Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18 | The Boneyard

Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tara is the better coach, but I'm going with the Lady Vols as the home team. Now if Tara had a couple of weeks to prepare like she did with Baylor, I would have picked Stanford. The other concern I have with Stanford is their Free Throw shooting. For the season their FT Shooting % is 64% and their opponents shoot 74% Stanford's poor FT Shooting kept Baylor in the game.

Reaction Score
I guess I should have waited for the new AP rankings. Stanford is #8 now, ranked higher than Tennessee.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This season it seems, every time a team upsets a top ranked team, they follow that up with a "stinker". I think Stanford will follow suit. TN will win at home.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This season it seems, every time a team upsets a top ranked team, they follow that up with a "stinker". I think Stanford will follow suit. TN will win at home.
I guess our win over St. Louis was a "stinker"? :)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Stanford simply because I think Tara is the better coach and I think that’ll be the difference.
Wow, you have really gone out on a limb with this statement. I am flabbergasted and am not sure how to respond but I will give it the ole college try (pun intended). Is the fact that Tara has appeared in 4 finals, winning 2, been to 11 Final Fours, 6 Elite 8s, 6 Sweet 16's, coached an Olympic Gold Medal team, has the second most wins of all times and broken 2 UConn winning streaks? Or is it because Holly has taken countless McDonald's All-Americans in her 6 years (10?) and has exactly 0 collegiate All-Americans or is it her 3 Elite 8s, 1 sweet 16 appearance and NO SEC automatic bids? :cool:

I need to edit it and give "Irish Tiger" an assist for setting me for some good ole Holly bashing...it never gets old. Plus I have to live up to my word in my moniker..."Snark"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, you have really gone out on a limb with this statement. I am flabbergasted and am not sure how to respond but I will give it the ole college try (pun intended). Is the fact that Tara has appeared in 4 finals, winning 2, been to 11 Final Fours, 6 Elite 8s, 6 Sweet 16's, coached an Olympic Gold Medal team, has the second most wins of all times and broken 2 UConn winning streaks? Or is it because Holly has taken countless McDonald's All-Americans in her 6 years (10?) and has exactly 0 collegiate All-Americans or is it her 3 Elite 8s, 1 sweet 16 appearance and NO SEC automatic bids? :cool:
Both.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score

Not true, Tennessee won the tournament in 2014 over Kentucky. They also won it in 2012 in Holly's defacto first year (Pat's last season.)

Holly is also 3-3 against Tara, and is on a two game winning streak. However, I think Stanford will win tomorrow.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Not true, Tennessee won the tournament in 2014 over Kentucky. They also won it in 2012 in Holly's defacto first year (Pat's last season.)

Holly is also 3-3 against Tara, and is on a two game winning streak. However, I think Stanford will win tomorrow.
We're both wrong. Holly won the season SEC titles in '12 and '14 but didn't win the tourney either year. she won the tourney in 2013.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Let's reset-Pat was listed as Coach in 2012 and the title is listed as hers. I never argued about '12. Holly won the regular season in 2013 and '15 but lost the title to A&M and SC respectively. She won over Kentucky in 2013.

But yeah, she's a really good coach...NOT! here's a link to VolNation for you to get their vibe on her...
Tennessee Lady Vols

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

I need to edit it and give "Irish Tiger" an assist for setting me for some good ole Holly bashing...it never gets old. Plus I have to live up to my word in my moniker..."Snark"

Tara is the more accomplished coach, but Holly has the most recent win against Stanford and the game was at Stanford.

To date, Holly has graduated the following players and these are the ones that were Holly's recruits.

Mercedes Russell - after several foot surgeries (issues not known about prior to college), she garnered AA Honorable Mention and secured a spot in the WNBA. Considering her physical ailments, I think her talent was maximized.

Jordan Reynolds - prior to college, she wasn't projected to be an AA. She was projected to be a role player.

Jannah Tucker - horrible personal experience that she never fully recovered from.

Jaime Nared - first team All SEC and AA Honorable Mention and secured a spot in the WNBA.

Kortney Dunbar - was not expected to be an AA and is furthering her career as a coach at Vandy.

Diamond Deshields transferred in and was still having major leg issues while at TN.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Let's reset-Pat was listed as Coach in 2012 and the title is listed as hers. I never argued about '12. Holly won the regular season in 2013 and '15 but lost the title to A&M and SC respectively. She won over Kentucky in 2013.

But yeah, she's a really good coach...NOT! here's a link to VolNation for you to get their vibe on her...
Tennessee Lady Vols

Did you not look at the link I posted? It shows you every SEC tournament championship. Tennessee won in 2014 over Kentucky.

I don't need to look at Volnation. I post there.

If you're going to be snarky, at least be factual.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
@#!@#%$%^&%%! I was hoping my week free trial of the PAC12 would allow me to see this game tonight. Does the SEC Network offer a free trial?

Reaction Score
Tennessee, they have better personnel and they are at home. Stanford has superior coaching and I believe game will be close, Tennessee less than 10 points difference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
@#!@#%$%^&%%! I was hoping my week free trial of the PAC12 would allow me to see this game tonight. Does the SEC Network offer a free trial?
Who are you using for your one-week free trial? If it's Fubo, the answer's no. SECN is part of the ESPN family of networks. You can get it on Sling TV and YouTube TV (which I believe also offer free one-week trials).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom