Stanford out of PAC12 tourney | The Boneyard

Stanford out of PAC12 tourney

Reaction Score
Not surprised. For the 2-3 weeks, they've seem to have been on the same trajectory as UConn but with less attention or concern because of their conference and the fact that they are not UConn. At least, UConn is aware and also everyone's quick to point out their failures. What will cause my eyebrows to raise is if Stanford stays a #1 or the top 2 seed. If UConn loses to Villanova (ranked 11), it's almost a gurantee they drop seedings, which is very interesting. I hope this ridiculousness adds to fuel to the fire for UConn.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was bummed because none of this evening's games were looking like they would be close. But this was the last one I thought would be close let alone an upset. Wow. Both the 1&2 seeds out of the PAC12 Tourney. Great game.

Reaction Score
She still hasn’t settled on a lineup. For a team with no injuries, that is head scratching. Does not bod well for the tournament.

Reaction Score
If Uconn wins the Big East, I think the top seeds are SC, Indiana, Uconn, and LSU
Big If. But I agree if we win the first two games convincingly and Azzi starts playing a few minutes. Again, big If. Not sure there is much a difference though between a one seed and a two seed this year though so whatever.

Reaction Score
She still hasn’t settled on a lineup. For a team with no injuries, that is head scratching. Does not bod well for the tournament.
Totally agree. This is why extreme depth is overrated. It’s like a different 5 half to half, let alone game to game.

Reaction Score
If Uconn wins the Big East, I think the top seeds are SC, Indiana, Uconn, and LSU
You’re assuming that IU will beat Maryland or Iowa and that LSU will beat TN. Those are dangerous assumptions; lots of water has yet to flow under the bridge.

Reaction Score
Funny how when UConn is in a tight game, I always get an “upset alert” notification from ESPN. Stanford? Nope. Nothing.

And everyone acts like the sky is falling… I said this in another thread, there’s been zero reaction to how Stanford has played this year.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Haley Jones has not played to her potential this year. Brinks has been very good.
I expected Lauren Betts to be Freshman of the Year. Whatever happened to her?

Reaction Score
Some teams, some players, elevate their play at tournament time. UCONN has always been able to do this and some schools have the talent but don't. UCONN will be a solid 2 at the very least if they win the BE and most likely would climb to a 1 unless someone other than Indiana wins the BIG Ten. Either way it shows it is SC and everyone else battling for the FF spots.

Kat

Reaction Score
"Stanford stays on top despite loss" --ESPN headline

Reaction Score
I expected Lauren Betts to be Freshman of the Year. Whatever happened to her?
The reality about Betts is that she was so highly ranked because she had something no one else did — unique height. She is tall, but not skilled or athletic. When she is out there, the only thing they can do is dump the ball down very low to her and she just drops it in. That is why Iriafen starts over her. Look at how Betts runs; it’s a belabored movement, not fluid like Brink. She could dominate in high school due to height, but now at the college level she is facing only highly skilled players. Unless she develops quickly, she’ll be low impact. She’ll also ride the bench next year too as Brink and Iriafen will both be back next year, too.

Reaction Score
The reality about Betts is that she was so highly ranked because she had something no one else did — unique height. She is tall, but not skilled or athletic. When she is out there, the only thing they can do is dump the ball down very low to her and she just drops it in. That is why Iriafen starts over her. Look at how Betts runs; it’s a belabored movement, not fluid like Brink. She could dominate in high school due to height, but now at the college level she is facing only highly skilled players. Unless she develops quickly, she’ll be low impact. She’ll also ride the bench next year too as Brink and Iriafen will both be back next year, too.
Betts will end up being a lot like Cardossa. It will take her a year or two just like it did for Cardossa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom