Staley A Match For Trailblazers? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Staley A Match For Trailblazers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every single game in the FF was ugly-which plays right into her hands.

I said it before and I'll say it again, every team in the WFF this year would've lost to the last ten National Champions by at least 20 points. This past year was the most down year WBB game has seen in years.
So that logically points that she won’t be a contender for a championship because she likes to play ugly?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So that logically points that she won’t be a contender for a championship because she likes to play ugly?
I wouldn’t take too much offense at bart’s comment. For years, Rutgers lived in the top 10 because C Vivian Stringer played a frustrating defense that forced opponents to win ugly. Even in UConn’s best years it would win games 58-52 against Rutgers. Winning ugly was their game plan, a darned effective one.

In the old days, it was physically painful to watch Rutgers play the slow-‘em-down Villanova teams. Scores would be like 42-38.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Every single game in the FF was ugly-which plays right into her hands.

I said it before and I'll say it again, every team in the WFF this year would've lost to the last ten National Champions by at least 20 points. This past year was the most down year WBB game has seen in years.
The last ten National Champions didn't have to put up with all of the headaches that the athletes went through this year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Nah, he never blamed the ball… he just questioned their intelligence multiple times over the years in pressers… and I’m being generous calling it that. It was actually worse.

Geno is great without y’all pretending he is a saint.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nah, he never blamed the ball… he just questioned their intelligence multiple times over the years in pressers… and I’m being generous calling it that. It was actually worse.

Geno is great without y’all pretending he is a saint.
:eek: Geno is no saint!
1623703554796.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How is this ego? its also no different coachspeak than a hundred other coaches. Coach G used to refer to the UConn players by their jersey numbers and no one ever accused her of having an ego.

complaining about the ball was a dopey comment on Dawn’s part, spoken off the cuff after a tough loss. Want me to point out one of Geno’s dopey comments after a loss? How about the temper tantrum towards the Daily Campus reporter, tearing her apart in front of the national press? We can forgive Geno’s very human reactions to a loss but the woman is held to a higher standard?

Last edited:

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
But this actually proves nothing. If I had a guess, this was done by the athletic department and not a mandate by Staley. Unless you have proof that Staley wanted that banner up, I'm still waiting for evidence that she has a big ego. I am not saying she doesn't - I really don't know. She doesn't strike me as someone who has a big ego, but again, I don't know her.

Reaction Score
She strikes me as a HOFer with the same attitude that most greats have and need to stay on top of their profession. She is a great and deserves more respect than some people are giving her. I’m sure her peers know and understand her. There are reasons she is where she is and reasons she is the topic on this thread. She isn’t too much different than our beloved GA. Now he is a cocky bastard (in a good way) lol

Reaction Score
As a non-Connecticut fan who also has the benefit of following collegiate football as well as basketball programs, I find it rather silly to be having debates regarding the egos of head coaches. If you've been a competitive person in a competitive field for much if not most of your life - as a player then as a coach - and you've also had substantial success in that field, then you WILL have an ego. And even a rather sizable one at that.

Players and/or head coaches to dictate and lead in successful programs in competitive play are going to feel they know how to get it done, and will defend and support themselves in those regards. They will want to have the final say in how its accomplished. And while those characterizations may not be the "prettiest", they certainly are NOT proven to being wrong in their positions by the success they achieve.

Lets take a break from castigating Dawn Staley for having an ego, and spend some time finding a highly successful coach or player who does NOT have a huge ego. I won't be done......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But this actually proves nothing. If I had a guess, this was done by the athletic department and not a mandate by Staley. Unless you have proof that Staley wanted that banner up, I'm still waiting for evidence that she has a big ego. I am not saying she doesn't - I really don't know. She doesn't strike me as someone who has a big ego, but again, I don't know her.
That was exactly my point. This is the BY a UCONN fan forum stop asking for concrete things like "proof".
You are not going to "universal" love for Dawn on a UCONN board because Dawn actually built a program that can compete with UCONN on the court and for top recruits. :eek: Dawn should have just stayed at Temple and made a career out of that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lets take a break from castigating Dawn Staley for having an ego, and spend some time finding a highly successful coach or player who does NOT have a huge ego. I won't be done......
Try using google.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
That was exactly my point. This is the BY a UCONN fan forum stop asking for concrete things like "proof".
You are not going to "universal" love for Dawn on a UCONN board because Dawn actually built a program that can compete with UCONN on the court and for top recruits. :eek: Dawn should have just stayed at Temple and made a career out of that.
I don't care if people like Dawn Staley or not. But when I see an baseless claim, you better believe I'll push back and ask what the source is. And if it is just "Because I think so" then so be it. But I am just curious how some people think she has a big ego.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't care if people like Dawn Staley or not. But when I see an baseless claim, you better believe I'll push back and ask what the source is. And if it is just "Because I think so" then so be it. But I am just curious how some people think she has a big ego.

"You come at the King, best not miss"- Omar Little. "When trying to dethrone a dynasty a healthy ego is required- @CocoHusky

1623761899105.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Excellent use of the "tongue in cheek" reasoning, says a Domer fan who knows something about how opposition coaches are viewed on opponents' boards :eek: ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69