South Carolina vs Mizzou | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Mizzou

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I have been consistently puzzled by what appears to be a lack of fire in the Gamecocks, whether on the court or the bench. Not just this year, but for the last 3 years. Fire may be too strong a term. Lack of emotion may be a better description, with one exception - Cuevas, she has too much. Coates - stolid. Most emotion out of Wilson is petulance. Something is missing.

I am not sure it is lack of fire...there is definitely inconsistencies in their play. Sometimes it seems whether against UConn or ND, they don't seem ready for the moment. Perhaps ready isn't the right word. Maybe the big moments are too big for them. Any team has to get over that hurdle. You have to be able to win the biggest of games to have that mindset that you can win all of them. They certainly have the talent to win it all, but not the consistency.

Reaction Score
It's 30-26 South Carolina at the the half.

I wonder who thought Andy Landers would be a good sportscaster? He sounds like he's not particularly interested in what he's talking about
Two things. I think he'd rather be coaching then being in the studio and secondly, and not to stereotype, but he's from the south and not your typical Type-A.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Congrats to my Lady Tigers for their win over SC. I had a ticket for the game, the weather was beautiful, I was pumped, but wife is ill so I watched the game on TV. Sophie was wonderful and I'm impressed with her toughness and with her ability. Hope her sister is okay after suffering a head injury. Really looking forward to the SEC tourney.

Reaction Score
I have been consistently puzzled by what appears to be a lack of fire in the Gamecocks, whether on the court or the bench. Not just this year, but for the last 3 years. Fire may be too strong a term. Lack of emotion may be a better description, with one exception - Cuevas, she has too much. Coates - stolid. Most emotion out of Wilson is petulance. Something is missing.
I've often thought that Coates takes for granted way too many trips up and down the court. Maybe just her calm demeanor, maybe something other than that? Against Missouri, she took the day off. She relies on Wilson to do too much of the heavy lifting underneath the basket. And, I had to laugh at Dave O'Brien's lauding Coates's shooting percentage after a comment was made of Collier's. Compare the shot charts between the two and then do a worthy comparison.

Reaction Score
Congrats to my Lady Tigers for their win over SC. I had a ticket for the game, the weather was beautiful, I was pumped, but wife is ill so I watched the game on TV. Sophie was wonderful and I'm impressed with her toughness and with her ability. Hope her sister is okay after suffering a head injury. Really looking forward to the SEC tourney.
Great game to watch. Maybe they're peaking at the right time?

Reaction Score
How about the AAC? UConn's first she's several games in conference were in Florida, Hartford, Hartford, Texas, Oklahoma, Storrs, and North Carolina. The Huskies have also played road games in Indiana, Louisiana, Nebraska, Kansas, and Maryland. They've had 12 home games, 13 away games and one "neutral" game in Connecticut. Pretty tough with a short bench.
They only play 8 regular season games at Storrs this year. Every other game requires travel of some sort. I don't know too many, if any other, schools have such an arrangement. Luckily we get some of the NCAAs on campus.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
SoCar with a UCONN hangover. It happens quite often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom