Stephon Castle drafted 4th to the Spurs! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle drafted 4th to the Spurs!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I truly think Steph is gonna kill it in San Antonio. He’s going to an insane 1-2 with Wemby

It was my main want out of this draft - it’s easy to root for that team the next 10+ years. The fit is excellent culturally and on court. The “Castle 5” looks great in black and silver. It’s all gravy. I admit I wanted Sheppard with him.

Reaction Score
Looks likely, per the other thread:

Just saw this. He played maybe 20 ish minutes game last year so this has to be to mentor Castle and the other guys. I’ve never been a Spurs fan but always respected them as an organization. He’s set up for success.

Reaction Score
Just saw this. He played maybe 20 ish minutes game last year so this has to be to mentor Castle and the other guys. I’ve never been a Spurs fan but always respected them as an organization. He’s set up for success.
Yeah, no way CP3 can still be a lead PG at age 39. Probably will be a similar role as what he played last year with the Warriors (maybe a few more min/game).

Reaction Score
Is CP going to be a good teammate?
It depends what you mean by that. By all accounts he’s a very serious dude. I would say from what I’ve read about Castle, his family and our program then yes. He’s a Kobe type competitor and leads by example. The issues I’ve heard about with teammates were with happy go lucky type guys that maybe didn’t prepare like Chris did. I could be 100% wrong though so who knows? Never had the pleasure of being his teammate….yet.

Reaction Score
This would be fantastic for Stephon. Chris Paul is a very high IQ basketball player and would be great at teaching Stephon all the things about running the team as a floor general.

He will give Castle fits in practice, at least at the beginning.

caw

Reaction Score

If anyone is really bored, locked on Spurs has some footage of the first few practices. Nothing terribly interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom