St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What’s the relationship between Hurley and Pitino.
The handshake between the two seemed pretty cold. They walked briskly by the other, gave a quick handshake and kept moving on. There’s usually a short chat with shoulder slapping before head coaches move on down the line.
Any personal animosity between the two or just each’s fiery competitiveness, especially Pitino since he was on the losing end ?
I just got the sense that Pitino thought he had a plan to win the game, and he wasn't happy that it didn't work.

Last March, a lot of people here were concerned that Pitino would put together a plan that would work.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just put him on ignore. You won't miss anything meaningful.
When I sometimes log out just to check a thread where the continuity seems disrupted, I regularly read his posts and imagine that he probably didn't like the way I'd criticized them in the past and therefore put me on Ignore. He probably made a good choice if he wants to project negative confidence without encountering an opposing point of view.

I really don't miss anything meaningful, and others do more than enough to push back without me wishing I could join in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Other than Clingan, we are getting muscled off our spots, and bumped off our cuts,
So, you are saying they're chucking our cutters?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A bit stale, but I hadn't seen anyone post about the pre-game intros. They started with a St. John's guy and the crowd of course followed with "Sucks!" They announce Nahiem Alleyne who got nice applause, then the crowd went back to "Sucks!" for the rest of 'em.

Reaction Score
I just got the sense that Pitino thought he had a plan to win the game, and he wasn't happy that it didn't work.

Last March, a lot of people here were concerned that Pitino would put together a plan that would work.

Still laughing that Hurley said people were making Pitino out to be the Boogeyman in last year’s tournament when we played him

Reaction Score
What’s the relationship between Hurley and Pitino.
The handshake between the two seemed pretty cold. They walked briskly by the other, gave a quick handshake and kept moving on. There’s usually a short chat with shoulder slapping before head coaches move on down the line.
Any personal animosity between the two or just each’s fiery competitiveness, especially Pitino since he was on the losing end ?
Not sure..... but it was widely reported after we beat Iona in the NCAA first round last season that in the hallway after the game, Pitino told Dan Hurley: "Win it all. Take it home. You’ve got the team to do it.”

Reaction Score
Pitino is fighting to get his team on the right side of the bubble and was really close to getting a top 5 road win. He lost a tight game that was very physical where the second half officiating was a 180 from the first half officiating, not in favor of his guys. He was mad about it. That's probably all there is to it

Reaction Score
Pitino for all the negative is a great recruiter and coach.

Reactions: MJ1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom