Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford (11) @ Tennessee (9) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I handicap this game as I did the Texas game.... I would not be surprised if either team won.

I do not see either team as a prohibitive favorite

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
Hey, I'm rooting for Stanford. Last year they started slow (really slow, the first 10 games should have been erased from history books), but righted the ship. This year, they are standing on solid ground, so I expect a competitive game. TN has the horses and it's in TBA, so that's an extra hump to get to over.
Historically, Stanford has NOT won games against TN, when they should have (you can say same for ND and TX), but they have a bit more edge and hunger this year. Stanford by 12.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
@#!@#%$%^&%%! I was hoping my week free trial of the PAC12 would allow me to see this game tonight. Does the SEC Network offer a free trial?
Change the location of your VPN to somewhere in Europe then try Youtube.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Change the location of your VPN to somewhere in Europe then try Youtube.
I tried looking up how to do that but I am better at putting charts and analysis together than I am at the finer points of technology...Head bang

Reaction Score
Tennessee has show a lot of resiliency this season.............they have exceptional athletes and will win many games on sheer athleticism............if they shoot decently I'd have to give them the edge at home................that said I never count Tara out............Stanford clearly wins on the coaching front but is that enough?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Tennessee has show a lot of resiliency this season...they have exceptional athletes and will win many games on sheer athleticism..if they shoot decently I'd have to give them the edge at home......that said I never count Tara out..Stanford clearly wins on the coaching front but is that enough?
YES!!!! Actually, Stanford has some pretty good athletes too as Tara has garnered her fair share of McD's AAs as well. The real question is will Marta Sniezek play?

Reaction Score
Tennessee, they have better personnel and they are at home. Stanford has superior coaching and I believe game will be close, Tennessee less than 10 points difference.
Am on board with Massey's Most Likely, Stanford 77-71Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I HOPE Kasi Is back tonight. Her big body inside will alter the game.

Reaction Score
YES!!!! Actually, Stanford has some pretty good athletes too as Tara has garnered her fair share of McD's AAs as well. The real question is will Marta Sniezek play?

Tennessee's is ridiculously long and they are extremely athletic, haven't seen a team with the that kind of speed or hops this year, not saying the most skilled by any means and their coach is....................a very nice person.............I can't even imagine what Geno could do with that roster............

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tennessee's is ridiculously long and they are extremely athletic, haven't seen a team with the that kind of speed or hops this year, not saying the most skilled by any means and their coach is.....a very nice person...I can't even imagine what Geno could do with that roster..
Just wondering: How many of Tennessee's current players were ever targeted by UConn in recruiting? I suspect few, if any. And it's not about their physical abilities.

Reaction Score
Just wondering: How many of Tennessee's current players were ever targeted by UConn in recruiting? I suspect few, if any. And it's not about their physical abilities.

I have a feeling you're right................I still think Geno could do wonders with some of those players like Reenia Davis who is immensely talented but so inconsistent...........

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Before we get carried away with "Tennessee's talent" (I feel like I've seen this movie before?), let's take a quick review of their schedule:
Their 2 most impressive wins are at Oklahoma State (who has beaten exactly NO ONE) and a vastly overrated Texas squad whose coach may be more offensively challenged than Holly. Color me cynical but tonight's game will go a long way to seeing if the balloon pops or if this squad is legit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford draws first blood, hitting three 3s.

Four of Tennessee's 5 points have come on a fast break and an O-board.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
13-5 music to my ears! Go Cardinal

Reaction Score
Stanford is fun to watch

Only complaint is they are turning it over a bit

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
This is even more entertaining by having the VolNation game thread up on another screen...:D 20-12 Cardinal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom