Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seeing his home with its bare walls, and his table set with paper plates and paper towels tells me Nick Charlton has been spending all his waking time designing UConn’s offense.
Inside information!

Reaction Score

-> Mora likes what he's seen during winter workouts and two spring practices. "I love their attitude," Mora said. "I love their work ethic. I love their willingness to do the things we ask them with great energy. I feel like they're really engaged. Just a bunch of guys hungry to get better. That's fun to be around, that's encouraging to be around.

"They get along with each other. They're working hard. They're intent on trying to become a good football team, and that's all you can ask for. A lot of learning is going on. For me, it's a blast. I haven't coached in a few years and I love being back out here with them, so it's great." <-

-> "Your message evolves as you get to know these guys, get to know their personalities, what motivates them, what fears they have or insecurities that they have to help them work through that," Mora said. "Every player is different. "We're going to be terribly demanding of these young men, but we're never going to be demeaning of them. We're going to be highly critical of the performance, but we're going to encourage the performer. Just getting to know them." <-

-> News and notes: Marion, a wide receiver, had a couple nice catches in Tuesday's drills. He fired up his offensive teammates by turning a short catch into a long touchdown with a sprint to the end zone. ... Spring practices are held in the morning, starting with 7 a.m. meetings before taking the field at about 8:30. The players don't mind the early starts. "We've got classes right after," Dixon said, "so we just knock it out really quick, compete really quick and just finish the day off strong in class."… <-

Reaction Score

-> Mora and his staff have a lot to figure out and players are working to prove themselves from a clean slate. The quarterback situation, addressed aggressively in the offseason, will be remain fluid for a while.

Redshirt freshman Tyler Phommachanh, the starter for three games last season before tearing and ACL, is still recovering and only doing drills on the side. Highly-rated true freshman Zion Turner from St. Thomas Aquinas High in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., has yet to arrive. Redshirt sophomore Cale Millen, a transfer from Northern Arizona who previously was at Oregon, has committed but has yet to join the program. Ta’Quan Roberson, a redshirt sophomore who transferred after two years at Penn State, and redshirt junior Steven Krajewski, who played three games last season, are participating in spring ball.

“Every day is competition,” Mora said. “At that position, the earlier you can define how you’re going to work those guys and who is going to be your No. 1 or if you’re going to platoon, which I’ve never been a big fan of, the better it is for your football team. But we’re not going to make a decision until it becomes clear.” <-

Reaction Score
55 is Tres Barboza & 74 is Nikko Pohahau. 87 is Bo Estes. Look liked one set of PLAY; RT Chris
Fortin 67 RG Christian Haynes 64 C Jake Guidone 72 LG Noel Ofori-Nyadu 62 LT (couldn't tell). Another set you saw 55 play inside and 74 playing RT, Some tall guy with 60number plays LT

Isn't this more fun than having a Roster to look at?

Reaction Score
55 is Tres Barboza & 74 is Nikko Pohahau. 87 is Bo Estes. Look liked one set of PLAY; RT Chris
Fortin 67 RG Christian Haynes 64 C Jake Guidone 72 LG Noel Ofori-Nyadu 62 LT (couldn't tell). Another set you saw 55 play inside and 74 playing RT, Some tall guy with 60number plays LT

Isn't this more fun than having a Roster to look at?
I am sure the LT you couldn't tell will be probably be 71 Valentin Senn

Reaction Score

-> Extra points - Defensive end Kevon Jones, a senior from East Hartford, left Thursday’s practice early with what appeared to be a minor injury. … Wide receiver Matt Drayton, who missed all of last season due to injury, did not practice Thursday but was an enthusiastic supporter of his teammates from the sidelines. … Wide receiver Cam Ross, who missed all but two games last season due to injury but who was the team’s leading receiver in 2019, practiced fully Thursday and appears healthy. … Marion made two big catches during a brief scrimmage at the end of Thursday’s practice, including one for a long touchdown and a one-handed grab across the middle. <-

Reaction Score
when Mora hires leave after weeks with UCONN for LSU & Alabama ... you have to say we have a high standard in our football employment.
and
I reserve the right to torment the boneyard posters who say ... say loudly and often ... we are competing with FCS programs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom