Starting lineup for first game in November | The Boneyard

Starting lineup for first game in November

Reaction Score
Here is what I came up for the starting lineup for game one of the 2021-22 season in November

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
Guard: Jordan Hawkins, Jalen Gaffney and RJ Cole
Forwards: Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Here is what I came up for the starting lineup for game one of the 2021-22 season in November

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
Barring some really great news in the transfer market, RJ will be starting. The shooting in your lineup.... yuck.

Reaction Score
Lol I can't even figure out what's going on here. Akok at the 3??????????? This may be the worst shooting lineup in the history of basketball.

We don't know our full roster yet obviously, but if I had to guess right now based off who we have it would be...

Starters
Cole
Gaffney
Martin
Akok (assuming fully healthy)
Sanogo

Bench
Jackson
Hawkins
Diggins
Springs
Johnson

Reaction Score
Lol I can't even figure out what's going on here. Akok at the 3??????????? This may be the worst shooting lineup in the history of basketball.

We don't know our full roster yet obviously, but if I had to guess right now based off who we have it would be...

Starters
Cole
Gaffney
Martin
Sanogo

Bench
Jackson
Hawkins
Diggins
Springs
Johnson
Yep, this is it. Hopefully the freshmen are good enough to challenge for/get moved into the starting lineup by conference play, but the chances of one, let alone two, freshmen starting the first game is a stretch unless something goes really, really right or really, really wrong.

Reaction Score

Starters
Cole
Gaffney
Martin
Sanogo

Bench
Jackson
Hawkins
Diggins
Springs
Johnson
Jackson instead of Martin, Hawkins will be starting at some point.

Reaction Score
Remember when Baylor won the national championship? Outside shooting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even setting aside the question marks of the seniors and possible transfers, I can't see two freshmen starting.

Or even one. Every year it's the same story and people exaggerate how effective most freshmen can be, especially early on.

Reaction Score
I personally do not want to see Cole or Gaffney starting. I think they will be better off the bench. As for starting two centers I think one of them can be a forward and the other the center.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
jmoney, and
rj, and
the real ty, and
sunoco, and
i have no clue.
that's five.

Reaction Score
I rarely go to espn but I saw the title - historic table celebrations - and my curiosity got me. Suggs, Wade, James and of course you know who. We need one of these guys this year.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
I think that this is your IDEAL lineup. Not saying it will start, but this is the best lineup to finish out a really important BE game.

Starters
Diggins
Locke (Assuming he comes)
Hawkins
Akok (Assuming he is healthy)
Sanogo (Assuming Whaley doesn't come back)

2nd Unit
Gaffney
Cole
Tyrese
Springs
Johnson

Of course, I hope that we add more than Locke due to the fact that we have three scholarships open and I hope that Whaley and Polley come back but I'm trying to be realistic on that front.

Also, Ajax can be plugged in anywhere as far as I am concerned and Hurley doesn't play Platoon swap. These are lineups that I see together a lot though.

Reaction Score
Jackson has to be develop into a scorer. Sure he can pass nicely but if I am defending him I am sagging off him and begging for him to shoot or I'm cloggin the lane and making it harder for Adama. Martin sucked towards end of year shooting but he has shown he can hit the three and he is one of the best offesnsive rebounders in the country. i would start Martin, Akok and Sanogo or if Akok isn't himself then start Jackson, Martin and Sanogo.

RJ and Jalen start as guards is a no brainer. Jalen needs to be more of a scorer now. With Diggins getting lots of time at PG as well.

Reaction Score
I think that this is your IDEAL lineup. Not saying it will start, but this is the best lineup to finish out a really important BE game.

Starters
Diggins
Locke (Assuming he comes)
Hawkins
Akok (Assuming he is healthy)
Sanogo (Assuming Whaley doesn't come back)

2nd Unit
Gaffney
Cole
Tyrese
Springs
Johnson

Of course, I hope that we add more than Locke due to the fact that we have three scholarships open and I hope that Whaley and Polley come back but I'm trying to be realistic on that front.

Also, Ajax can be plugged in anywhere as far as I am concerned and Hurley doesn't play Platoon swap. These are lineups that I see together a lot though.
This is awful. You want to start two freshman guards and a transfer? Instead of guys who have played together for over a year. Kemba didn't even start as a freshman and he was one of the best PG coming out of high school.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
This is awful. You want to start two freshman guards and a transfer? Instead of guys who have played together for over a year. Kemba didn't even start as a freshman and he was one of the best PG coming out of high school.
I don't trust Cole as far as I can throw him. Same with Gaff. They both have really good stretches and I like both but Diggins will run an offense with an experience far beyond his years, Locke can shoot the lights out and deserves it, and Hawkins is a can't miss guy. Im not saying that these guys will ever start together but this is the best crunch time lineup IN MY OPINION.

Reaction Score

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs

0 proven shooters starting? Lol

Reaction Score

I agree with you, but Kemba potentially would have started as a freshman on this roster. He had AJ Price ahead of him, who was light years ahead of Cole and Gaffney. That was a final four team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You are right on Kemba but part of it is not only how good you are coming out of HS but how good the players on the are already. Kemba had senior year AJ Price, junior year Dyson and senior Austrie in front of him.

These incoming guards have Cole and Gaffney.

Not saying these new players will or won't be able to overtake the existing roster players but the bar for overtaking is lower than what Kemba had as a freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom