South Florida Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Florida Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Mora needs to stop complaining and get to work. Last season got him some leeway but anything below 3 wins this season should put him in the hot seat.
I never thought I would post this but 1-6 and he should be in the hot seat. You are what you record says you are. This is worst case scenario And he needs to make changes in how he’s coaching this team. This is now a head coaching issue.

Reaction Score
They should not be this bad. Like always shooting a final round 75 after a 54-hole lead.
This is correct. When they scored a TD on that Edwards run for 21-10 lead that is when the defense had to step up. Instead they let USF get a TD, which is bad enough, but what was worse about that was that it happened so quickly in under 2 minutes

Reaction Score
You have to worry very deeply about the future. Getting hosed yet again in critical moments by an officiating crew, losing at home in front of 2500 people on homecoming. Very real path to 1-11 ahead. At some point enough may become enough. Sad sad day

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm speechless. I still feel Mora is better than that. I do not understand what the thinking was to put the brakes on the offense in 3rdQ.

Certainly a ton of drops between receivers and secondary, plus poor KO/punt receiving, but this game was winnable well into the 4th, but playmakers mostly didn't make plays. And coaches didn't coach.

Reaction Score
You have to worry very deeply about the future. Getting hosed yet again in critical moments by an officiating crew, losing at home in front of 2500 people on homecoming. Very real path to 1-11 ahead. At some point enough may become enough. Sad sad day
Let's not overreact now.

Reaction Score
Roberson continues to impress with his decision, making and throwing ability… And Edwards had a heck of a break out day.

Other than that a lot of bad mistakes that cost us a bunch of points not that not totally Wanebo game and we found a way to blow it. Very frustrating.

And there’s no way to sugarcoat it… Our secondary is just 10 ply Charmin, soft

Reaction Score

Oh there isn’t much difference between 1-11 and and 3-9 when you are this bad.

Reaction Score
The program.
This program has been spiraling since the day the OBE imploded. Mora had one mediocre season he is not a god send. AD Dave is a moron who thought Independence was a lifeline and guess what? We’re sinking faster than before. I don’t know what the right answer was but tbh I’m not the one being paid hundreds of thousands to figure it out. Our football program and athletic deficit are a disgrace. We need to clean house. And if that doesn’t work, clean house again. Figure it out because this is insulting to all of us.

Reaction Score
Roberson continues to impress with his decision, making and throwing ability… And Edwards had a heck of a break out day.

Other than that a lot of bad mistakes that cost us a bunch of points not that not totally Wanebo game and we found a way to blow it. Very frustrating.

And there’s no way to sugarcoat it… Our secondary is just 10 ply Charmin, soft
Why they didn’t tighten up on those 5-7 yard passes was beyond me. They were eating our lunch and our secondary just kept playing the same way. For good sakes, go for the INT make it tough to run his route but don‘t just fade back into coverage!!!!

If we needed help seeing how to adjust we could have taken some pointers from USF - just sayin’

Reaction Score
The question for Mora is why the team was not ready for the start season two years in a row?

Last year they dug themselves out of the hole. This year the hole fell in on them. But they are basically suffering the consequences of starting the season with terrible performances. They may win a couple of games down the stretch. But two years in a row the season was thrown away in the first month against bad opponents by a team that couldn't get out of its own way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This program has been spiraling since the day the OBE imploded. Mora had one mediocre season he is not a god send. AD Dave is a moron who thought Independence was a lifeline and guess what? We’re sinking faster than before. I don’t know what the right answer was but tbh I’m not the one being paid hundreds of thousands to figure it out. Our football program and athletic deficit are a disgrace. We need to clean house. And if that doesn’t work, clean house again. Figure it out because this is insulting to all of us.
Yeah because going 1-6 in a watered down AAC would be better than where we are now...

Without the move to independence, there is no 5th National Championship, the women's program is dead, and we are not even in the conversation of a B12 invite.

AD Dave has not been perfect, but he is far from a moron and has put us in the best position to succeed.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The sky is not falling. This is a disappointing loss but we are no where near where we were 5 years. I blame Mora for the loss today, but we didn’t get blown out; we lost at the very end.

Sacred Heart and UMass SHOULD be wins.

Tennessee will be a blow out.

I think we will be competitive against both BC and James Madison. With the exception of Georgia State and Duke, we have been in every game.

It’s hilarious people want to give up now but didn’t give up 5 years ago.

Reaction Score
I just don't see where we go from here. Cleaning house over and over again sure isn't the answer. At some point I think you cut your losses.

Reaction Score
Certainly a tough loss today -- we dropped 2 or 3 potential interceptions, had a bad PI call go against us, and never had an answer for the speed option play USF ran. Wasted a nice breakout day from Cam Edwards but the mistakes we consistently seem to make is why we are 1-6. USF has to get on the plane thinking against most every other team they play, that is a loss today.

Reaction Score
Certainly a tough loss today -- we dropped 2 or 3 potential interceptions, had a bad PI call go against us, and never had an answer for the speed option play USF ran. Wasted a nice breakout day from Cam Edwards but the mistakes we consistently seem to make is why we are 1-6. USF has to get on the plane thinking against most every other team they play, that is a loss today.
Going up by a score and then running Cam Edwards into the ground cost us so many points. We went up and just stopped spreading the ball around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom