St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
BY: “Sool looks miserable on the bench and in the huddle”
Sool:
The one time I saw akok on the bench everyone was standing and cheering and he looked miserable…..could be nothing but stuck out to me

Reaction Score
Jackson with the crazy statline only he's capable of. 5 points on 2/3 fg, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 turnovers.

Sanogo was brutal today, he needs to stop taking himself out of games with the fouling.

Tyrese and Whaley bailed us out.

Reaction Score
Gutted it out when we didn’t have our A game. Thought we might going to run out of gas having just played Friday thankfully we didn’t. Great shooting from Martin although it kills me how he can’t finish a layup if anyone is within a foot of him. What’s peoples take on when Jackson was all alone under the hoop and passed it out to cole for 3? I know cole was open but I feel like you have to take the two points there and just finish. Gave me a Ben Simmons vibe

Reaction Score
Are we really going to kill Hurley for not fouling up 3? That’s not the universal correct move.
That's pretty much the only thing I won't second guess. If everyone recalls, Calhoun would've never fouled in that situation either.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What’s peoples take on when Jackson was all alone under the hoop and passed it out to cole for 3? I know cole was open but I feel like you have to take the two points there and just finish. Gave me a Ben Simmons vibe
Dumbfounded. No one within 4 feet of him. Have to dunk it.

Reaction Score
Gutted it out when we didn’t have our A game. Thought we might going to run out of gas having just played Friday thankfully we didn’t. Great shooting from Martin although it kills me how he can’t finish a layup if anyone is within a foot of him. What’s peoples take on when Jackson was all alone under the hoop and passed it out to cole for 3? I know cole was open but I feel like you have to take the two points there and just finish. Gave me a Ben Simmons vibe
Jackson had an open dunk there and in the first half he had a wide open baseline for a dunk and turned it down. He drives us nuts sometimes and is a work in progress but brings a lot more good to the table than bad.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’ll always take a road win but the bonehead plays/turnovers remain incredibly frustrating.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No wins in the BE are meaningless
I see you weren't in this thread pre-game.

joke-i-dont-get-it.gif

Reaction Score
You’ll take a conference win every time, no matter how ugly they are. That’s the most important thing to come out of today.

But (and I hate to have a but) there are just so many concerning patterns that can’t be overlooked. They are way too careless with the ball, can’t seem to break away from bad teams consistently, and continue to make things way too hard on themselves.
This is the team playing 4-D chess. You’re playing checkers.

They are deliberately playing like this on purpose so they can bump up their wins in games decided by less than five points stat. They noted that was a huge concern by the Boneyard experts and are starting to make it right.

Reaction Score
Stat line for Hawkins looks eh, but saw some improved toughness. Played good D when #23 switched to his left hand miracle shot, missed put back layup but was boxing his guy out well, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks. Like to seem him round out instead of just camping outside

Reaction Score
Jackson had an open dunk there and in the first half he had a wide open baseline for a dunk and turned it down. He drives us nuts sometimes and is a work in progress but brings a lot more good to the table than bad.
That play reminded me a bit of the infamous Ben Simmons play where he refused to dunk the ball. There’s no one else like Andre, really unique player. 16 rebounds as a guard and 3 shot attempts lol.

Reaction Score
On the BY it actually means "So much hate". Everywhere else, shaking my head...lol
Oh ok. Ew on me also. Years ago when BFF was started started told someone at work aaI thought it meant Big Fat Friend. Bad move that girl was fat.

Reaction Score
That play reminded me a bit of the infamous Ben Simmons play where he refused to dunk the ball. There’s no one else like Andre, really unique player. 16 rebounds as a guard and 3 shot attempts lol.

Jackson throwing the ball out to the three point line when he was standing all alone under the basket made me crazy. That and Hawkins missing a lay up with no one around. Oh mann.

Reaction Score
That's pretty much the only thing I won't second guess. If everyone recalls, Calhoun would've never fouled in that situation either.
Totally agree...they couldn’t have defended those last 10 seconds any better....

Reaction Score
100%

Reaction Score
Jackson throwing the ball out to the three point line when he was standing all alone under the basket made me crazy. That and Hawkins missing a lay up with no one around. Oh mann.
At Jaxs brain did not process that fact that me the Lone Ranger in that spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom