Spring Showcase. Saturday, April 22 @ Morrone Stadium @1:30p (Streamed on UConn+) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Spring Showcase. Saturday, April 22 @ Morrone Stadium @1:30p (Streamed on UConn+)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Travis Jones reshaped his body to get ready for his final year, it looks like C. Haynes is attempting to do the same. Great to see.
That 30 seconds he starts rolling naming guys that impressed him as getting better and it was a good list.

Reaction Score
Listening to Haynes speak makes me appreciate how majoring in football is really no different than any other major. The same skills of learning, critical thinking, leadership and communication that you can learn from good professors are taught by good coaches.
With a liberal arts degree it was always, “it’s not about what you know but the process of learning that is valuable.” These guys who double major in football and something else are really getting good life skills.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why when the practice started they had to have the music still playing loud. We had to move to find a spot not under a speaker. It was ridiculous. In that small venue you could have heard the coaches if they let you. Things that stood out were the running backs and the secondary. Cam Edwards ran well and Jalen Mitchell will be a big help. Hunter Clark was on the field a lot and fit right in at this level. With the number of running backs we have it should keep everyone healthier. The lack of deep pass completions is a replay from last year and almost all completions were sideline throws. Have to get the snap issue solved obviously. The additions to our defense of Plack at LB and Bin-Wahad in the secondary really helps replace graduation losses with solid physical players. It looks like we have decent depth on both lines. Murawski had his arm in a sling so he is still unavailable. Stewart looked good at guard. Hoping Coach Mora can get that receiver and LB depth from new additions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Linebacker John Bechtle got hurt, looked like a knee strain.
That must be the one I saw. He was helped off the field walking extremely gingerly. He then came back to the sidelines on a stretcher with a massive ice pack on his knee. It was nice of Mora to pause practice to come over and see how he was doing.

Reaction Score
Yes good to know because while admittedly limited eval he looked like a strong arm. Accurate and quick release.

He had one td throw I was a few ft away and very few qbs on our roster be able to make that throw. Threaded needle with speed and accuracy.
Tucker did not have a throwing TD? Watch the video again. It was the kid from Arizona.

Reaction Score
Tucker did not have a throwing TD? Watch the video again. It was the kid from Arizona.
Oh dang I thought that was him.

Again, it would have been nice if the announcers could have spotlighted players during the game. Not a full call of game but a little bit here and there

Reaction Score
Oh dang I thought that was him.

Again, it would have been nice if the announcers could have spotlighted players during the game. Not a full call of game but a little bit here and there
agree! and I'm not sure how I felt about the mid field interviews. Could of done without to be honest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom