Stanford/Tenn game on tonight at 10pm | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stanford/Tenn game on tonight at 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
On to The Summitt to see why they are a better team than UCONN after this loss....they had quite a few when we lost to Baylor

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Nneka played one of the greatest individual wcbb games I have ever witnessed. She was backed up admirably by Kokenis and, to a lesser extent, her sister.

The other Stanford players didn't really shine but give them credit for being smart enough to keep putting the ball into Nneka's hands.

I have not yet looked at the box score but I will put on my specs to make sure that I find any assists by any Lady Vol, then I will take them off to make sure that the large number of offensive rebounds by Stanford doesn't knock me off my chair. HUGE difference in number of shots taken by winners over losers.

Reaction Score
Very competitive and entertaining game. Could not believe that Tennessee shot 62% from the field in the first half and still trailed by 6 points. Stanford still needs consistent guard play and Tennessee is just plain slow. Still, on a neutral court, either of these teams could be a real test for our undersized Lady Huskies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
On to The Summitt to see why they are a better team than UCONN after this loss....they had quite a few when we lost to Baylor
I don't need to go there to learn that home court is worth 20 points in Storrs or Palo Alto but nothing in Waco. Tennessee handicappers' math.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Very competitive and entertaining game. Could not believe that Tennessee shot 62% from the field in the first half and still trailed by 6 points. Stanford still needs consistent guard play and Tennessee is just plain slow. Still, on a neutral court, either of these teams could be a real test for our undersized Lady Huskies.
Stanford, possibly if UConn plays as poorly again as they did last month. Tennessee? Not that bunch.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Nneka played one of the greatest individual wcbb games I have ever witnessed. She was backed up admirably by Kokenis and, to a lesser extent, her sister.

The other Stanford players didn't really shine but give them credit for being smart enough to keep putting the ball into Nneka's hands.

I have not yet looked at the box score but I will put on my specs to make sure that I find any assists by any Lady Vol, then I will take them off to make sure that the large number of offensive rebounds by Stanford doesn't knock me off my chair. HUGE difference in number of shots taken by winners over losers.

I haven't seen the boxscore; but the Stanford guards hit a lot of 3's.

Really big threes! (When Stanford needed them.) And the 3's, of course, provide more points per shot.

This was a fantastic game. It sure was worth staying up until midnight to watch it.

Reaction Score
Boy, am I sorry I missed the game!

And only 7,300 fans there--what a pity. Sounds like the rest of Stanford missed some great basketball.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Card, I thought that was the case but wasn't sure, thank for sharing the correct info.

Reaction Score
Though it is still early in the season, this game may help determine who gets a #1 seed in the NCAAs. Stanford's schedule, dominated by an expanded Pac 12, is not very tough. If they go 0-2 against ranked teams, they may not get a #1.

Excellent insight. :)

If Tennessee loses, they will have 3 losses and could be on their way to a #3 seed.

I don't see what 3 losses has to do with anything. 2 of them are to the top 4. And 1 of their victories is over still-ACC-favorite Miami.

I think I still have TN at #5 overall. Maybe #6 behind KY. Certainly no lower than #7.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't see what 3 losses has to do with anything. 2 of them are to the top 4. And 1 of their victories is over still-ACC-favorite Miami.

I think I still have TN at #5 overall. Maybe #6 behind KY. Certainly no lower than #7.
IMO, it's still too early to tell.

Baylor has games:
home vs Texas A&M
@ Texas A&M

UConn has games:
@ Notre Dame
@ Duke
home vs Notre Dame

Notre Dame has games:
home vs UConn
home vs Tenn
@ UConn

Stanford has no more games vs the Top 10

Maryland has games:
@ Miami
home vs Miami
home vs Duke

Tenn has games:
@ Kentucky
@Notre Dame
home vs Kentucky

Miami has games:
home vs Maryland
@ Duke
@ Maryland

Kentucky has games:
home vs Tenn
@ Tenn

Duke has games:
home vs Maryland
home vs UConn
home vs Miami

Texas A&M has games:
@ Baylor
home vs Baylor

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Excellent insight. :)

If Tennessee has 2-3 more losses than other teams, I think that should cost them in NCAA seeding. They have nice wins over Miami and Rutgers and Ok wins over Texas and UCLA. They still have ND and the SEC games. I expect they will have 5 losses, maybe more. That may push them to 8 or 9 or so. Despite the win over Miami, they may be behind Miami in the seedings--or behind Maryland and/or Duke. I think Tennessee is ahead of A&M (for now) but behind the top 4 and maybe as many as 3 ACC schools.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I don't understand why you ignore losses.

Yes, they lost to #1 Baylor, but it was at home. How many top 10 teams have a home loss?
Yes, they lost to #4 Stanford, but they were HAMMERED. A terrible loss where they looked like a top 15 team at best.
They lost to Virginia. How many top 10 teams have a loss to a team out of the top 25?

They do have a win against Miami but again, this was at home. And I'm not sold on Miami either.
They did beat RU on the road. But RU? Not a top 15 team in my mind.

So, top 5 overall? I would put them at about 9 right now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
IMO, it's still too early to tell.

Baylor has games:
home vs Texas A&M
@ Texas A&M

UConn has games:
@ Notre Dame
@ Duke
home vs Notre Dame

Notre Dame has games:
home vs UConn
home vs Tenn
@ UConn

Stanford has no more games vs the Top 10

Maryland has games:
@ Miami
home vs Miami
home vs Duke

Tenn has games:
@ Kentucky
@Notre Dame
home vs Kentucky

Miami has games:
home vs Maryland
@ Duke
@ Maryland

Kentucky has games:
home vs Tenn
@ Tenn

Duke has games:
home vs Maryland
home vs UConn
home vs Miami

Texas A&M has games:
@ Baylor
home vs Baylor
I agree about it being early, Nan, but I have a feeling that the top 4--Baylor, UConn, Notre Dame, and Stanford--may lose only to one another.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Yes, they lost to #1 Baylor, but it was at home. How many top 10 teams have a home loss?
Yes, they lost to #4 Stanford, but they were HAMMERED. A terrible loss where they looked like a top 15 team at best.
They lost to Virginia. How many top 10 teams have a loss to a team out of the top 25?

They do have a win against Miami but again, this was at home. And I'm not sold on Miami either.
They did beat RU on the road. But RU? Not a top 15 team in my mind.

I agree. Looking beyond the W-L record, they are a deeply flawed team that does not rebound or defend well enough to be close to the top 5. Plus, the coaching situation and a hammering last night has to have their confidence very shaken.

Reaction Score

I don't ignore losses; however I look at the quality of a loss. A team should not be penalized for playing a harder schedule than someone else.

How many teams have played Baylor at home?

Ok. If you think there are 8 teams what would've done better vs that schedule, then rank them 9th. I can only count 5 or 6. You're not sold on Miami; I'm not sold on Duke or Maryland.

Reaction Score
georgetown 76
miami 46
Looks like miami is not top 25 at all..........

Reaction Score
The real truth is that it is so way cooler when UT loses than when we loose, (especially getting three loses so early in the season) that should always be celebrated. In fact it should be celebrated every time one of our opponents loose, especially when they get pasted. Who are we fans off after all? UCONN thats who !

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't ignore losses; however I look at the quality of a loss. A team should not be penalized for playing a harder schedule than someone else.

Yeah, but teams shouldn't be rewarded for losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom