Steven Krajewski appreciation thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Steven Krajewski appreciation thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Gonna give this thread a bump. The kid gave it his all today. He was willing to take big hits to get yards and was tough in the pocket. He has taken his lumps in the BY, sometimes for good reason and other times not.
That TD pass yo Clercius said he didn't get here by accident. His legs are better than most thought.
I'd love to see what a REAL QB coach could do with him. I'm not writing him off. He could still be much more than we've seen. Hoping he stays and Marinelli comes to build on his strengths.
He proved today he was much better than Jack Zergiotis and anybody left in the sparse stable we have.
Say what you want, but the kid has guts
Can’t disagree here… I believe he would be a solid back up to Tyler Phommachanh…especially if we have a competent coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Exactly I’ve said it time and time again to the point I know I piss some of y’all off. However I’ve watched him grow at Colquitt he was on recruiting boards for auburn ga and even bama. Everyone was waiting on fields to make his decision the he was roped in by lashlee. To even get invited to throw for those schools is a honor. He maybbe a sophomore but due to no development it’s like he just graduated. Watch his high school tape accuracy is it a problem it just needs to be worked on at this level. His leadership is second to none and a great person for the community school and locker room
I hope Steven Krajewski sticks around. He was a very good HS QB and the only reason UConn got him was due to Lashlee. Lashlee left, but Steven Krajewski kept his commitment to UConn. His first OC at UConn was Dunn and then 2 (or 3 years) of Guifre who had no experience as an OC and has shown can not run an offense. In my opinion, the schemes and play calling have made the UConn offense (and QBs) look worse than it is. Heck, 3 weeks of Mazzone made the UConn offense look better than it had in 3 years.

In general, HS QBs will commit to a school due to the OC and the offense he runs. It's not a surprise that no top HS or transfer committed to Guifre and his offense. Let's hope the new offensive coaching staff will attract some good QBs and I hope they can help Steven Krajewski improve.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Can’t disagree here… I believe he would be a solid back up to Tyler Phommachanh…especially if we have a competent coaching staff.
Give credit to K...he is tough and he didn't quit on the team. And give credit to Tyler P...he showed he can move and bring energy to the offense.

I don't think either starts next year...Mora will want to bring in his guy. And he said his type of QB is a thrower who can run. Not really either QB...but more K than Tyler. I still thinks it's a transfer.

Reaction Score
Let’s be clear. We’ve had a series of tough QB’s like Krajewski— Bryant Shirreffs comes immediately to mind— who’ve all had to run for their lives in offensive schemes that were overly predictable and inept. Talk to them and you’ll learn that the only OC with any creativity and ingenuity was Rhett Lashlee. Does anyone seriously believe that Frank Giufre will ever be sought after as an OC at any level?

Reaction Score
Idk if mora gets his guy this year. Watching the pounding these qbs take will scare away any player. Mora has already started making offers to juco kids and all I’ve seen it be so far is the OL. So that’s clearly what he feels is the immediate issue all big boys 6’5 and up.

Reaction Score
Idk if mora gets his guy this year. Watching the pounding these qbs take will scare away any player. Mora has already started making offers to juco kids and all I’ve seen it be so far is the OL. So that’s clearly what he feels is the immediate issue all big boys 6’5 and up.
Make no mistake, Mora will get his starter from the transfer portal this year.

Reaction Score
Count me among those who hopes Steven Krajewski stays with UCONN. With the right support system I think he can develop into a serviceable QB and be part of the solution.
Unfortunately Steve is WAY to injury prone to be more then a backup. He can play and I like him but I don’t see him being able to play more then 3 games without major injuries

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here is the returning QB conundrum: if Steven Krajewski returns: he is hurt and based off the knee injuries he suffered, could miss a significant part of the off season and the same with Tyler Phommachanh. That also will factor into who is coming in and who doesn't. On top of that, Mora needs to upgrade the depth and or improve the starters capabilities- bottom line, there will be lots of necessary changes in that room.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How do you know this?

Reaction Score
How do you know this?
Mora offer to date:
  1. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) - Brophy College Prep High School, Phoenix Arizona (Mora)
  2. Denzel Mountali-Johnstown (TE/DE/LB) - Vancouver BC attending Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor CT (Mora)
  3. Jayson Jenkins (DL/TE) - Notre Dame High School, Lawrenceville New Jersey (Mora)
  4. Jaqavius Yates (OL) - Crystal Springs MS>Jones College (JUCO), Ellisville Mississippi (Mora)
  5. Reggie Young (OL) - New Orleans LA>Iowa Central Community College (JUCO), Fort Dodge Iowa (Mora)
  6. Maximus McCree (OL) - Grandview Missouri>Iowa Central Community College (JUCO), Fort Dodge Iowa (Mora)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Steve is WAY to injury prone to be more then a backup. He can play and I like him but I don’t see him being able to play more then 3 games without major injuries
What QB wouldn’t get injured with the amount of hits that kid took? Tyler Phommachanh didn’t even get hit and is out for a long time. Micah Leon played less than a quarter and got injured (possible leg injury). Steven Krajewski played almost a whole game in 2019 with a broken collarbone (and was back at practice 3 weeks later), finished a game with a knee injury (after taking a hit to the knee), played the whole games against UCF and Purdue after getting beat like a rented mule. It finally took someone to land on his ankle to pull him out of a game (word is it’s just a high ankle sprain). He is definitely NOT injury prone. The hits he took were unbelievable and he just kept getting up. He is like a Timex watch, “takes a licking and keeps on ticking.”

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The offensive line was terrible all year long and why the new coaching staff is looking at a number of JUCO lineman.

He has warts but is tough and did well considering him being hit a lot this year. I hope he is okay and has a full recovery

Reaction Score
We just witnessed an amazing year of one sport. 10 games with Lame Duck coaches and players playing extra hard to get a decent results: I believe we should have had another 2 wins. But that's the way they bounced. We don't have to say anything more but WE appreciate their year in keeping this moving forward to a better day.

Reaction Score
He's not a fit talent wise for where we want to be as a program. That's not his fault but that doesn't mean we shouldn't move on. Mora needs a starting level QB, because for all the usual backup, local kid love that flows to Tyler Phommachanh, he isn't the answer either if he can't stay on the field. If he turns out to be better than his brother then we still need a quality backup.

Ita UConn tradition to throw as many question marks under center as we can and hope one sticks. We are short of question marks since we know that no QB on the roster with the possible exception of Tyler Phommachanh played well enough given multiple opportunities.
If Jim Mora wants a transfer QB, an Ohio State QB is in the portal. Jim Miller a Freshmen...

Reaction Score
You wouldn't want me. I'm older than Mora, from a generation that wasn't afraid to spare your precious feelings. And old enough to have watched enough football to know Steven Krajewski is simply not good, I don't care who else recruited him.
You don’t have a clue on what you’re talking about. You’re not only older than Mora, but your IQ is 100 points lower.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You don’t have a clue on what you’re talking about. You’re not only older than Mora, but your IQ is 100 points lower.
That would put Mora around 255. Pretty smart guy and excellent hire in that case.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have no idea how Mora perceives our current QBs?
We have no idea who Mora's top QB target in the portal is?
We have no idea what the UConn QB room will look like this spring?

Except for that, it's settled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom