Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Weed should have been legalized decades ago. Around the same time that prohibition ended as a matter of fact.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Weed should have been legalized decades ago. Around the same time that prohibition ended as a matter of fact.
Did people smoke weed in the 1930s?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Somebody watch this for me??

I can’t help but think Tennessee practiced defense on 3’s?? They knew Stanford was going to do this?? Or am i hearing her wrong.

Also—Tennessee has been living on the edge with some close games. Seems this one just got them.

Reaction Score
Did people smoke weed in the 1930s?

Enough to generate this warning:

1545187813382.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
OK, she still would have been underage to it if it was legalized. Add in the fact the scholarship contracts specifically states what is a violation, she’s a dope! :rolleyes:

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Lacie Hull having a nice game also, 14 points 4-5 behind the arc. I haven't heard anything about Lexie returning, she only played in 3 games before being injured.
I think Lexie and Marta are both expected back soon, after Christmas. Not sure what's up with Anna Wilson. She was back and played briefly against Baylor, but was in sweats today.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="I can’t help but think Tennessee practiced defense on 3’s?? They knew Stanford was going to do this?? Or am i hearing her wrong. [/QUOTE]

Vols practicing defense? This is a Holly team. They don’t need no stinking defense.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I know Coach Summit is turning in her grave. Coach Holly Warwick is horrible. It was so many ill-advised shots thrown up, and missed it was a shame. Evina Westbrook said her favorite NBA player is Russel Westbrook, and at times Evina Westbrook reminded me of him (not in a good way).

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I know Coach Summit is turning in her grave. Coach Holly Warwick is horrible. It was so many ill-advised shots thrown up, and missed it was a shame. Evina Westbrook said her favorite NBA player is Russel Westbrook, and at times Evina Westbrook reminded me of him (not in a good way).

Evina Westbrook is star in the making and one of the best point guards in the game.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="I can’t help but think Tennessee practiced defense on 3’s?? They knew Stanford was going to do this?? Or am i hearing her wrong.

Vols practicing defense? This is a Holly team. They don’t need no stinking defense.[/QUOTE]

Holly may have her shortcomings, but defensive coaching is not one of them. She's had some very good defensive teams, but the offense wasn't there. She will get this team where they need to be defensively. She's playing several freshmen and sometime 3 are on the court together. Even Kara Lawson stated that defense didn't really kick in for her until her sophomore season because the schemes are complex. Kara played for Pat.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I don't know if that can be described as a great defensive effort, but Stanford's offense carried the day, and the 3-point shooting was far and away the decisive factor. If a team can hit 14 of 24 from 3, they can beat just about anybody.

This! They were simply on fiyah!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
You know it’s bad for Tennessee when people are saying they played well after losing by 10 at home and gave up 95 Points. How the mighty have fallen. Granted Stanford is a really good team but it’s not like Tennessee doesn’t have really good talent on their team.

They are on the climb back up. Most fans just recognize that these are primarily sophomores and freshmen. Most of the top teams have top juniors and seniors. TENNESSEE has 1 senior and 1 junior surrounded by a ton of youngsters. There's alot of hope for this year's team, but plenty of expectation for next year's team.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

Should have never been illegal in the first place. Meantime, the pharmaceutical companies are pushing opioids. Now which one does more damage? the one worth the most money to big corporations

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
HaHa but on a serious note I think they will be a guard dominant team going forward especially next year. The posts they’re bringing in are VERY RAW!

Don't forget about Kasi. She should be back anchoring the post in time for conference play. Green is not a center and is out of position right now.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
"Only jazz musicians were smoking marijuana"

Interesting fact... did you ever think about why Scooby Doo and Shaggy were always munching and hanging out in an old smokey van? Yep...they had the weed munchies.

Reaction Score
Yes. She's also Holly's signature recruit. Many fans believe Evina will be for TN/Holly what Diggins was for Muffet/ND. She's potentially a program changer.

Great I hope she flourishes for the Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Don't forget about Kasi. She should be back anchoring the post in time for conference play. Green is not a center and is out of position right now.

She desperately needs to get in shape! I understand she’s returning from knee injury but even at the start of the season she seemed two steps slower than everyone else. Just my observation...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I went through the last 10 years of the schedule and could not find a game where the lady vols gave up 95 points at home. They won 101 to 99 in OT last year to Marquette in Cancun. Last night might have been a record.

(corrected original post from a loss to a win of 101-99)

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
UConn had an Aussie (Jessica McCormack) on bench waiting out her transfer year from the other Huskies from Washington. She never came back after the year was over.

I broke that story, then followed her career back to NZed and Australia until a year or two later, she disappeared, never to be heard from again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom