South Carolina Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Thread

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's the thing - if you told me Lou wasn't going to score at all and we would be up I'd be skeptical. Interesting how Geno says they're being rough with her. Apparently the refs don't agree. We have a normal amount of fouls for us but they don't. You can't tell me they aren't fouling their average. They better keep an eye on things a little closer in the 2nd half.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How can it be that UConn is outrebounding SC nearly 2:1? Skill and quickness beats length..at least sometimes...

And effort.

For all the guff that KLS is catching in this thread, she is working her tail off for the boards against the SC bigs...

Reaction Score
Eh, I'll take a 6 point edge while Samuelson is playing her D- game. Good defensive effort given the challenges they're faced with.

Doesn't mean I have no desire to see Samuelson turn the corner in the second half, though.

Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield had some really huge defensive plays, passes, etc. in the half. REALLY solid minutes.

Reaction Score
That's the thing - if you told me Lou wasn't going to score at all and we would be up I'd be skeptical. Interesting how Geno says they're being rough with her. Apparently the refs don't agree. We have a normal amount of fouls for us but they don't. You can't tell me they aren't fouling their average. They better keep an eye on things a little closer in the 2nd half.
She's had her pocket picked near the top of the key a few times.

Reaction Score
Having missed much of the half, I would just say...
...OMG, wonderful last 50 seconds.

SC is so focused on Katie Lou that others should be open, and UConn should be able to exploit that. If Geno can design some plays to get Katie Lou open, that'll make all the difference.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
They're stream of counsciousness crap that add less than zero to the thread. If you want to read a bunch of posts that say "Lou is awful", I don't know what to say to you.
At the speed of the thread who cares? Who actually goes back to read the thread again? Plus, someone said the team could get complacent due to the AAC. I wanted to know what that reasoning is since we won 99 in a row. Now, I'll never know.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does Andy Landers sound like a cross between Chris Farley's motivational speaker Matt Foley and Arnold Ziffel?

Reaction Score
I will say this : SC played very poised and disciplined in the first half. Stanley has taken her hits on this board, but that kinda play is coaching.
Yeah they're definitely not afraid, Coates and Wilson are monsters the rest of the team not so much. I can't believe some South Carolina fans are complaining about the refs considering the FT disparity and some of the calls on UConn where no contact was made in some cases.

Reaction Score
Geno "Whoever is coaching Lou is doing a bad job" LOL - I love the way he finds humor in any situation.

How dare he say that. I bet he thinks she has been terrible all year.

Reaction Score
Who was talking all that mess about their bigs being a problem? Seems are bigs are a problem for them.

Reaction Score
Dont really watch the women but im checking out tonights game to witness history. Good game #24 is incredible and im liking the throwback shorts on the SC players.

Reaction Score
I will say this : SC played very poised and disciplined in the first half. Stanley has taken her hits on this board, but that kinda play is coaching.
I'll concede they've played with poise but she is easily a better recruiter than she is a game coach. It surely helps that UConn has struggled shooting the ball.

Reaction Score
Geno says he wants to set more screens for KLS, it will be interesting to see what he does different to do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom