Stanford vs. South Carolina Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs. South Carolina Game Thread

Reaction Score
SC looks flat. I'm not sure if I'm surprised by that, but I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a more dynamic showing.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Lou, knowing how close they are I know she's worried if they are following the game.

Reaction Score
Difference between McCall (sp?) and Wilson - McCall doesn't get so far under the basket when she tries to score. Wilson steps right underneath it giving time for that throng of defenders to surround her.

Reaction Score
Is this game bad for women's basketball?

I hate these junk defenses of Stanford, just makes the games look awful.

Not watching -- what kind of defense is it?

Anything that would give us trouble?

Reaction Score
The Stanford tree is the weirdest looking mascot in the NCAA
I was there when they unveiled the "tree" (replacing the Indian). It was at the Big Game (Stanford-Cal football) at Stanford and at halftime their nutsy band actually planted a tree at the 50 yard line!

Reaction Score
As little apparent effort or enthusiasm as I've ever seen in an important game. Either team

Reaction Score
South Carolina just doesn't have many offensive weapons and without Coates, Wilson commands all the attention daring a freshman PG or Davis to beat you

And there is a slow whistle tonight - everyone is accustom to every little bump being called a foul. I love the way the game is being called- no egotistical officials that think they are a big part of the game

Reaction Score
Wow. Terrible offensive display by both teams. Plus it does not help that South Carolina can't shoot. If they can make shots, they help reduce the double team on Wilson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
At this point, I'd not be scared of either team. Stanford may be without Karlie - hope she's ok that's for sure, but I think we matchup well vs. Stanford. I believe UCONN plays better defense than Stanford, and SC is completely flummoxed. Is it possible they regressed since they played us?? Go Cardinal!!!

Reaction Score
I was there when they unveiled the "tree" (replacing the Indian). It was at the Big Game (Stanford-Cal football) at Stanford and at halftime their nutsy band actually planted a tree at the 50 yard line!

They should have kept the Indian, how ridiculous.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The worst thing about this game for SC is that Tara has given the rest of WCBB the blue print for defending SC and A'ja Wilson for her senior year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Difference between McCall (sp?) and Wilson - McCall doesn't get so far under the basket when she tries to score. Wilson steps right underneath it giving time for that throng of defenders to surround her.
Look for Dawn to adjust and put Wilson at the elbow, Davis to the weak side corner and Gray running the baseline. A'ja is starting too deep.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Why does Cuevas take wild contested shots early in the shot clock? She could easily get the same wild shot later in the clock.

Bad decisions are a feature of her game.

Reaction Score
I am at work and I cannot watch the game.
I would like to know if Dawn's Olympian duties are preventing her for planning an effective game and making adjustments real time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom