Still Don't Know How to Make Winning Plays | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Still Don't Know How to Make Winning Plays

Reaction Score
yeah, bouk had a bad game. He was making everything way harder than it had to be.
Another big game in which he plays poorly. I am worried that when the lights get bright he fades

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
In the second third of the second half, UConn had a lead and could have built it up to eight. Instead of running a play, CV attempted a three that was short with no time used. That was a momentum killer. Down the stretch, he and Gilbert reverted to the same old patterns. I do agree, that they had no help with the lineup that was in toward the end. Overall, just dumb play that cost a winnable game.
Both want to be the next Kemba Walker

Reaction Score
In the second third of the second half, UConn had a lead and could have built it up to eight. Instead of running a play, CV attempted a three that was short with no time used. That was a momentum killer. Down the stretch, he and Gilbert reverted to the same old patterns. I do agree, that they had no help with the lineup that was in toward the end. Overall, just dumb play that cost a winnable game.
So Carlton fouling a 3 point shooter and Bouk's 2 turnovers in the last five minutes had nothing to do with it? It always comes down to AG and CV with you. I get you hate them because they remind you of the past but without them we aren't even in this game. Team sport - plenty of poor play and coaching to go around.

Reaction Score
You have to look at the totality of the game. Gillespie had 2 points in the first half thanks to the d played by gilbert and vital. Not everything a player does on the court shows up on the box score. Take Lyman Depriest -
Career stats
G 132 PTS 3.1 TRB 2.7 AST 1.0 but watch him play and you realize how valuable he is. UConn doesn't win the NIT in '88 without him.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Part of the rebuilding process with a team accustomed to losing is learning "how to make winning plays." We're on our way and will get there. We just played the #14 team in the nation on the road, turned the ball over 17 times, shot 13% from 3-point land- and almost came away with a win. Put it in perspective. Learning to make winning plays is part of knowing you can win, and winning. We competed wire to wire against Wichita State and today against Villanova. It's just a matter of time, and not that much time, before we start making the winning plays, but for now we're learning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gilbert had a really good game. We lost because we took and missed so many 3 point shots. What were we 2-12?
I disagree with you , a key turnover that hurt us the most was that dumb pass in traffic for a turnover and they came and scored a three. That play really hurt our chances late in the game for the win,

Reaction Score
You have to look at the totality of the game. Gillespie had 2 points in the first half thanks to the d played by gilbert and vital. Not everything a player does on the court shows up on the box score. Take Lyman Depriest -
Career stats
G 132 PTS 3.1 TRB 2.7 AST 1.0 but watch him play and you realize how valuable he is. UConn doesn't win the NIT in '88 without him.
One tough man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom