Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What are the odds of an Australian player playing on the East Coast? The flight is long enough as it is. However, I do agree Geno needs to expand his recruiting base to both Europe and Australia. I

Uconn needs to open up recruiting to Australia. I am sure you would have taken a Smith or a Wallace/Baylor. There are many more down under with real good skill sets.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's is ridiculously long and they are extremely athletic, haven't seen a team with the that kind of speed or hops this year, not saying the most skilled by any means and their coach is.....a very nice person...I can't even imagine what Geno could do with that roster..

Yes, but this is not Track & Field. :D

Reaction Score
Told my wife I was watching the Stanford game tonight. She asked if that was considered cheating on our UConn girls. Hope they don’t find out I was watching. Nice back to back wins for Stanford

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What are the odds of an Australian player playing on the East Coast? The flight is long enough as it is. However, I do agree Geno needs to expand his recruiting base to both Europe and Australia. I
Andrew Gaze-Seton Hall, late 80's....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Duke has a freshman from Australia. Also had one in the mid 2000's Jessica Foley. Not sure if you call North Carolina east coast.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am not sure that I want to say this but...I was actually fairly impressed by Tenn tonight. The kept battling and tried even with Stanford shooting an unconscious 58% from 3 pt land. They might just be the second best team in the SEC. Not sure about what Kentucky is yet but Tenn is in the mix.
I was actually thinking that they look better now than they have in at least 3-4 years. I know that's not saying a lot, but maybe that's part of Holly's master plan. Drag expectations down to rock bottom and then come out smelling like a rose...

Reaction Score
Tenn just jacks up them 3's...anywhere close the net. Some may actually go in if banks are open. By the way does Carolyn Peck like Reinna Davis?

Reaction Score
Before we get carried away with "Tennessee's talent" (I feel like I've seen this movie before?), let's take a quick review of their schedule:
Their 2 most impressive wins are at Oklahoma State (who has beaten exactly NO ONE) and a vastly overrated Texas squad whose coach may be more offensively challenged than Holly. Color me cynical but tonight's game will go a long way to seeing if the balloon pops or if this squad is legit.
I heard a pop.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know if that can be described as a great defensive effort, but Stanford's offense carried the day, and the 3-point shooting was far and away the decisive factor. If a team can hit 14 of 24 from 3, they can beat just about anybody.

Reaction Score
Yes, but this is not Track & Field. :D

no but if you watch their half court offense you know they need to score off the fast break to win games.................Stanford just made too many threes in this one................great away win for them...........

Reaction Score
UConn had an Aussie (Jessica McCormack) on bench waiting out her transfer year from the other Huskies from Washington. She never came back after the year was over.

Reaction Score
I heard a pop.

exactly...................are they going to just start a new long winning streak or become just a top four team in SEC play.............even after this loss I sense they are a more formidable team then in the past few years.............

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Uconn needs to open up recruiting to Australia. I am sure you would have taken a Smith or a Wallace/Baylor. There are many more down under with real good skill sets.

Some of us call our Aussie Lady Sansa

ChloeBibby_71.jpg

Reaction Score
I know height can be overrated but it's amazing to me that Tennessee only has one player under six feet tall..............one 6'4", four 6'3", one 6'2", one 6'1" the rest 6'0"

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You know it’s bad for Tennessee when people are saying they played well after losing by 10 at home and gave up 95 Points. How the mighty have fallen. Granted Stanford is a really good team but it’s not like Tennessee doesn’t have really good talent on their team.

Reaction Score
If Tennessee still had Anesthesia Hayes to pair with Westbrook that all sophomore backcourt would be awesome. What happen with that? Why did she end up transferring??

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
If Tennessee still had Anesthesia Hayes to pair with Westbrook that all sophomore backcourt would be awesome. What happen with that? Why did she end up transferring??

Anesthesia? LOL!!

Anastasia was dismissed from the team for rules violation.

Reaction Score
Failed a couple drug tests from what I’ve heard. Shocked more players around the country haven’t been caught for smoking weed. I’ve heard of some high caliber players who aren’t afraid to light it up

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anesthesia? LOL!!

Anastasia was dismissed from the team for rules violation.

I saw that too, was wondering whether it was intentional or not? :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She is at Middle TN State along with Rellah Boothe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom