St. John's Coaching Rumors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. John's Coaching Rumors

Reaction Score
That would be a bummer since I'd like to see St Johns back on the schedule, but Danny has said he won't schedule Bobby.

He said he wouldn't schedule Bobby with his current roster..

C

Chief00

A dead man could predict KO’s termination. Please link to your predictions of Hurley.
I always get a good laugh out of the casual fans, who say such things in retrospect. At the time, it was thought that UConn couldn’t afford the buyout. Chief knew UConn could do a buyout given the situation and was aware of a discussion in Houston. UConn did informally indicate they would pay $2.5 million but KO refuse - then the for cause scenario played out, which UConn was hoping to avoid and KO foolishly did not try to avoid. KO and his attorney’s overplayed their hands, they should have taken the $2.5 million.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If Mullin couldn’t win with the roster he has this year than he’ll never win. That was a once in a decade talent level he had.

Reaction Score
So, what do the gurus here say about Ian Steere, who UConn recruited and who had an "interesting" high school transfer record before ending up at NC St. in 2018?

He quit the NC St. team after one game last fall and announced he's going to St. John's so he could be in play if Mullin leaves. Four high schools in four years, committed to Creighton and then de-committed and went to NC State. 6'9" and 261 pound, 4 star, rated 140 overall and #18 power forward.

Ian Steere plans to transfer from NC State after 1 game

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I will be shocked if Mullin stays at St. Johns. The team this year was so talented and barely got into the tournament. He is essentially Kevin Ollie without a ring.

If Bobby does come back east, definitely hurts as he can steal recruits from his brother. Unclear how it's not hard to see that. If you don't think he wouldn't be a threat at St. John's, you need a better take.

Why on earth would Bobby consider such a massive downgrade? He has a better job now, and lots of better jobs are open.

Reaction Score
I will be shocked if Mullin stays at St. Johns. The team this year was so talented and barely got into the tournament. He is essentially Kevin Ollie without a ring.

If Bobby does come back east, definitely hurts as he can steal recruits from his brother. Unclear how it's not hard to see that. If you don't think he wouldn't be a threat at St. John's, you need a better take.

Saying someone is like KO without a ring is somewhat ridiculous, no? It implies that anyone could have a ring. It's like saying someone is like Einstein but without the intellect, or like Brooklyn Decker but without the body. What in the world is the point of a statement like that?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Saying someone is like KO without a ring is somewhat ridiculous, no? It implies that anyone could have a ring. It's like saying someone is like Einstein but without the intellect, or like Brooklyn Decker but without the body. What in the world is the point of a statement like that?

I think it’s like saying Blake Bortles is like Trent Dilfer without the ring.

pj

Reaction Score

It's like saying someone is businesslawyer but without the law degree.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Would love the Hurleys to schedule a series in the near future, as long as they are on opposite sides of the continental United States.

But I don't want Dan and Bobby anywhere in the same geographic region or especially coaching two recruiting rival teams.

Reaction Score
St. John's would have to pay ASU $2 million for the buyout. That's equivalent to Mullin's annual salary plus they would have to buy him out too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I always get a good laugh out of the casual fans, who say such things in retrospect. At the time, it was thought that UConn couldn’t afford the buyout. Chief knew UConn could do a buyout given the situation and was aware of a discussion in Houston. UConn did informally indicate they would pay $2.5 million but KO refuse - then the for cause scenario played out, which UConn was hoping to avoid and KO foolishly did not try to avoid. KO and his attorney’s overplayed their hands, they should have taken the $2.5 million.

Ummm they couldnt afford the buy out

Reaction Score
Gag order lifted???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would love the Hurleys to schedule a series in the near future, as long as they are on opposite sides of the continental United States.

But I don't want Dan and Bobby anywhere in the same geographic region or especially coaching two recruiting rival teams.

Thought they were on record as saying they'd never do that. Will only play head to head if they meet in a tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom