Stanford out of PAC12 tourney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford out of PAC12 tourney

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Utah and Stanford lost. Not a big surprise as Stanford has been struggling a little over the past few games. What is a surprise is UCLA scoring 29 pts against them in the 4th qtr. So how will that affect the rankings??? UConn wins out and I think we will like our bracket.

Reaction Score
You’re assuming that IU will beat Maryland or Iowa and that LSU will beat TN. Those are dangerous assumptions; lots of water has yet to flow under the bridge.
It could be a FLOOD TIDE!! Keep you head above water, Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Betts will end up being a lot like Cardossa. It will take her a year or two just like it did for Cardossa.
What Cardoso had even as a freshman was efficiency. She’d catch the ball high and put up a shot without ever bringing it down. It was hard to defend. Betts is like that too, even now. Cardoso was also foul prone as a freshman. That’s the main improvement she’s made since. She has a good package of skills as is, and so does Betts. If Betts gets into game shape and learns to pass better, she’ll be great. Cardoso is pretty great now, and if she adds a passing game she’s a clear top lottery pick.

A Stanford SC game next year with Betts and Cardoso as the starting centers could be an interesting matchup.

Reaction Score
What Cardoso had even as a freshman was efficiency. She’d catch the ball high and put up a shot without ever bringing it down. It was hard to defend. Betts is like that too, even now. Cardoso was also foul prone as a freshman. That’s the main improvement she’s made since. She has a good package of skills as is, and so does Betts. If Betts gets into game shape and learns to pass better, she’ll be great. Cardoso is pretty great now, and if she adds a passing game she’s a clear top lottery pick.

A Stanford SC game next year with Betts and Cardoso as the starting centers could be an interesting matchup.
I think Cardozo needed a change of scenery, as did others on that Syracuse team. I think her biggest adjustment was attitude, and Dawn is taking care of this, still a work in progress. It’ll be interesting to see her next year once Boston is gone.

Reaction Score
I think Cardoso is more athletic and nimble. I think they both made poor decisions, choosing to come off the bench behind all Americans for two years. However, I don’t think Betts will be anything as good as Cardoso.

Reaction Score
I think Cardozo needed a change of scenery, as did others on that Syracuse team. I think her biggest adjustment was attitude, and Dawn is taking care of this, still a work in progress. It’ll be interesting to see her next year once Boston is gone.
You’re not wrong. Syracuse was a poisonous atmosphere and she picked up some bad habits.

I expect next year Cardoso will be the consensus best center in the nation. And Betts will be in the top five.

Reaction Score
As a freshman, Cardosa was ACC freshman of the year. She ran the court much better than Betts does. She had a tendency to play out of control at times, but has improved under Dawn’s tutelage.

I know I shouldn’t judge a player off of one game but Betts was totally intimidated in her McDonalds All Star game by bangers from the East. Tara has to get her ready for war under the boards

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Cardosa had a monster freshman year: Starting 23 of 24 games, second in scoring, second in rebounds, first in blocked shots and shooting percentage.
Transferring to a crowded SC team all her numbers plummeted especially her minutes wi=hich went from 23 to 13. This year they have moved up substantially but have yet to match her freshman year mostly because of competition for minutes.

Betts also came into a crowded team with lots of competition for minutes - her minutes are similar to what Cardosa got at as a Sophomore her first year at SC and so are her stats. With Belibi and Prectel seniors , maybe more minutes will be available to her next year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I expected Lauren Betts to be Freshman of the Year. Whatever happened to her?
I have a different take on Betts than a previous poster. She was very efficient in limited minutes. She just had a hard time finding playing time due to Stanford's depth. I imagine next year will be a different story.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I think I'd fall in the middle camp. Has she underwhelmed for a #1 recruit? A bit, yes. Does she need to work on fitness, speed, and physicality in the paint? For sure. But she has a remarkably soft touch for someone her size, and she's also really physically aware of where she is, which means she's not generally very foul prone, and pretty good at drawing fouls. And as others have said, she's got four McD's A-As ahead of her competing for time at the post.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I expected Lauren Betts to be Freshman of the Year. Whatever happened to her?
She was ranked #1 on potential plus already having skills, not on being ready to play ahead of Stanford's experienced and talented posts from day 1. She's improved a ton over the course of the season and is getting serious playing time now. She still needs to grow into her frame, improve her conditioning, and work on various things, particularly defense. She'll have a great career before she's done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom