Still Don't Know How to Make Winning Plays | The Boneyard

Still Don't Know How to Make Winning Plays

Reaction Score
This team is addicted to committing unforced turnovers, it's like they are waiting for opportunities to give the game away. Villanova with 20 points off turnovers. That's the difference in winning and losing today and all our close games. Cant figure out how to value the ball

Reaction Score
That’s it right there. There is such a thing as winning time. It’s a rebound, defensive stand, pass, shot, steal, etc. something that gets the separation you need to win games. Getting close but we don’t have that yet. Xavier, Wichita and Nova games were all right there to take

Reaction Score
I don't understand why when this team actually has some flow and makes a run, Hurley brings Carlton back in... and freaking keeps him in.
I can forgive AG because he was a big part of the run. He's out there trying to make plays all the time. Aside fro the one block, Carlton looks like he's watching or taking a stroll through the woods on defense.

Reaction Score
If Hurley recruits are gonna save this program I am starting to worry. Bouk was less than impressive and Gaffney still looks overwhelmed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gilbert had a really good game. We lost because we took and missed so many 3 point shots. What were we 2-12?

Reaction Score
To try to force that pass at that point of the game to akok...there’s just no excuse for it.
The rebuilding excuse is BS. We haven’t played a team yet that was a lot more talented than us.

Reaction Score
Even when we had our leads in the 2nd you knew we weren’t going to win. Nova our winners we are losers.

For now, yes. More roster turnover, passing the baton from the older guys to the younger guys, and it won't be that way forever.

Reaction Score
Despite Carlton make some decent plays, at least half the time he appears "lost in the sauce." Dont think I've ever seen him steal or deny an entry pass. He also gave Villanova 5 free throw with under 5 minutes left. NOT WINNING BASKETBALL

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
For now, yes. More roster turnover, passing the baton from the older guys to the younger guys, and it won't be that way forever.

You’ll still find ways to be disappointed after the roster has fully turned over.

Reaction Score
Turnovers and 3 point shooting were the difference. Our poor 3 point shooting and generally poor offense leave zero margin for error. Our turnovers, bad passing and boneheaded plays were that margin. I know we could use a front line center, but a smart point guard and shooters seem like more of a need. Maybe I am just being reactive but I'm sick of the dumb turnovers and awful outside shooting. We needed more shooters before Polley was injured. If Nova had any size, the game would not have been as close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom