Southern Illinois 30 Tenn 27 | The Boneyard

Southern Illinois 30 Tenn 27

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
;I doubt S. Ill will win but TN is a pretty big mess so far. Only Burell and Dye giving them competent play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have no passionate feelings about Tennessee one way or the other...

classic disney GIF

Reaction Score
S. Illinois misses wide open layup (with no one else on that side of court)

Reaction Score
I hope Burrell will come back next game. UT has been down a few players this game due to injury or foul trouble. They look all out of sorts.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Salukis are sticking to their game plan, not losing their cool. The Vols with 42 points with 7 minutes left.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What happened to Horston and Burrell?
Burrell left before halftime. She had to be helped off and couldn't walk on her right leg. She was grabbing her knee area. I'm not sure what's going on with Horston but she was injured in practice and is expected to return next game.

Reaction Score

I missed most of this game but from what I've seen it didn't look great for us. Certainly not a top 20 level effort... But it's early in the season and we won't be the first good team to start slow”

Lol y’all ain’t good.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
According to LV fans, Burrell is at the hospital currently. Not a good sign. I'm guessing she's done for the season. Easily Tennessee's best player. Poor kid. Horrible way to start the season. Injuries suck...

What is Horston's injury? How long is she supposed to be out for?

Reaction Score
According to LV fans, Burrell is at the hospital currently. Not a good sign. I'm guessing she's done for the season. Easily Tennessee's best player. Poor kid. Horrible way to start the season. Injuries suck...

Oh no! She is the ONLY player I like on that team. She made a bad decision going there. JMO. She needed “coaching”
It’s gonna be a looooooong season for the delusional

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Burrell left before halftime. She had to be helped off and couldn't walk on her right leg. She was grabbing her knee area. I'm not sure what's going on with Horston but she was injured in practice and is expected to return next game.

That's really sad - Burrell had a strong yer last year and looked poised to follow it up this year. Hope she can have a complete recovery.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The folks over on VolNation are understandably out of their minds with their team’s performance against a team they should have handled easily. Several concerns:

• Hard to see TN as the 15th ranked team in WBB
  • Horston’s injury supposedly not too serious, but Burrell’s injury did not look good.
  • Key in foul trouble all night, and didn’t do much against a team she towered over.
  • I’ve never seen Thompson-Boling arena with fewer fans for a WBB game.

It could be a long season in Knoxville.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Bummer about Burrell. I’d thought she knocked knees with the defender. Doesn’t sound like that, though.

I thought the announcers said Horston had a minor (lower leg?) injury and was day-to-day.

Reaction Score
Burrell can medical redshirt, then transfer to UConn and get coached up for the W.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that wasn't the greatest advertisement for Tennessee. Great game from Southern Illinois, what a fight from them to be in it until very late.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Never fails.... a Uconn fan makes a thread about another team losing at the end of the 1st quarter, or at the half... that team ends up winning in the end. :D
Well actually, it's more like a UConn megafan ALWAYS makes a thread whenever Tennessee is struggling or losing against a lesser opponent. This is a bona fide Boneyard tradition that has has been entrenched at least since I joined the board 5 years ago. As it happens, a fair number of those games have ended in losses for the Vols.

Reaction Score
If they’re not at least 15th, it’s Geno and the refs fault or Darth Vol negativity (truthfulness)cursed them. It can’t be that they are just not that good. Should’ve hired Kara……

Reaction Score
Never fails.... a Uconn fan makes a thread about another team losing at the end of the 1st quarter, or at the half... that team ends up winning in the end. :D
Lol. Duke is my 3 favorite team. Y’all lucky Tennessee wasn’t smart enough to get Kara. Good luck this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom