South Florida Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

South Florida Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
What was up with the hurry up no huddle USF offense. What advantage does that really give them?
Limits substitution on defense. Tired guys don’t tackle, or cover, or rush the passer as well.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Limits substitution on defense. Tired guys don’t tackle, or cover, or rush the passer as well.
And limits the ability to change the defensive personnel package (so can’t change from whatever package is being used to add more DBs or linemen or whatever) so increases chance of getting mismatches.

Reaction Score
Increases chances of running out of the back of the end zone
That penalty was completely botched. There was an illegal shift on the play as well as the improper substitution (essentially a free play for the offense like offsides). The official mistakenly blew the play dead for the offensive penalty… then picked up the offensive flag because without a snap there is no illegal shift. As a result, rather than the penalties offsetting, the defensive penalty stood.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They aren't 1-6 because of a lack of money.
agree it isn't because of money but a lack of being in a conference does hurt when it comes to officials and other recruiting means.

Reaction Score
agree it isn't because of money but a lack of being in a conference does hurt when it comes to officials and other recruiting means.
I'm at the point that depending on the exit terms I would try to get football into a conference. Yes the MAC if I must.

Edit: if it's not clear, all other sports remain in the big east but preferential scheduling could be discussed. I'm sure basketball could survive playing toledo and NIU at home

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm at the point that depending on the exit terms I would try to get football into a conference. Yes the MAC if I must.

Edit: if it's not clear, all other sports remain in the big east but preferential scheduling could be discussed. I'm sure basketball could survive playing toledo and NIU at home
No to the MAC and UConn should be in the ACC or the Big Ten ....or The Big 12 but instead, we get sc ewed

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tennessee will be a blow out.
I like your confidence, but I think it will be tough for us to win on the road.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good post. I’d rather have our powerhouse basketball program in the Big East than have mediocre basketball and football like the vast majority of schools. Yes, it would be great to have a competitive football team, but that’s not going to happen in the foreseeable future. Just not. So where we are now is the best of all worlds for us, and by that I mean POSSIBLE worlds, not impossible dreams. You want to trade places with Pittsburg? Virginia Tech? Syracuse? They have nothing. Nothing at all. At least we have a blue blood top 5 basketball program. We can’t let that go.
Wow. So many posters have given up. And I feel like we are probably a sampling of the most committed part of the fanbase. That said, we're still stuck in a cycle of suck. It has been a long, hard, soul rending grind.

I guess I want to see what Mora does the off-season season. If we don't hire a new OC and a DC, I feel that it says that the school has given up too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom