South Carolina Transfers | Page 8 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Transfers

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Exactly! Everyone thought we were going to take steps back including Gamecock fans.

Direct posts made by you and another Gamecock fan last offseason. Part 1 attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190430-211202_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190430-211202_Chrome.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 42

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Exactly! Everyone thought we were going to take steps back including Gamecock fans.
Part 2 attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190430-211214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190430-211214_Chrome.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 43

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Part 3 attached (a different SC fan)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190430-211319_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190430-211319_Chrome.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 41
Reaction Score
Direct posts made by you and another Gamecock fan last offseason. Part 1 attached.
Boy you went back far :rolleyes:

There are also posts of of me saying I thought we would be preseason #2 in the SEC and when I made that comment it was way before the season had started. After the 5-4 start I changed my viewpoint as would anyone. But if your trying to argue SC not being a better team next year then this prior one then I definitely disagree with you.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
After the 5-4 start I changed my viewpoint as would anyone.

How convenient.

But if your trying to argue SC not being a better team next year then this prior one then I definitely disagree with you.

You'll say that every year. Despite your love affair with your players always reasoning the ones you have "do this better than Vic's" "are better PGs/SGs - with more skill than who we have" or "Mississippi State has no advantages anymore." Or it's the "SC has a more talented group of new players" (all of whom we haven't even seen yet)

I wonder if 2020-2021 you'll finally admit Vic will have a hell-bent team featuring 0 senior losses and a roster full of studs - with a superteam in the making.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Boy you went back far :rolleyes:

There are also posts of of me saying I thought we would be preseason #2 in the SEC and when I made that comment it was way before the season had started. After the 5-4 start I changed my viewpoint as would anyone. But if your trying to argue SC not being a better team next year then this prior one then I definitely disagree with you.

Just backing up my point, took 5 minutes to find.

And I do think SC very well could be better next year but them/Tennessee/Mississippi State all will look drastically different either in player makeup or coaching staff so it is harder to project each team.

And btw, who did you have ranked ahead of South Carolina as preseason #1? Cause it definitely wasnt Mississippi State.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190430-220936_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190430-220936_Chrome.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 35
Reaction Score
How convenient.

You'll say that every year. Despite your love affair with your players always reasoning the ones you have "do this better than Vic's" "are better PGs/SGs - with more skill than who we have" or "Mississippi State has no advantages anymore." Or it's the "SC has a more talented group of new players" (all of whom we haven't even seen yet)

I wonder if 2020-2021 you'll finally admit Vic will have a hell-bent team featuring 0 senior losses and a roster full of studs - with a superteam in the making.

Woah buddy seems I’ve struck a nerve....

We all have our own opinions on how both teams will look next year. You think you’ll will be better, I don’t and so be it. We’ll have to wait until the season to see who’s truly better.

......But in the mean time let’s talk about this “super team” :confused:

Reaction Score
Just backing up my point, took 5 minutes to find.

And I do think SC very well could be better next year but them/Tennessee/Mississippi State all will look drastically different either in player makeup or coaching staff so it is harder to project each team.

And btw, who did you have ranked ahead of South Carolina as preseason #1? Cause it definitely wasnt Mississippi State.

Different isn’t always bad and since the season has ended I’ve never said o thought Miss St would be bad. I stated several times that I expected them to be in the top 3 in the SEC. some may feel they’ll be better than SC and that’s fine because everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I definitely stand firm in mines saying SC & AM will be the best two teams in the SEC next year.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Woah buddy seems I’ve struck a nerve....

We all have our own opinions on how both teams will look next year. You think you’ll will be better, I don’t and so be it. We’ll have to wait until the season to see who’s truly better.

.But in the mean time let’s talk about this “super team” :confused:

I'm just commenting on the redundancy in your posts, and the inaccuracy of your predictions. And how your predictions always favor SC over Mississippi State in all years.

Btw, I don't think we'll be better. It's anyone's guess, and it's really hard to say. I still don't understand how you figured SC would've been better last year, and how they're gonna be better next year. Did you think SC in the final year of Wilson was gonna be better than Vic's McCowan-Vivians-Morgan-Roshunda-Blair team?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Different isn’t always bad and since the season has ended I’ve never said o thought Miss St would be bad. I stated several times that I expected them to be in the top 3 in the SEC. some may feel they’ll be better than SC and that’s fine because everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I definitely stand firm in mines saying SC & AM will be the best two teams in the SEC next year.

I meant who did you have ranked ahead of SC going into the 2018-19 season? Not this past season.

Reaction Score
I'm just commenting on the redundancy in your posts, and the inaccuracy of your predictions. And how your predictions always favor SC over Mississippi State in all years.

Btw, I don't think we'll be better. It's anyone's guess, and it's really hard to say. I still don't understand how you figured SC would've been better last year, and how they're gonna be better next year. Did you think SC in the final year of Wilson was gonna be better than Vic's McCowan-Vivians-Morgan-Roshunda-Blair team?

Why would my posts favor another team that considers mine a rival? How does that make sense? Anyway rather you want to admit it or not you feel Miss St will be better than SC next year, and it’s ok as you have every reason to believe that. The only thing that matters is next year. I’m still trying to figure out the Super team Vic is building....

Reaction Score
I meant who did you have ranked ahead of SC going into the 2018-19 season? Not this past season.

Two posts ago I stated my reasons why I thought SC would have been the better team going into the season until after the 5-4 start hence why I said what I said previously.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
There are also posts of of me saying I thought we would be preseason #2 in the SEC and when I made that comment it was way before the season had started.

This is what I'm referring to. You say you made postal before this season predicting SC would be the preseason #2 team in the SEC, so who did you think was ahead of them at #1?

Reaction Score
This is what I'm referring to. You say you made postal before this season predicting SC would be the preseason #2 team in the SEC, so who did you think was ahead of them at #1?

I never stayed SC to be behind anyone until the rough start after that point I figured Miss St was #1 in the SEC

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Why would my posts favor another team that considers mine a rival? How does that make sense? Anyway rather you want to admit it or not you feel Miss St will be better than SC next year, and it’s ok as you have every reason to believe that. The only thing that matters is next year. I’m still trying to figure out the Super team Vic is building....

Ok, so it's just South Carolina fanboyism? I just assumed every user on this site could subside from their impassioned zeal at times. No harm or anything, but that's just where I was thinking.

No, actually. I think SC has a dangerous set of freshmen. They'll rely on their freshman more than State will, but they're still dangerous and even I realize the potential threat to the SEC that they pose even in year one. But I think in terms of returning players...... State has Scott/AEH/Bibby that I personally think has a 3 to 2 advantage numerically over SC's best 2 players.... Harris/Harrigan. As far as "potential" players..... I think this is the one that's hard to decide. Taylor/Wiggins/Carter vs Grissett/Henderson/Saxton. One could reason either way with that.

In terms of "new" players, SC has Amihere/Boston/Beal/Cooke vs Jackson/Hemingway/Matharu/Martinez/Young/Taylor/Morris....... and potentially Cooks (for 2020)/Moore? I don't know which side will pan out better, this again is hard to say even though I do believe Dawn will put her new players out in the ring earlier than Vic will.

I just think our 2020-2021 team year 2 under Vic Schaefer's new regime and with Scott/AEH/Bibby in their final year is so loaded we can afford 1/3 of our team to be busts and still have championship pedigree. I do, however think, that in 2020-2021 South Carolina will be ranked in the preseason top 5. The other culprits will likely be Stanford/Baylor/State/Louisville. Again, this is just a preliminary prediction, but I'm guessing something like that, and I think SC will be hyped up as much as we will be in 2020-2021.

Make no mistake, I have SC ranked #10 for preseason next year, State at #9. Almost negligible difference between the two. Margin is too slim to really fuss over. It's a safe bet to assume it's State/SC again fighting for #1 and #2 in the conference again.

Last edited:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I never stayed SC to be behind anyone until the rough start after that point I figured Miss St was #1 in the SEC

So you're saying you thought before the season that SC would be #1 in the SEC preseason? This directly contradicts what you just posted a few hours ago.

Reaction Score
So you're saying you thought before the season that SC would be #1 in the SEC preseason? This directly contradicts what you just posted a few hours ago.

The initial post may contradict it but I stilll felt SC would have been the better team rather it was a step back or not. I didn’t expect Danberry and Holmes to step up the way they did especially after combining for just 10 ppg the year before. Rather I felt that way or not had nothing to do with the coming season and why I feel like SC will be a better team. If you feel Miss St will be a better team so be it we’ll just have to agree to disagree but there is no use in talking about a season that’s over.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Ok, so it's just South Carolina fanboyism? I just assumed every user on this site could subside from their impassioned zeal at times. No harm or anything, but that's just where I was thinking.

No, actually. I think SC has a dangerous set of freshmen. They'll rely on their freshman more than State will, but they're still dangerous and even I realize the potential threat to the SEC that they pose even in year one. But I think in terms of returning players. State has Scott/AEH/Bibby that I personally think has a 3 to 2 advantage numerically over SC's best 2 players.... Harris/Harrigan. As far as "potential" players..... I think this is the one that's hard to decide. Taylor/Wiggins/Carter vs Grissett/Henderson/Saxton. One could reason either way with that.

In terms of "new" players, SC has Amihere/Boston/Beal/Cooke vs Jackson/Hemingway/Matharu/Martinez/Young/Taylor/Morris.. and potentially Cooks (for 2020)/Moore? I don't know which side will pan out better, this again is hard to say even though I do believe Dawn will put her new players out in the ring earlier than Vic will.

I just think our 2020-2021 team year 2 under Vic Schaefer's new regime and with Scott/AEH/Bibby in their final year is so loaded we can afford 1/3 of our team to be busts and still have championship pedigree. I do, however think, that in 2020-2021 South Carolina will be ranked in the preseason top 5. The other culprits will likely be Stanford/Baylor/State/Louisville. Again, this is just a preliminary prediction, but I'm guessing something like that, and I think SC will be hyped up as much as we will be in 2020-2021.

Make no mistake, I have SC ranked #10 for preseason next year, State at #9. Almost negligible difference between the two. Margin is too slim to really fuss over. It's a safe bet to assume it's State/SC again fighting for #1 and #2 in the conference again.

Not to get too off topic, but in 2020-2021 UCONN will have three number 1 recruits in the starting 5 along with upperclassman ONO and potentially Evina Westbrook if she transfers. They're fully in the mix. Oregon will also be very good with both Sabally sisters, Boley and potentially Westbrook. I'm also high on freshman Chavez who will be an upperclassman. Oregon State will be great too, and Maryland will be strong. Should be some massive battles if the 2017 and 2018 HS classes develop well.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Not to get too off topic, but in 2020-2021 UCONN will have three number 1 recruits in the starting 5 along with upperclassman ONO and potentially Evina Westbrook if she transfers. They're fully in the mix. Oregon will also be very good with both Sabally sisters, Boley and potentially Westbrook. I'm also high on freshman Chavez who will be an upperclassman. Oregon State will be great too, and Maryland will be strong. Should be some massive battles if the 2017 and 2018 HS classes develop well.

Ionescu and Hebard are gone after 2019-2020. I don't think there's a chance Oregon will be ranked in any preseason top 5 in 2020-2021 unless they win the championship - that may tilt the pendulum slightly. But even then, a team that loses nobody like Mississippi State is probably gonna be higher regardless.

UConn is up there. Like I said, it's preliminary predictions. Who are the 3 #1 recruits? I'm just asking because I'm not sure who you're referring to... I don't really know UConn stuff as well as their fans. Bueckers... and? Well... potentially Westbrook, but Westbrook can't go to both Oregon and UConn - but if she chooses UConn, I agree UConn should be in the top 5.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
The initial post may contradict it but I stilll felt SC would have been the better team rather it was a step back or not. I didn’t expect Danberry and Holmes to step up the way they did especially after combining for just 10 ppg the year before. Rather I felt that way or not had nothing to do with the coming season and why I feel like SC will be a better team. If you feel Miss St will be a better team so be it we’ll just have to agree to disagree but there is no use in talking about a season that’s over.

Right...but you and another SC fan were discrediting a statement I made that was in fact true, so I'm holding you accountable for that and backing up my point.

And like I said, I dont think Mississippi State is necessarily going to be better or worse than SC this upcoming year. Too many unknowns and variables to predict that IMO. SC looks better on paper with Harris and MHH back, but MSU was the better team this year so I'm not sure the gap has closed to the point that SC surpasses MSU. Time will tell. Any of Kentucky, A&M, MSU, UT, and SC are all potential SEC title contenders depending on how the season shakes out. The conference feels much more up in the air compared to previous seasons due to players graduating and new faces coming in.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Ionescu and Hebard are gone after 2019-2020. I don't think there's a chance Oregon will be ranked in any preseason top 5 in 2020-2021 unless they win the championship - that may tilt the pendulum slightly. But even then, a team that loses nobody like Mississippi State is probably gonna be higher regardless.

UConn is up there. Like I said, it's preliminary predictions. Who are the 3 #1 recruits? I'm just asking because I'm not sure who you're referring to... I don't really know UConn stuff as well as their fans. Bueckers... and? Well... potentially Westbrook, but Westbrook can't go to both Oregon and UConn - but if she chooses UConn, I agree UConn should be in the top 5.

Oregon will have a big POY threat in Satou Sabally, a top notch 3pt shooter in Boley and the younger Sabally who is supposed to be a stud. They're also said to be in the mix for Westbrook. A lineup built around those 3 along with Graves coaching is a strong Final Four threat IMO.

Megan Walker was a #1 recruit in 2017, Christyn Williams in 2018, Bueckers in 2020. Westbrook was #2 in 2017, ONO #5 in 2018. By far the most top heavy roster going into 2020-21 when looking at recruiting rankings, but it doesnt always pan out.

This past season UCONN had 3 number one recruits, a #3 recruit, a #5 and a #6 recruit and wasnt able to win it all or dominate like they had in previous years. On paper they're going to be great, but how players develop/mesh remains to be seen.

Reaction Score

No, actually. I think SC has a dangerous set of freshmen. They'll rely on their freshman more than State will, but they're still dangerous and even I realize the potential threat to the SEC that they pose even in year one. But I think in terms of returning players. State has Scott/AEH/Bibby that I personally think has a 3 to 2 advantage numerically over SC's best 2 players.... Harris/Harrigan. As far as "potential" players..... I think this is the one that's hard to decide. Taylor/Wiggins/Carter vs Grissett/Henderson/Saxton. One could reason either way with that.

In terms of "new" players, SC has Amihere/Boston/Beal/Cooke vs Jackson/Hemingway/Matharu/Martinez/Young/Taylor/Morris.. and potentially Cooks (for 2020)/Moore? I don't know which side will pan out better, this again is hard to say even though I do believe Dawn will put her new players out in the ring earlier than Vic will.

I guess you can say that although I would say I had good reasoning behind what I said.

SC has Wesolek who will also get more minutes this year as well as Olivia Thompson coming in with the freshman class. Also Grissett is a veteran. She’s been on the squad for two years. Bibby is coming off an injury. It’ll take time for her to get to where she was before it. As far as the freshman and potential impact players we won’t know until the season starts. But one thing I am certain of is HH and Harris being able to lead a team to a championship. They’ve played a role in many in their time at SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom