignore or dismiss.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Reaction Score
Makes one wonder how Amida plays into his decision. Sure he's a better player than Amida but still we have a starting Center, who has been 'promoted' to captain, for maybe two or three more years. If Wisconsin has a 5 spot open next year it certainly would be a check box for them, although I don't know their roster.

Hopefully we can fill more check boxes than Wisconsin, but Amida. I would assume, would play a role in his decision. He's too big for Stone ignore or dismiss.

There is no reason to think they cannot play together and start together.

Reaction Score
Makes one wonder how Amida plays into his decision. Sure he's a better player than Amida but still we have a starting Center, who has been 'promoted' to captain for maybe two more years and possibly 3. If Wisconsin has a 5 spot open next year it certainly would be a check box for them, although I don't know their roster.

2 more years and possibly 3??? There is zero chance Amida is here as a senior and we will be lucky if he comes back for his junior year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
2 more years and possibly 3??? There is zero chance Amida is here as a senior and we will be lucky if he comes back for his junior year.

If he puts up 15pt/10rb/4blk per game, then yes, he's gone. Every single person on this board would sign up for that in an instant. Not going to happen though.

Reaction Score
If he puts up 15pt/10rb/4blk per game, then yes, he's gone. Every single person on this board would sign up for that in an instant. Not going to happen though.

If he put up those numbers this year it may well be the biggest improvement by a player in the history of the NCAA lol.........can it happen? I guess but it won't, so I agree with intlzncster.

8 and 6 with 3.5 blocks would be wonderful from this young man, let's keep it real!

Reaction Score
I think he's gone too. But after his junior year. The NBA actually does draft length and athleticism, and there are a million names out there that prove it.

I can name at least 5-10 Bismack Biyombos.

Reaction Score
The point about Brimah stands, especially since Stone has not talked with you about your strong evidence to the contrary. Please call him and inform/assure him of this.

Until then, I'm comforted by Jerry's idea about the two being able to play together.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the optimism here does strange things when it comes to projecting into the future. Brimah is going to be very good, no doubt, but, he's not going to be developed enough to be a lottery pick by the end of this season...which is where he should want to be, before he declares.

Remember when Boat was heading into his sophomore year? Some were saying he was definitely gone to the league after that year. Obviously he wasn't... and was intelligent enough to continue developing his game under KO & staff. Brimah will be just as smart.. IF he returns for his junior year....and possibly more.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the optimism here does strange things when it comes to projecting into the future. Brimah is going to be very good, no doubt, but, he's not going to be developed enough to be a lottery pick by the end of this season...which is where he should want to be, before he declares.

Remember when Boat was heading into his sophomore year? Some were saying he was definitely gone to the league after that year. Obviously he wasn't... and was intelligent enough to continue developing his game under KO & staff. Brimah will be just as smart.. IF he returns for his junior year....and possibly more.

I don't think anyone believes Brimah is going to be a lottery pick in the next draft. especially when Kentucky alone has about 4 bigs who will get taken before him..

But since I've never read a report about his family background, I would not be assured that he does not have pressing financial concerns that might make him jump on the NBA's guaranteed million for being a first-round pick.

Reaction Score
Based on what I have seen, it's my bull spit opionion that he stays 3 years and leaves after winning another ship.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone believes Brimah is going to be a lottery pick in the next draft. especially when Kentucky alone has about 4 bigs who will get taken before him..

But since I've never read a report about his family background, I would not be assured that he does not have pressing financial concerns that might make him jump on the NBA's guaranteed million for being a first-round pick.
I don't know the kid, but he appears to be enjoying the college life, being around teammates on campus and having fun. Sure the NBA is a goal, but he just seems to be that type of kid that just wants to be young and enjoy his life as long as he can. He also has Bazz as a role model for a 4 year career,

On the other hand like you mentioned financial issues could force his hand or he could be NBA driven. But until that is known I look at him and am reminded about how much I enjoyed those 'best years of my life' prior to adulthood and all that comes with it. He is enjoying himself, and is certainly spoiled by winning a ship in his first year of college ball.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Based on what I have seen, it's my bull spit opionion that he stays 3 years and leaves after winning another ship.
He is clearly a 3 and done. Last year he was not good but was so infectious you could see he loves UConn. This year he probably will be real decent and become a fan fave. Then in his junior year he'll blow up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think he's gone too. But after his junior year. The NBA actually does draft length and athleticism, and there are a million names out there that prove it.

I can name at least 5-10 Bismack Biyombos.

I was responding to the 2 yr projection. No way he jumps after this year, unless by some force of nature, the hype just completely blows up on him.

Reaction Score
I remember hearing how he is very in to the academic side. Would not be surprised to see him get his degree; you were blessed to be able to come here from Africa, might as well.

Reaction Score
If Stone commits and Brimah stays (which I think he will be poised to be a first round pick after his Junior year) the UCONN BIG MEN would go:

Stone, Brimah, Enoch, Facey, Lubin, WOW.

We could go massive at times with STONE and BRIMAH on the court at the same time, Enoch is a 5/stretch 4, and Facey could have the athleticism at times to play a large 3? absolutely a 4 (depends on his development this year).

After 2015 you would be left with Enoch, Facey, Lubin, and incoming, still very strong, experienced, and deep.

Combined with the OLLIGUARDS (Adams, Purvis, Samuel, Cassell, and/or potential Briscoe), you have SIZE and SPEED in TEAM ball.

We can press, we can run, and we can dominate the paint. Strive for 5!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think we're getting Stone (d)!
You got me wondering if Colorado and Washington schools have been getting an uptick in recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom