Stephon Castle drafted 4th to the Spurs! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle drafted 4th to the Spurs!

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch Sheppard play much, but he shot over 50% from three? If that is the case, why was Kentucky awful. Imagine castle shot 50% from three. We would have won every game by 40plus. Why didn’t sheppard shoot 30 times a game?

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch Sheppard play much, but he shot over 50% from three? If that is the case, why was Kentucky awful. Imagine castle shot 50% from three. We would have won every game by 40plus. Why didn’t sheppard shoot 30 times a game?
Kentucky wasn't "awful", but their defense for most of the season was and then the freshmen hit their "lights too bright" moment against Oakland first round. Sheppard wasn't gonna shoot that much just like Castle wasn't gonna shoot that many times, other players gotta eat too.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
lol, I guess that's simple enough
Haha playstyle wise. Even though being an MVP candidate would be helpful too.

Castle was super effective offensively here because he didn’t force 3s. Took probably 3 at most in a good game. I don’t expect him to lean on that in the NBA the same way SGA doesn’t. Andre Jackson’s problem was that he wasn’t a great shooter and he was still determined to make that the only shot he was comfortable taking.

Reaction Score
I'm so pumped for this! The Spurs are the team of the future with the face of the NBA leading them. Steph fits in perfectly as an all-around winner. I was already planning to watch all of Wemby's games next year, but this just takes it to another level. There's nothing like watching UConn alumni in the league get minutes.

Sheppard looks like an excellent versatile shooter with high defensive IQ. However, I agree that there's not a huge gap between him and Castle as prospects. I think Castle is a much better prospect, which is not the consensus opinion among draft analysts. Sheppard is closer to a DeAnthony Melton-type guard than a top scorer like Devin Booker, but Castle brings so much size as a defender and cutter. I love how he mentioned setting screens for Wemby immediately in the press conference. He can really grow into that Jimmy Butler/Jrue Holiday mix without needing crazy high usage like SGA.

Reaction Score
Is Juan Nunez expected to come over to the Spurs for this upcoming season?

Reaction Score
Consensus is he'll stay overseas, still under contract and will be with the Olympic team all summer

Reaction Score
Consensus is he'll stay overseas, still under contract and will be with the Olympic team all summer
Good, should mean more on ball reps for Steph cuz Nunez is a beast in pick & roll

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Good, should mean more on ball reps for Steph cuz Nunez is a beast in pick & roll
I think SA sees Steph as the PG there. It seems like he was pretty diligent on making sure teams were on the same page as him as far as the kind of role he would have.

I don’t think he’ll do the same things he did here and he tried to make sure of it.

Reaction Score
Before the draft people thought he might stay, but I thought I saw that night someone said he might come over right away. In his interview with the team he said basically "I don't know" lol. Seems like he stays overseas for 1 more year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom