Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
doesn't he want to win?

Jamie Dixon may be the worst dance coach in the country

we have to hope he's aiming higher, we have to hope he's hoping for some success in March AND he has NBA aspirations

and if that's the case, Pitt ain't it

Reaction Score
Well we wont have to worry about U of P's "breathtaking scenery and weather" persuading him.

You clearly haven't seen what Pittsburgh is like from June 7 - June 8. The smog lifts for about an hour that day, and the city basks in the glow of the sun or from the radiation dumped in the three rivers. Either way, for that hour, it is "breathtaking," but that could be the smog returning.

Reaction Score
doesn't he want to win?

Jamie Dixon may be the worst dance coach in the country

we have to hope he's aiming higher, we have to hope he's hoping for some success in March AND he has NBA aspirations

and if that's the case, Pitt ain't it
I think it has as much to do with the teams he puts together as well as his coaching. He basically builds Cinci+ teams that you don't want to face in the regular season, but are not built to win 6 games in a row in the tournament

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've got no problem with the kid checking out his options. He'd be foolish not to. If we can't withstand challenges from other viable options it's our loss and it will continue to be. I think we're the best choice for him as among those options, and hopefully he will, too.

Reaction Score
I think it's going to come down to us and Ohio State. I thought prior to hearing this that we were the clear favorite but I'm not feeling so good about that anymore. If Gibbs wants to play for a team that will win, he'll come to UConn. I think it should be a no brainer for him. I just hope he realizes that and makes the right decision.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well we wont have to worry about U of P's "breathtaking scenery and weather" persuading him.
You clearly haven't seen what Pittsburgh is like from June 7 - June 8. The smog lifts for about an hour that day, and the city basks in the glow of the sun or from the radiation dumped in the three rivers. Either way, for that hour, it is "breathtaking," but that could be the smog returning.

Easy there fellas. One thing to hate Pitt the institution, another thing to misguidedly dump on the city.

Honestly, it would be difficult to find a better place to settle down and still get four real seasons. I have a beautiful house in a beautiful area that costs 1/3 of what it does in Fairfield Cty, along with great cultural amenities, plenty of outdoors stuff to do, one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country, the best ballpark in the US, less traffic and a whole lot less snow.

Here's a list of what Pittsburgh offers.

However, a short drive to the west or south of me and I can even go cow tipping if I get homesick for Storrs.

Anyone who wants to visit, let me know. I can even point you to pizza.

Reaction Score
"one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country"

Yikes, this is the kind of statement that yanks threads off course in a hurry so I will try to avoid that by simply saying "no".

Reaction Score
Easy there fellas. One thing to hate Pitt the institution, another thing to misguidedly dump on the city.

Honestly, it would be difficult to find a better place to settle down and still get four real seasons. I have a beautiful house in a beautiful area that costs 1/3 of what it does in Fairfield Cty, along with great cultural amenities, plenty of outdoors stuff to do, one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country, the best ballpark in the US, less traffic and a whole lot less snow.

Here's a list of what Pittsburgh offers.

However, a short drive to the west or south of me and I can even go cow tipping if I get homesick for Storrs.

Anyone who wants to visit, let me know. I can even point you to pizza.

I should have used an emoticon for you. ;) I've been to Pittsburgh, and yes, it really is a nice city. I mostly jest.

Reaction Score
The saving grace for me is that Slater reported that he committed and a few other sources ran with it. I mean, one has to think there was some sort of premise for the guy to come out with that news.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been to Pittsburgh on business and found it to be a decent place to get your needs met, and there are enough colleges and pro sports teams to provide an interesting environment. It's just way too far from the coast though for me to ever consider it as a place to live. Personally, I need a coast and/or real ski mountains close enough to enjoy in order to be happy.

Reaction Score
AAC will lose many recruits,transfers etc....The University fell asleep and missed the most crucial move in it`s history. The ACC move should have happened and didn't. So basically were in the conference usa/Atlantic ten or the AUSA. What a joke....

Reaction Score
AAC will lose many recruits,transfers etc....The University fell asleep and missed the most crucial move in it`s history. The ACC move should have happened and didn't. So basically were in the conference usa/Atlantic ten or the AUSA. What a joke....
This is the type of fresh, unique insight that I always find refreshing. Wow, we never heard this before.

Reaction Score
you guys realize he could be having trouble/waiting to get into a grad program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member