St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
You’ll take a conference win every time, no matter how ugly they are. That’s the most important thing to come out of today.

But (and I hate to have a but) there are just so many concerning patterns that can’t be overlooked. They are way too careless with the ball, can’t seem to break away from bad teams consistently, and continue to make things way too hard on themselves.

Reaction Score
Great defensive stops. Huge win at MSG.. Actually had a few lucky bounces our way today for once .Mojo going into game vs Hall next week. Whaley was awesome on D/blocks today.

Got to spend more time in the layup lines before games!LOL -- Next

Reaction Score
Question. Is it me or are both of these teams today lousy? I know it’s a road win and we take it.
They both looked way worse than Nova Seton Hall yesterday but St. John's makes you play ugly. Wouldn't take anything away from it.

We're the worst layup shooting team I've seen in the country though which makes things look ugly. I don't understand it but it definitely needs to be fixed, it makes every game difficult to pull away in.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what we do in practice, but happy to get a win after a trying week.

Need to continue to build depth and cut down on the turnovers.

Reaction Score
They needed to gut out that win and credit to them that they did but that was just brutally hard to watch. How many layups did they miss?

Reaction Score
Post game mentioning Johnnies not having a time out on the last play. There was a big defensive play by Jackson I believe earlier in the 2nd half where he trapped a guy under their basket and dude had to call a timeout. Turned out to be a pretty big wasted timeout in the end

Reaction Score
They needed to gut out that win and credit to them that they did but that was just brutally hard to watch. How many layups did they miss?
At least 20. Thats a guess but it felt like it.

Reaction Score
Plenty of people don't agree with mine. But I think most would agree while my takes aren't always right, I don't have a room temperature IQ.
Your IQ lacking a lot lately but I’ll digress and move onward Troll …

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was brutal but it's still a win. The amount of layups missed is unconscionable, make your layups and we win that game by 15.

Hurley, please don't use the don't foul at the end of game strategy, it worked out there but I hate it. It's one thing that drove me nuts about Calhoun.

Most coaches don’t foul there. I don’t know why. In our case I do worry about inbounding the ball and that could factor into it. Our 3 point D was stellar and they don’t have many real threats from deep. Much harder against a team with several shooters.

Road win in conference is always a big win. Happy with this one.

Reaction Score
Are we really going to kill Hurley for not fouling up 3? That’s not the universal correct move.
No, there was too much time left. Foul at 10 seconds, they make 2 , they foul us we miss one the have ball with 8 seconds left down 2, instead of down 3 with 12 seconds
You don't foul them on the inbounds but we had multiple opportunities to foul them at 6 seconds or less. It worked out but I never liked the no fouling strategy, I hate it with the three point shooting ability of today's players.

Reaction Score
What was the offensive foul call on Sanogo with around 3 minutes left? Replay wasn't a great angle, but I saw nothing close to a foul
Looked like a terrible call, also thought Whaley was raked on the arm on the passing turnover but Cole also got away with the turnover at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom