Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Who's next on the list? Would anyone be pushed away from his commitment?

Reaction Score
Who's next on the list? Would anyone be pushed away from his commitment?

I would doubt it. It would look like Enoch is more of a 4 with his size and athleticism and Stone a 5. The thing is even if they were both a combined 4/5 they could coexist anyway. The positions mean little just watch them play - together they could both switch from the post up position to the foul line or baseline anyway as both can shoot.

Grab Stone and things will be looking real nice........

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
A bigger version of D Daniels. Yes!!!!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He's listed at 6'10" and 225 on 24/7, considerably bigger than Comanche and heavier now than Nolan was last year. Just based on that, he could swing between the 4 and 5 as needed. He and Stone would complement each other. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Reaction Score
“They just presented an opportunity to Steve to play right away. They picture him as a bigger Deandre Daniels.”

That's kind of how I view him as well. Does that imply the staff thinks he'll immediately supplant Facey at the 4?

Reaction Score
No. You don't get many recruits by telling them they aren't going to play much at first.

I know that. My question is, how much of that is telling a recruit what they want to hear, and how much of it is their honest appraisal of the roster?

Reaction Score
He should play a a bunch, but not like 30 mpg fulltime starter. He simply wont be good enough to do that, and would realize that soon enough when he is riddled with foul trouble etc.

Reaction Score
Great pick up and he has a smooth stroke for a big guy on shots outside the paint, which kind of shocks me that hes a 46% ft shooter
A few months of UConn MBB practices will likely result in a dramatic increase in his FT shooting percentage.

Reaction Score
Enoch was walking around at the football game with Coach Miller. Enoch is tall but thin. I nodded my head at him and he nodded back as I did not want to talk to him or approach him.

Reaction Score
I know that. My question is, how much of that is telling a recruit what they want to hear, and how much of it is their honest appraisal of the roster?

I think it's very difficult for even the coaching staff to know today whether Steve Enoch two years from now is going to be better than Kentan Facey two years from now. Not to mention that having the opportunity to " play right away" isn't the same as "start right away and play 30 minutes."

Reaction Score
I love the fact he is 16- he could grow another few inches before he shows up at UCONN. He is a work in progress and I love to have a few of those kids in the mix.

Reaction Score
He's listed at 6'10" and 225 on 24/7, considerably bigger than Comanche and heavier now than Nolan was last year. Just based on that, he could swing between the 4 and 5 as needed. He and Stone would complement each other. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.[/QUOTE

......................................................................................................................................................

Saw him walking around at the football game Saturday, hard to miss. He is Very tall and Very thin.

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Honestly curious: do you begin 75% of your sentences in real life conversation with "Quite frankly" as you do here?
Similar to people who overuse, "To be honest", creates some questions about their actual honesty, perhaps Chief's simply not so frank in some of his comments. Or, it's just one of his individual quirks.

More importantly, Enoch committed to UCONN. That's far more important for our Huskies!

Reaction Score
how do you pronounce his name? is it eee-knock, en-ick, or...

Reaction Score
That's kind of how I view him as well. Does that imply the staff thinks he'll immediately supplant Facey at the 4?
I mean we will see how Facey plays this year, but we haven't seen the things in Facey that we've been seeing in Enoch. And Steve has a whole year to improve as well. I could see him starting at the 4, getting 15 minutes there with Facey and Rock splitting the rest, and sliding over to the 5 to give AB/PN rest and/or when KO wants to go small for a different look.

We can now officially expect to see FIVE potential shooters on the floor at times next season. If everyone (but Boat of course) stays, we will be seeing at times:
Jalen
RP
DHam
Facey
Enoch

And hooooly that is a lineup.

Reaction Score
Quite Frankly. Simply. etc etc

Hmmm ... do you hand around with a guy from Braintree?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I mean we will see how Facey plays this year, but we haven't seen the things in Facey that we've been seeing in Enoch...
Slow down. Facey's got nice highlight reels, too, and will have a chance to show that 3-point jumper of his every now and then in games this year.

None of us really know how things are going to look two seasons from now.

Reaction Score
He's listed at 6'10" and 225 on 24/7, considerably bigger than Comanche and heavier now than Nolan was last year.
Not to mention he's SIXTEEEN but honestly I don't want him getting much bigger; he won't be giving up any more than 20-25 lbs at any point even at the 5, which really isn't that bad. Want him to stay mobile and athletic so we can move him around the floor and create mismatches. I think if he steadily got up to 230-235 over the next couple years that would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom