South Carolina goes down | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina goes down

Reaction Score
I watched the UConn mens game on ESPN and Jimmy V drew 2 stinkers as far as scoring. It was the 1st nationally televised game this season for both teams and I wonder if stage fright played a role?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I watched the UConn mens game on ESPN and Jimmy V drew 2 stinkers as far as scoring. It was the 1st nationally televised game this season for both teams and I wonder if stage fright played a role?
UConn shot great the first half.

Reaction Score
Stage fright for what? There was no fans hardly.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
South Carolina did not look like number 1. The offense looked really bad, no movement, did not move the ball, a lot of one on one dribbling, and the shooting was terrible, 27%. No real three point shooter, and foul shooting poor. Unless Uconn took a big step backwards from last season, I don't see South Carolina staying with them.

Reaction Score
I know it's early so offense we'll be a work in progress. I think both teams played great defense some of that was helped by bad offense and poor shot selection. Both teams don't seem to have any outside shooting. Boston

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Heck, South Carolina has to travel to #23 Iowa State on Sunday, Noon ET on ESPNU. They might just end up being 3-2 by the time the New Boneyard Top 25 comes out. :D :D :D :D

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I watched parts of the game; it was a tough watch

The lack of movement, the lack of ability to feed the posts in good scoring position, the poor outside shooting has been noted...

But mainly..ok, the post is triple-teamed, what's the next option?
The answer was nada.
I can't imagine a Geno coached team finding themselves at that junction.

Reaction Score
Boston looked gassed for portions of the game. There was so much clutter in the lane she had little room to operate in. But man she is a beast, I hope Olivia has beefed up a bit to handle that.

Reaction Score
South Carolina's win streak halted at 29 as NC State secures third-ever victory over a No. 1
The top-ranked South Carolina women's basketball team saw their 29-game winning streak end Thursday at home in Columbia, South Carolina, as the Gamecocks were upset 54-46 by No. 8 NC State.

It was the first loss for the Gamecocks since Nov. 28, 2019, when they fell to Indiana 71-57 in the Virgin Islands. South Carolina didn't lose again last season and ended it ranked No. 1; the Gamecocks would have been a No. 1 seed had there been an NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Did I just watch a HS state final or what? #1 vs #8? Let's get Andy Landers to pronounce Bueckers.....you know, Paige.

Reaction Score
South Carolina did not look like number 1. The offense looked really bad, no movement, did not move the ball, a lot of one on one dribbling, and the shooting was terrible, 27%. No real three point shooter, and foul shooting poor. Unless Uconn took a big step backwards from last season, I don't see South Carolina staying with them.
Spacing was terrible. All five players on the same side for multiple possessions.

Reaction Score
Via ESPN:
"We just had no flow," South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said. "In 21 years, I never felt what I felt during the game. Uncoachable, untamable, just not listening, just selfish play. It will open our eyes to see how we need to be and how we need to play every time we step on the floor. We need some leadership. We need somebody who is going to step up and say, 'We need to get organized, we need to take better shots.'

"We can't rely on just being talented. That talent has to play as a cohesive unit, and we did not do that tonight. And it's disheartening. We've got to reel them back in and figure out how to bounce back."

Reaction Score
Boston looked gassed for portions of the game. There was so much clutter in the lane she had little room to operate in. But man she is a beast, I hope Olivia has beefed up a bit to handle that.

Well, Boston better get used to having a lot of bodies in the paint because teams are going sag off the 3pt line and pack in a zone against them because SC hasn't proven they can make you pay from the outside,

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Did I just watch a HS state final or what? #1 vs #8? Let's get Andy Landers to pronounce Bueckers.....you know, Paige.

Think he will say "byoo-kahz"?

Reaction Score

She's a beast? She shot 4-14 from the floor. How is that "A beast?"

Not arguing - I only saw a few minutes.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Heck he hasn't been able to pronounce Nelson-Ododa and she's a Junior, so it should take him at least a year or two to get Paige's last name.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about it. I like NC State and tend to root for them against most teams to begin with, and I also tend to root for the underdog unless it's against UConn.

However, it would have been a lot more exciting (and better for UConn, of course) if SC could've stayed undefeated and #1 until our game with them.
Ditto regarding rooting for the underdog and generally liking NC State. Of course, for me it is Rutgers and Arizona that I don't want to lose to the underdog.

I do agree that it would have increased the "juice" for your game against them if SC had won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom