Start your day in a good mood | The Boneyard

Start your day in a good mood

Reaction Score
Sylvia Hatchell is pretty cool. Watching the highlights, the Tarheels are surpassing their good form of a decade ago. It would be nice if we could start playing them during the season again.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Editorial correction respectfully submitted.

I am sure you are right but I only wanted to watch the last 2 minutes from 71-71. When Arike's shot was tipped short, she decided to move at molasses speed back. Just so glaring.

Reaction Score
Seems like ND is a lot like us, 5 top players, then it falls off. One person goes down, Jackie Young, and they lose to a not great team. Did not see the game so I will to try and catch it on replay. Lucky for them it seems like an ankle sprain, not season ending. Kind of why everyone here is harping on our need for better bench. Would swap three ok bench players for one really good one. Like 1995, Sales as a freshman, ready to jump in when someone got into foul trouble. Like in the Tennessee games. Or more preferred would love to swap one ok bench player for an improved bench player who upped their play a notch or two. Most likely who still have upside would be Olivia as a freshman, and Touly as she continues to heal physically and maybe mentally as she gains confidence in her legs. Don't know if that same mental healing applies to Olivia as well. Coombs maybe, but I just don't have any idea what is going on there. Before she got here people were talking her up as a real find. It just has not happened.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Boy. Arike's defensive effort in the last 2 minutes. Bleech.
The best part of this is adding another notch to Asia for POY in the ACC and it being a knock against Arike. Add in ESPN constantly playing her last second bucket winners, her “questionable” rough play, I am sure all the other ACC Coaches will not be voting for her. The ACC pre-tournament announcements should be great theater if Asia wins as Muffet’s “graciousness” is always must see tv.

BTW, does anyone have Muffett’s presser from this game?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Will this get for NCheat an NCAA bid? Withluck they could finish 17-13 before ACC Tournament and if they go 1-1, they end up 18-14. Their current Massey is 39, with a SoS of 18. Clemson is #50 and ND, Louisville, NC St, Syracuse, Miami, Florida St, are probably in.
Thoughts?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Look on the bright side. No matter who wins the matchup in Louisville on Thursday, you will be able to start off Friday in a good mood. :cool:

Appreciate the thought but actually I'm going to need UConn to win. The thought of Walz giving a triumphant post-game interview in front of the home crowd makes my skin crawl.

UConn by 30 sounds about right.

Reaction Score
Appreciate the thought but actually I'm going to need UConn to win. The thought of Walz giving a triumphant post-game interview in front of the home crowd makes my skin crawl.

UConn by 30 sounds about right.
Geno did say at the end of his presser yesterday that he was going to call Jeff to let him know how many times UConn has beaten them. UConn's not winning this one by 30 though.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I am sure you are right but I only wanted to watch the last 2 minutes from 71-71. When Arike's shot was tipped short, she decided to move at molasses speed back. Just so glaring.
When Arike commits a turnover whether by pass, blocked shot, or someone just stealing the ball from her hands, she either complains to the official, stands there, or trots back down the floor, showing no hustle. If WNBA scouts notice this it may affect her draft status negatively.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When Arike commits a turnover whether by pass, blocked shot, or someone just stealing the ball from her hands, she either complains to the official, stands there, or trots back down the floor, showing no hustle. If WNBA scouts notice this it may affect her draft status negatively.
That is a very generous use of the word "trot" because that implies she was trying to get some place and clearly Arike wasn't.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sylvia Hatchell is pretty cool. Watching the highlights, the Tarheels are surpassing their good form of a decade ago. It would be nice if we could start playing them during the season again.
No, they are not. If they were passing their form of a decade ago, they would be doing better.

They may be improving. I think they have had some good recruiting. As someone else suggested, they certainly have a chance at the NCAA's. But they haven't returned to form yet. And Hatchell, health issues apart, is not getting any younger.

Reaction Score
One thing I will be looking for, whether Jeff wears his Italian Tablecloth shirt or not. :rolleyes:

1548714919824.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom