Spring Showcase. Saturday, April 22 @ Morrone Stadium @1:30p (Streamed on UConn+) | The Boneyard

Spring Showcase. Saturday, April 22 @ Morrone Stadium @1:30p (Streamed on UConn+)

Reaction Score
332698167_981097169941923_3292614894852742092_n.jpg

Reaction Score
what's with the "showcase" wording. Is this not a proper blue/white game? is this the direction all of college football is going? are we still not in a position (fan-interest-wise) to put this game in Rentschler?

Reaction Score
what's with the "showcase" wording. Is this not a proper blue/white game? is this the direction all of college football is going? are we still not in a position (fan-interest-wise) to put this game in Rentschler?

Not a game per se. Benedict is saving money.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
A little OT but I didn't realize we have 4 straight Sept home games and then an Oct and Nov. Weird schedule

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not a game per se. Benedict is saving money.
There hasn’t been enough interest to justify the spring game. Maybe if we start packing Marrone for a few years.

Reaction Score
There hasn’t been enough interest to justify the spring game. Maybe if we start packing Marrone for a few years.

They run it wrong. I've been to virtually all of them and they waste the opportunity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They run it wrong. I've been to virtually all of them and they waste the opportunity.
How would you do it?

Reaction Score
How would you do it?

I would do a lot of things differently. I'll give you one example.

This should be a media event. The spring game should be televised (and streamed) even if it's just on a local cable channel. That acts as a "new hook" for the event. If you are familiar with book tours, the signing event is not that important. It's a "news hook" that everything is built around. It gives the author an excuse to go on the morning programs to promote the signing event. If done right the morning shows will sell more books than a signing ever could. For the sping game, the coach goes on both television and radio shows to promote the game (remember they are really promoting the program). The head coach and coordinators split up and appear in different places. The same thing is done with newspapers as the coaches, or perhaps the AD, does "exclusive interviews." There is also a role for a few players especially local players that draw local media like hometown news outlets. The school should flood the zone to create awareness of the event starting a couple of weeks out. This should deliver hours of media and create buzz for the program at a time of year when football would normally be off the radar.

There is much more that could be done. A lot more.

Reaction Score
I would do a lot of things differently. I'll give you one example.

This should be a media event. The spring game should be televised (and streamed) even if it's just on a local cable channel. That acts as a "new hook" for the event. If you are familiar with book tours, the signing event is not that important. It's a "news hook" that everything is built around. It gives the author an excuse to go on the morning programs to promote the signing event. If done right the morning shows will sell more books than a signing ever could. For the sping game, the coach goes on both television and radio shows to promote the game (remember they are really promoting the program). The head coach and coordinators split up and appear in different places. The same thing is done with newspapers as the coaches, or perhaps the AD, does "exclusive interviews." There is also a role for a few players especially local players that draw local media like hometown news outlets. The school should flood the zone to create awareness of the event starting a couple of weeks out. This should deliver hours of media and create buzz for the program at a time of year when football would normally be off the radar.

There is much more that could be done. A lot more.
This is just one example of the emails I've been receiving from Coastal Carolina since we bought the bowl tickets. I've received them for baseball and other sports too. These cost virtually nothing and just may get some people to go to some games:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom