Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age! | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone else amazed that this is the first time they had been to the facilities?
No. Because previous regimes didn't boast about the facilities. Gresh was doing an afternoon drive show on WTIC and he hadn't visited the facilities.

Reaction Score
Not only a hard worker but a great student. Like Nick Williams, he was accepted by some Ivy's but wanted to play at this level. Hard work and intelligence is a good combo. Speed and toughness helps too.
At any big state school in the nation you can get an awesome education. It all depends on how much you want to challenge yourself academically.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I bet the staff didn't realize what they had without really seeing Cam last year. I haven't heard much about Matt Drayton, but if he is healthy, he will help as well. One area I am not concerned about is WR.

Reaction Score
No. Because previous regimes didn't boast about the facilities. Gresh was doing an afternoon drive show on WTIC and he hadn't visited the facilities.

Also, when was the last time you got to see three football journalists spend 30 minutes straight talking UConn Football?

I’m used getting 20 seconds of ignorant dismissives telling me how the program should drop to FCS. I hope we make New England Football Journal BFFs.

Reaction Score
Not expecting too too much this season but to be honest i've been out of the loop. That being said Coach Mora has made me more excited for UConn football than i have been the past 5 years or so. Diaco didn't pan out but it seemed like he understood how important fan engagment was to rebuilding the program. Mora seems to have that same understanding.

How is the team looking roster wise for this upcoming season? The team seemed to be progress nicely throughout the season last year, can we expect them to pick right up where they left off or is it back to square one? Any intel would be much appreciated.

Reaction Score
Ignore the minor inaccuracies and just go w/ the premise:

This is a really good piece regarding our OL depth chart. We're still a work in progress but this young group is eventually going to be very solid. We have depth but the maturity might be a year off. Still could be a group that improves beyond what we've had recently. Sooner would be better.

Reaction Score
This may be the most stacked WR group we've ever seen at UConn. Every single receiver is a player maker this year. It's going to be nuts.

Reaction Score
This may be the most stacked WR group we've ever seen at UConn. Every single receiver is a player maker this year. It's going to be nuts.
Love to hear that, as i mentioned below I'm out of the loop. Is there a projected clear cut starter for QB this year or is it looking like a competititon going into camp? Guy who got hurt early on last year seemed to be pretty solid

Reaction Score
It looks like it will be a competition, team is still waiting for two QB to come to school.

Reaction Score
Love to hear that, as i mentioned below I'm out of the loop. Is there a projected clear cut starter for QB this year or is it looking like a competititon going into camp? Guy who got hurt early on last year seemed to be pretty solid
It's looking like Roberson has stepped out above everyone else right now. Millen won't be in camp til summer. Tyler is throwing again which is great and Krajewski is looking like what we expected him to be when he was recruited. But Roberson is showing why he is the highest rated recruit we've gotten here at UConn.

Reaction Score
For all the talk of ticket prices going up this year, Young alumni season football tickets are $5 right now with a $30 donation fee. $35 total, is legit cheaper than parking for the season. They got to advertise this a bit more, bring a couple food trucks, beer vendors into the parking lot, you telling my they can't sell out that specific section at least? People won't take a $35 flyer on going to a couple games but will pay $40 from a scalper the one day they do go?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom