Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age! | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age!

Reaction Score
Great read - worth the click…

-> Fourteen practices into UConn football's spring session, John Allen has a good feel for his receiving corps.

There's a lot to like about this pass catching group. "They love to work," said Allen, the team's wide receivers coach/pass game coordinator after Thursday morning's light workout inside the Shenkman Training Center. "I'm excited about their growth over the last four weeks now. They just like to compete.

"They love to learn. Especially with this new system, there's a lot to it. It's a conceptual base, so there's a lot learning. They've done a great job. ... I'm happy about where we're at with this group." <-

-> Aaron Turner, a sophomore wide receiver, appreciates Allen's coaching style. "Spring has been great," Turner said. "I love the new coaches and how they're doing stuff here. Coach Allen, he's been a great coach for us. I'm learning a lot more than I did last year.

"He gives you your own relationship with him. Sometimes a lot of coaches like to favor certain players. But he treats everyone the same. I just love it. ... Coach Allen, he might yell at you, but you can tell when he's yelling that's all love. He's just trying to get you better." <-

-> "We understand who our team is right now," Allen said. "I think we've got a better feel from an evaluation standpoint of each player. I think we'll be able to go into the summer and say, here's our strengths and weaknesses, these are the things that we need to work on, these are the things that we're good at, and we can continue to push and grow.

"I think it's really been great. But we have to keep developing. We had a good spring but we're not where we need to be to play Utah State yet." <-

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Love to hear that, as i mentioned below I'm out of the loop. Is there a projected clear cut starter for QB this year or is it looking like a competititon going into camp? Guy who got hurt early on last year seemed to be pretty solid
Take some time and read through the thousands of posts since last year, and you'll do yourself the favor of catching up on your own. It's all here...and at least 20% might be accurate.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Other than Ric Serritella, none of those SI reporters covering UConn have been very accurate. It's almost like they watch 30 minutes of a practice session and report on who they see, damned the circumstances or groupings.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's been years when it seemed none our receivers could hold on to the ball. Sounds like those days are history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom