Stanford/Baylor [merged thread] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Stanford/Baylor [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Waiting for Mulkey to come out for interview. Announcer assuming a hamstring injury
Figured it had to be something for Simms. No way Stanford wins if she's playing, at least I don't think so. Still great win for Stanford.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Three point shooting is a key - Cardinal 50%, Bears 14%

In the 2012 Final Four, Stanford played great defense against Baylor but shot 2 for 17 on three-pointers. Different story today.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Only six Bears with double-digit minutes, only 7 for the Cardinal.

Cardinal with only 4 minutes for players not in top 7, Bears with 3 for players not in top 7.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not likely. Hard to jump up three spots without a loss of the two other teams ahead of you, and with Baylor missing their AA point guard.

Stanford will definitely move up to two. They will jump Duke without a doubt. They also have wrapped up the #1 seed in the Spokane Region already. The only one left up for grabs is Norfolk.

Reaction Score
Most likely Stanford will end up #1 with UConn still #2.
Would dropping Baylor more than 1 be fair, with Sims out? But if yes, after that showing I wouldn't quibble with Stanford at 1.

Reaction Score
With or without Simms great ST victory over Baylor!!! Also shows the difference of our depth and Baylor's!
There goes Baylor streak! Ranking of #1 Props to ST,Tara etal and ST is better than I thought they were
Also props to W for getting straming link No sound not greatest pic but great game! Great game to watch

Shame on whoever for this game not being on National TV
Ira

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That counts as a Stanford home game?
Crap....I forgot where the game was played....lol.

Never mind....

th

Reaction Score
Figured it had to be something for Simms. No way Stanford wins if she's playing, at least I don't think so. Still great win for Stanford.

You're probably right. Hard to disagree. Simms is a very very good player. Can never replace a 1st team AA. However, if Simms plays then does Madden still score 16pts 6asts 0TO? Just food for thought.

U

UCONNfan1

Stanford would not only have to leapfrog UCONN, but Duke also. The chances are somewhere between slim and none that it happens that way. Honestly, a 2 point win when the starting PG for Baylor goes down with an injury after 4 minutes - I'd say Baylor slides to #2. UCONN, Baylor, Duke, Stanford. Just like before the win. We will see but hard to make a real argument to move the rankings any other way...

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Would dropping Baylor more than 1 be fair, with Sims out? But if yes, after that showing I wouldn't quibble with Stanford at 1.

Interesting point, so one possibility is Stanford, Baylor, UConn, but it might be hard to argue how UConn started out 2 and ended 3 without screwing up, assuming they don't.

By the way, aren't we on borrowed time? I didn't think we were allowed to talk this much about a non-UConn team that doesn't wear orange. Maybe Orrange gives us dispensation?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor was essentially playing without two players that are expected to be major contributors this year in Sims and Prince, which were to be their best 3 point threats. Prince simply isn't ready to play high level ball. I have said that before Sims makes a 30 point difference in a game. She will give you 20 points and takes away at least 10 points away from opponents with her defense. With her in Baylor wins by 20+, IMO.

However, having said that, Baylor does not look like the best team in the nation. There were 5 seniors available and the team just doesn't look nearly as good as last year. I think dropping to 4 would be great motivation.

Let the new UCONN streak begin.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Stanford would not only have to leapfrog UCONN, but Duke also. The chances are somewhere between slim and none that it happens that way. Honestly, a 2 point win when the starting PG for Baylor goes down with an injury after 4 minutes - I'd say Baylor slides to #2. UCONN, Baylor, Duke, Stanford. Just like before the win. We will see but hard to make a real argument to move the rankings any other way...

That seems hard to believe. If they had lost, you could argue they were expected to lose and shouldn't move down, but they would.

However, if you are #4, beat the number #1 team in the country and don't move a spot....??? Hard to imagine.

Reaction Score
OK, Say a beer at the Civic, ooops XL center at the half of the Baylor game!

Reaction Score
My guess (assuming Duke and UConn win this weekend) is UConn, Baylor, Stanford, Duke. Impressive enough win to leapfrog Duke, but not impressive enough to leapfrog Baylor, especially considering the absence of Simms. Stanford gets rewarded for the win, but Baylor isn't penalized much for the loss.

Now, if UConn loses to aTm, THAT might shake things up a little bit more. Duke is playing some cupcakes so even impressive wins may not be enough to stay #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom