Nelson-Ododa

Bench players, in order of minutes:
Makurat
Griffin
Muhl
McLean
Gabriel
Chassion
Looks good to me, and I can see Makurat and Griffin in the closing five or in any critical situation.

Reaction Score
Hmmm, the way I see it Anna is/will be the best player on this team so it's hard to imagine her not being in the starting lineup. With her I expect the following: Williams, Nelson-Ododa, Westbrook (unless not physically unable), and Bueckers. It also won't surprise me if Griffin replaces any of these except Anna.
I agree on Anna and all the more on getting her sister over here too. Yes, and Nika's sis as well!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@hoophuskee - Maybes don't count for much, neither do hopes and prayers. In fact, they are strictly an unknown resulting from pure speculation.

Okay but I just want to reiterate I never said anything was assured though. I just offered possibilities.

But I'd like to add further- a top 5 recruit (Liv) that has shown improvement - and even in the Big 3 Games she showed improvement - in which she is being coached by the greatest WCBB of all-time. Isn't it a bit more than "hopes and prayers" that she'll at least be "decent" as now being an upperclassman?

So I think for me is more positive regarding Liv than the tone you are using of "hopes and prayers." Because imo I've seen improvement from Liv and expect she'll continue to improve because of talent and super coaching. IMO that is more than the tone you are using.

As far as Edwards I don't know what she is until I see her. But what of those who have seen her a lot - and say she is real good? I can't bash them over the head for that. And because some of them have posted on here a long time and proven ot be very good with their assessments-- in which I have a certain respect and trust in them because in the past they've proven to be darn good- would I be wrong to think they are possibly right - considering this is just a board to also talk a lot of "maybes" anyway?

For example-- all the recruits that have given verbals maybe will sign in November. Until they do, can't we talk "maybe" she will be good at this position or that position etc? A lot is "maybe." "Maybe" some don't sign.

Reaction Score
@hoophuskee - You must not have much to do! So, let me add "possibilities" to the list of meaningless when it comes to facts and realities. It is my sincere hope that UConn goes undefeated for the next 5-6 years and adds an equal number of National Championships. I pray that Liv demonstrates some real improvements on both ends of the court throughout an entire season. Maybe this season both she and Williams will start living up to all the hype before they arrived here. :)

-30-

Reaction Score
@hoophuskee - You must not have much to do! So, let me add "possibilities" to the list of meaningless when it comes to facts and realities. It is my sincere hope that UConn goes undefeated for the next 5-6 years and adds an equal number of National Championships. I pray that Liv demonstrates some real improvements on both ends of the court throughout an entire season. Maybe this season both she and Williams will start living up to all the hype before they arrived here. :)

-30-

I don't understand your comment "have much to do." My only point was that I gave you possibilities. Sure I agree with your comments above other than I would use "expect" instead of "pray." I expect both to play well. But who knows they might not be what I expect. Okay- I'm done. No harm done.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with comments. ONO a potential All American but not very physical and tends to get in foul trouble when she is. Surrounding her with 3-4 guards can work but not ideal. Predict by end of year, Edwards will be getting significant playing time.

I think Edwards will be getting significant playing time right off the bat. I think she kinda has to.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
By late January, starters will be:
Bueckers
Westbrook
Williams
Edwards
Nelson-Ododa

Bench players, in order of minutes:
Makurat
Griffin
Muhl
McLean
Gabriel
Chassion
1. I Hope my esteemed Texas colleague is well, healthy and ready for the “unique season”.
2. I completely agree with your 8 players and love the depth of scoring and passing this team possesses as we have not seen this in a few years.
3. Where we part ways is, in my view there is NO WAY Anna, after earning the starting job last year will be relegated to 1st off the bench. Geno doesn’t think that way, especially with a player of Anna’s skill set. All 8 will get significant minutes. Mir is the 9th player and in my assessment of skills I have seen of her, she’s got more to do to earn time that these others will be getting. She will be very good eventually.
It was noted earlier that “unless We played DePaul, UConn will not to with 4 guards” whereas we are now in the BigEast and the top teams are DePaul, Marquette who is also guard oriented, Butler (guard oriented) and as I review the rest of the BE, no one has size to force UConn to shy away from the 4 guard lineup. Heck even Louisville who we added, not a lot of size. Only Baylor and SC have size to force a change in philosophy potentially.
I for one, am looking to that stellar UConn ball movement and high team assist totals with so many passers and shooters.
Humbly submitted,
DefenseBB

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger