Starting five? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Starting five?

sun

Reaction Score
I'm convinced that Aubrey is going to become a starter.
She's indispensable as the 5th player that can disrupt any defense, and she can provide an athletic offensive component much like Gabby Williams at times.
Now that's she's recovered, her role & minutes will increase, especially against the elite out of conference teams.
She can do some things that no other UConn player has been proven to be able to duplicate.
As long as she stays healthy, Geno will need to rely on her athletic ability to disrupt opposing defenses to help engage the UConn offense, especially rebounding, put backs and slashing moves to the basket.
She knows how to attack the basket in traffic, draw fouls and make foul shots.
IMO there's no doubt that she will be a key & vital player to any UConn run this year, especially in the NCAAT's.
She's simply too athletic and experienced to not be a starter and play a majority of minutes. per game,.
She's fierce & she's fearless.
Her arrow is pointing straight up.

UConn Highlights: Aubrey Griffin - Sophomore Season (2020-2021)

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have no worries regarding scoring.
I WANT BOARDS!
I’m surprised no one has liked this comment yet. I want boards too. Every board we get is one more possession for us, and one less for our opponent. Rebounds add up. If you win the battle of the boards, you usually win the game. :cool:

sun

Reaction Score
IMO Azzi, Lou, Aubrey, Edwards, Dorka will be the starters unless Geno wants Carol to start instead of Lou.

Otherwise Carol will be the 1st off the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm convinced that Aubrey is going to become a starter.
She's indispensable as the 5th player that can disrupt any defense, and she can provide an athletic offensive component much like Gabby Williams at times.
Now that's she's recovered, her role & minutes will increase, especially against the elite out of conference teams.
She can do some things that no other UConn player has been proven to be able to duplicate.
As long as she stays healthy, Geno will need to rely on her athletic ability to disrupt opposing defenses to help engage the UConn offense, especially rebounding, put backs and slashing moves to the basket.
She knows how to attack the basket in traffic, draw fouls and make foul shots.
IMO there's no doubt that she will be a key & vital player to any UConn run this year, especially in the NCAAT's.
She's simply too athletic and experienced to not be a starter and play a majority of minutes. per game,.
She's fierce & she's fearless.
Her arrow is pointing straight up.

UConn Highlights: Aubrey Griffin - Sophomore Season (2020-2021)

I hope you are correct, not merely for Aubrey’s sake but because it would be a concrete sign of a fairly large jump in the overall quality of this team! For that to happen, she would need to beat out Caroline, AE, or Lou thus substantially improving the bench an the overall depth of the team!

sun

Reaction Score
I hope you are correct, not merely for Aubrey’s sake but because it would be a concrete sign of a fairly large jump in the overall quality of this team! For that to happen, she would need to beat out Caroline, AE, or Lou thus substantially improving the bench an the overall depth of the team!
Using a lot of subs can help keep their legs fresh, control the boards & the tempo of the game.
We may be able to get back to instituting a higher scoring running game.
The team just needs to mesh.
Maybe they can rally around Aubrey since she brings a lot of energy & passion.
It can become infectious if she can set a good example for others - i.e. how to be disruptive, she follows up shots.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom