Steven Krajewski appreciation thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Steven Krajewski appreciation thread

Reaction Score
Do you think we reach out to Tyler's brother at Clemson???
Hell yes!!! If Taisun P comes to UConn he’ll be our starter, and it helps in recruiting as well. A four star dual threat QB, 6’3”, 227lbs, coming to UConn would be a first.

Reaction Score
He’s not going to play at Clemson. Unfortunately he seems to get injured frequently even though he is a bigger version.

Reaction Score
I could see using Tyler Phommachanh in certain situations, but also having another QB. The 2 QB system might be a good idea next year.
A coach once told me, “When you have two QB’s you have none.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mechanics and beef him up to at least 205 lbs.

A 185 lbs Tyler Phommachanh is always going to be injury prone.

You think that putting on 20 pounds reduces the risk of an acl tear? That’s an interesting medical theory

Interesting redirect of what I said counselor.

Please show me where I said adding weight decreases the chance of a tear specifically. No, in spite of your best efforts to troll, I used the generic term injury. As to that point, yes, I believe a QB who has a stronger build and the bones, tendons, ligaments and all the fun stuff needed to support a stronger build will make him less injury prone.

There's a reason why most players Tyler Phommachanh's size are cornerbacks or specialty players rather than a player who touches the ball almost every offensive snap.

Reaction Score
Interesting redirect of what I said counselor.

Please show me where I said adding weight decreases the chance of a tear specifically. No, in spite of your best efforts to troll, I used the generic term injury. As to that point, yes, I believe a QB who has a stronger build and the bones, tendons, ligaments and all the fun stuff needed to support a stronger build will make him less injury prone.

There's a reason why most players Tyler Phommachanh's size are cornerbacks or specialty players rather than a player who touches the ball almost every offensive snap.
You never want to torque your knee, and wearing cleats (soccer or football) will do that if you plant your foot when cutting or being tackled. In men’s and women’s basketball, heavier players have a higher incidence of acl tears than skinny players simply because a lighter frame will put less torque on a planted knee. Women have a higher incidence of acl tears than men simply because they have more weight around wider hips, upper thighs, etc.

Reaction Score
I also saw that game and he did a great job leading the team 80 yards downfield. If I recall there was a 4th down and 7 conversion he threw that kept the drive alive. Two of those penalties should not have been called but having too many men in the field (2 times in a row after a time out) is inexcusable. Steven Krajewski didn’t get developed properly since the time he’s been here. He is just now getting the game experience he needs to develop and make better decisions. However when you have a QB coach, that has never played a down in his college career, it’s hard for him to get the proper training he needs to fix whatever problems need to be corrected. I still have confidence that he will get better once we get a new QB coach. Chip Lindsey became available yesterday. He would be a good fit
I knew the penalties were ridiculous but forgot that at least two of them were for too many men on the field.
Imagine how the offense felt as they watched their championship go down the tubes because of those penalties....

Reaction Score
I hope Steven Krajewski sticks around. He was a very good HS QB and the only reason UConn got him was due to Lashlee. Lashlee left, but Steven Krajewski kept his commitment to UConn. His first OC at UConn was Dunn and then 2 (or 3 years) of Guifre who had no experience as an OC and has shown can not run an offense. In my opinion, the schemes and play calling have made the UConn offense (and QBs) look worse than it is. Heck, 3 weeks of Mazzone made the UConn offense look better than it had in 3 years.

In general, HS QBs will commit to a school due to the OC and the offense he runs. It's not a surprise that no top HS or transfer committed to Guifre and his offense. Let's hope the new offensive coaching staff will attract some good QBs and I hope they can help Steven Krajewski improve.
I agree

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hope he stays.

And hope they land this Florida kid the athletic days Mora has already contacted:

Davin wydner.

Reaction Score
Hope he stays.

And hope they land this Florida kid the athletic days Mora has already contacted:

Davin wydner.
Steven Krajewski’s most recent tweet suggests he is here for the long run. If he gets good coaching, and some protection, I know he can play better than he did in Georgia. You can tell he has a lot of talent. From what I’m reading about the new OC I believe all our qb’s will benefit.

Reaction Score
All you boneyardians Steven Krajewski put his ass on the line for y’all game in and game out. Least y’all could do is donate to his cause while he’s trying to raise money for Alzheimers research

Attachments

• 72D18E27-98E5-43AC-BEBC-21255957C036.png
    72D18E27-98E5-43AC-BEBC-21255957C036.png
    830.4 KB · Views: 153
Reaction Score
Take a few minutes and watch his stream on Twitch. Last time Steven Krajewski raised about $1,100 for the Husky Ticket project. This time he is donating his proceeds to the Alzheimer’s Research Group. Also, there is an organization that will match whatever amount he brings in. I hope the Husky Nation supports these players and makes a donation during his podcast. Good luck Steven Krajewski!

Reaction Score
A coach once told me, “When you have two QB’s you have none.”
That is a truism in the NFL. But that's wrong in college. Many colleges have won national championships using a two QB system.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That is a truism in the NFL. But that's wrong in college. Many colleges have won national championships using a two QB system.

Eh.

Even the Tebow one was mostly just a gimmick offense in the rz.

Leak still took the vast majority of the snaps. That was 100% his title

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom