Speilman sucks | The Boneyard

Speilman sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He brings nothing to a game.
All he talked about was Gardner needs to do ... what Michigan needs to sdo ... what Hoke needs to do.
He only watched one team tonight. Did mention Smallwood once!
Totally unprofessional job by Spielman.

And can ABC show replays of the 15 yard penalties against UCONN?
Or were they phantom calls?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He predicted that bad snap.

Yep.

I thought he did a good job and was certainly better than McDonough who was horrible.

Spielman was complimentary of Smallwood, Stephens and several other players. It looked like he actually looked at film and the players and didn't just look at the school name on the jerseys.

Reaction Score
He brings nothing to a game.
All he talked about was Gardner needs to do ... what Michigan needs to sdo ... what Hoke needs to do.
He only watched one team tonight. Did mention Smallwood once!
Totally unprofessional job by Spielman.

And can ABC show replays of the 15 yard penalties against UCONN?
Or were they phantom calls?

Many were phantom calls. Bizarre. One of Gardner's long runs setting up that 4th and 2 happened because the LT tackled the guy about to sack Gardner. No call. Luckily it didn't bite UConn in the butt.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought he did a good job and was certainly better than McDonough who was horrible.

I always stick up for McDounough. But he didn't give us a fair call yesterday. I'm disappointed, I thought he was a straight shooter.

Reaction Score
They did a crappy job on the 2 calls which resulted in short kickoffs......

Was McCombs flag because of the baseball swing he did? (pitiful if it was)

And what was the flag for the result of spacing on the sideline...could we see it?

Reaction Score
They did a crappy job on the 2 calls which resulted in short kickoffs......

Was McCombs flag because of the baseball swing he did? (pitiful if it was)

And what was the flag for the result of spacing on the sideline...could we see it?

On the replay on the screen at the game it looked like one of the coaches (PP?) was on the field as Tymeer ran by for the score, on the DVR I couldn't really tell.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have never been a McDonough fan, but he really lost me when he used the "pasqualoni inherited a team with little talent" line. Of course he also talked about how the defense lost 4 players to the NFL. I guess they weren't talented when they played for PP.

I like Spielman.

Reaction Score
Spielman was a breath of fresh air as he was focused on the quality of play and not the history of the uniforms. Although he probably despises Michigan based on where he played.

Pointed out the offensive line splits and how it foretells where the ball is going
Called the bad snap by bullock
Predicted a screen play before the snap of the ball
Pointed out how ty-meer brown lost edge contain
Pointed out how Stephen pushed the oline causing gardner's fumble

McDonough is a tool ... He just can't camouflage his disdain for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Many were phantom calls. Bizarre. One of Gardner's long runs setting up that 4th and 2 happened because the LT tackled the guy about to sack Gardner. No call. Luckily it didn't bite UConn in the butt.

I would have liked to see a replay of stephen's hands to the face and mccombs celebration penalty. On the fumble return you can see the line judge running into someone on the UCONN sideline ... Although I've seen sidelines warnings prior to personal fouls.

Toussaint should have received an unsportsmanlike penalty when he jumped to his feet and slammed his face mask into smallwood's after being thrown down. And geremy Davis's TD should not have been overturned.

Reaction Score
I would have liked to see a replay of stephen's hands to the face and mccombs celebration penalty. On the fumble return you can see the line judge running into someone on the UCONN sideline ... Although I've seen sidelines warnings prior to personal fouls.

Toussaint should have received an unsportsmanlike penalty when he jumped to his feet and slammed his face mask into smallwood's after being thrown down. And geremy Davis's TD should not have been overturned.

They did show replays. McCombs did nothing but feign the swing of a bat. Stephen had his hands nowhere near the face of the OL.

Smallwood could have been called for taunting there.

Reaction Score

It seems like you just live to complain about officials! You were bitching about Big 10 Officials stealing the game even after you were told they were not Big 10 Officials!

Reaction Score
Game coverage was real minor league,some replays in the booth had too many replays form ever angles,some had one. Speilman obviously didnt do his homework and just blathered the stock line on all UCONN players. His voice was also monotone and annoying.

Reaction Score
It seems like you just live to complain about officials! You were bitching about Big 10 Officials stealing the game even after you were told they were not Big 10 Officials!

Huh? No, I did not. That was someone else. it seems you sit around making stuff up.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You are so full of ! And a classic liar!

In the Game Thread post 134 you were told it was not a Big 10 crew.

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/game-thread.44189/page-7

In post 140 you told Chin Diesel and my self that they were Big 10 refs.

In post 158 you finally admit you were wrong and they were not Big 10 Officials!

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/game-thread.44189/page-8

Uh, no. You are pretty bad at reading.

It doesn't say that at all.

After McDonough said the booth announcers were AAC, I said the field crew was B1G. That's how it normally is for every game. I guarantee you that McDonough did not say the field refs were AAC. It's also normal for the road team's conferences to be field refs. When ScotVib said that this game was different, that's when I made post 158.

You were absolutely wrong about what McDonough said.

McDonough is wrong anyway. There's no such thing as an AAC referee. They belong to a consortium that picks up refs from other conferences on an ad hoc basis. The refs last night were CUSA.

Reaction Score
Uh, no. You are pretty bad at reading.

It doesn't say that at all.

After McDonough said the booth announcers were AAC, I said the field crew was B1G. That's how it normally is for every game. I guarantee you that McDonough did not say the field refs were AAC. It's also normal for the road team's conferences to be field refs. When ScotVib said that this game was different, that's when I made post 158.

You were absolutely wrong about what McDonough said.

McDonough is wrong anyway. There's no such thing as an AAC referee. They belong to a consortium that picks up refs from other conferences on an ad hoc basis. The refs last night were CUSA.

Seems like you are the one with the reading problem! I never said that your good drinking buddy McDouough said they were AAC refs! I said the announcers! Earlier in post 134 I said that that the radio team had said they were AAC referees.

But even after you were told repeatedly you were still claiming Big 10! Admit it your are wrong! Just like last night when you were incorrectly telling us they were Big 10 Officials! And you just couldn't say you were wrong you had to tell us how normally the road team supplies the refs.

Reaction Score
Seems like you are the one with the reading problem! I never said that your good drinking buddy McDouough said they were AAC refs! I said the announcers! Earlier in post 134 I said that that the radio team had said they were AAC referees.

But even after you were told repeatedly you were still claiming Big 10! Admit it your are wrong! Just like last night when you were incorrectly telling us they were Big 10 Officials! And you just couldn't say you were wrong you had to tell us how normally the road team supplies the refs.

I don't listen to radio. Like a normal person, when Chin referred to the announcers, I assumed he meant the ones doing the game on the TV. Like a normal person, I also assumed that this game was being refereed the same way 99% of them are, road team refs, home team booth. And, like a normal person, when I realized I was wrong, I said so. The first time after Chin corrected me, I thought he was referring to the booth refs. So there. Don't be an idiot, and learn to read. "Admit you were wrong." I did, moron, one minute after ScottVib said so. Jeez.

Reaction Score
will U2 get a room please! .. Spielman still sucks but I'm just glad we didn't have Musberger. I mute EVERY game he does!

Reaction Score
I don't listen to radio. Like a normal person, when Chin referred to the announcers, I assumed he meant the ones doing the game on the TV. Like a normal person, I also assumed that this game was being refereed the same way 99% of them are, road team refs, home team booth. And, like a normal person, when I realized I was wrong, I said so. The first time after Chin corrected me, I thought he was referring to the booth refs. So there. Don't be an idiot, and learn to read. "Admit you were wrong." I did, moron, one minute after ScottVib said so. Jeez.

No you never said you were wrong! You told us about the refs being from conference USA and other blather, but never admitted you were wrong!

A lot of assumptions! And when you were told you were wrong you still went with your assumptions. No one as smart as you could possibly be wrong!

Reaction Score

I have no idea how they found "indisputable evidence" on the Davis catch. Sure we ended up scoring on that drive but our offense only has X amount of good plays. We can't waste them!

Reaction Score
I have no idea how they found "indisputable evidence" on the Davis catch. Sure we ended up scoring on that drive but our offense only has X amount of good plays. We can't waste them!

That is a great point! My wife said in the stadium "The ref said he juggled the ball". I said "so what ... as long as it didn't hit the ground."

The ref never announced that the ball made contact with the ground. He only said that the receiver did not secure the ball. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom