Stephon Castle drafted 4th to the Spurs! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle drafted 4th to the Spurs!

Reaction Score
Can’t share it (my screenshots are uploading as .pngs) but Castle has the lead for the ROY odds at +750 on ESPN bet.

You sure thats right? DK has Castle at 3rd at +700, Sar and Risacher are 1/2. DC tied for 4th at +1200

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Steph must be thrilled, this has to be where he was hoping to go. Doesn't get better from a franchise/development standpoint and you get to play with a generational talent like Wemby. Thrilled for him, he earned every bit of this! What great promo for Hurley and his staff tonight as well!
Agreed. And honestly, it's probably a really nice, fun place for a young guy to live. Plenty to do without some of the distractions of NY, LA, Chicago or Miami.

Reaction Score
Having seen Sheppard at Kentucky, drafting him with Castle on the board is just stunning to me, I’ve never heard of the other 2 guys so I can’t comment on them.

Sheppard is going to get hunted and abused on defense. It will be tough for his team to keep him on the floor in a close game.

Reaction Score
You sure thats right? DK has Castle at 3rd at +700, Sar and Risacher are 1/2. DC tied for 4th at +1200
It's not accurate

IMG_7398.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yeah, just seems like a lot of "if". Though I would argue that a player as unique as he is could get it done given his freakish tools
The health being there for 15 plus years is question mark, especially at his size. I wish the young man great health but players at that height and weight don’t have a great track record of playing 80 games year after year after year.

Reaction Score
Agreed. And honestly, it's probably a really nice, fun place for a young guy to live. Plenty to do without some of the distractions of NY, LA, Chicago or Miami.
I haven’t been in SA for quite a while, but my memory is that it’s not that big a place that can get small after a few months. But as u say, he can focus on BB

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I was looking on Pikkit and for some reason they don’t have the French guys up there. I’d show the screenshot I have but again, can’t upload lol

I like his odds at +700 though. DCs odds on Fanduel are also at +2000

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Clingan is +2000 on FanDuel. I can see it, he probably won't have the PT of others. But I really like Castle here. He has the goods and will be put in the position to succeed. None of the articles I've read have mentioned his drive and finish ability. That's going to transfer to the league.

Reaction Score
I don’t see the Edey odds as making any sense. He’s not in college
Mostly just opportunity for him, he's likely the starting center for them game 1. I agree he's not winning ROY though

Reaction Score
A modern day Stockton/Malone would be great just with the hope that wemby is a better person which isn't hard..

Reaction Score
This is so huge man, for Castle, and for Hurley, Moore, Young, and Murray, UConn players past and present, and future, and everyone else that makes this UConn program go. UConn getting mad respect from the NBA!
Now we are at a point where Hurley and the coaching staff have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to talking points to recruits. In fact, they should just play this video and others (i.e. clips from last night's NBA Draft) to incoming recruits. There is a saying I heard once, if you say great things about yourself it's bragging. If others say it, it is validation (or something like that).

Reaction Score
Even though Steph played only one season he is definitely will go down as one of my all time favorite Huskies. I not only loved his game but it was the way he went about it. He is a special young man and I wish him all the success in the NBA.

Reaction Score
So happy for him. Steph has the personality of a Spurs player (and I mean that as the highest compliment), what an amazing situation for him. It’s unusual to have one of the best organizations in the lottery - but he lucked out.

I was really hoping Clingan would have lasted one more spot, and then could have played together. Wembg and Cling Kong together would have been nasty.

Reaction Score
What a great kid. Got all the talent in the world and the work ethic and the smarts to use it the right way. He’s gonna be a star. And that giant castle chain was dope

Reaction Score

Great for Steph and nice to hear how one of the most respected franchises views UConn.

This is so huge man, for Castle, and for Hurley, Moore, Young, and Murray, UConn players past and present, and future, and everyone else that makes this UConn program go. UConn getting mad respect from the NBA!
Yeah, if our recruiting target has his sights set on getting drafted by a quality organization. Spurs, Warriors, Heat, Celtics.

If he just wants to get to the NBA on any old team, he is better off being a skinny Frenchman.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Atlanta is gonna regret passing on this guy. Plus the cherry on top being from Georgia. Gonna be a brutal look for them.

Reaction Score
Atlanta is gonna regret passing on this guy. Plus the cherry on top being from Georgia. Gonna be a brutal look for them.
And passing on Sarr whether he wanted to go there or no was dumb. Hawks are a mess.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
And passing on Sarr whether he wanted to go there or no was dumb. Hawks are a mess.
I had Sarr ahead of Risacher, but I don't think he was a can't miss prospect, tbh. Castle felt like the obvious stud in this draft, in my biased opinion.

Reaction Score
I had Sarr ahead of Risacher, but I don't think he was a can't miss prospect, tbh. Castle felt like the obvious stud in this draft, in my biased opinion.
Yeah just saying Atlanta really messed up with their pick. They couldn't even pick the best French guy let alone the best USA player. Not sure why they were so happy about getting him in the draft room.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The Frenchmen will be the first picked until one turns out to be a dud. It may happen this year.

Reaction Score
They went with the "safe" pick, which in 2-4 years they will probably regret. Supposedly Reed Sheppard was #2 on their board, and picking him would have been a much more ballsy move. Though that would probably have meant they would need to trade Trae away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom