South Carolina goes down | The Boneyard

South Carolina goes down

Reaction Score
Andy Landers hit the nail on the head. Each team focused on shutting down the post. Both were successful. SC and Wolfpack each had bad shooting games. I really didn't notice Boston until she hit two threes. Grissett for SC did not impress me in her minutes.

Reaction Score
Their center and team inside defense really caused Boston to struggle. SC really missing a veteran point guard. Outside shooting was very off for both teams. This is going to be a very interesting season. This game showcased how team defense was much better than offense.

Reaction Score
That game wasn't exactly thrilling to watch but I think both teams are better than they showed. I think there are going to be more rusty games for even good teams than not as long as there are many disruptions of practice and normal activities.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
SC has not been impressive this year. I think losing 2 starters from last year's team is impacting them more than people thought it would based on all the talent they have.

Just my $.02 - I think Henderson is more a scoring guard - not as much this game obviously, but I don't think she's the distributor that Harris was last season. They have some growing pains for sure.

Early in the season, you would expect the defense to be ahead of the offense. That was the case with both teams. Still, excellent win for NC State. SO glad to see SC go down.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Early in the season, you would expect the defense to be ahead of the offense. That was the case with both teams. Still, excellent win for NC State. SO glad to see SC go down.
I have mixed feelings about it. I like NC State and tend to root for them against most teams to begin with, and I also tend to root for the underdog unless it's against UConn.

However, it would have been a lot more exciting (and better for UConn, of course) if SC could've stayed undefeated and #1 until our game with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom