South Carolina Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Thread

Reaction Score
Huge end to the half. We need the momentum and the cushion.

Gabby has been a monster, with some help from Collier and Dangerfield.
Agree about Gabby playing great though she did force a couple of passes.

Reaction Score
Who was talking all that mess about their bigs being a problem? Seems are bigs are a problem for them.
I'm impressed with our rebounding tonight. But, I think a part of that is South Carolina's fear of the transition game. A few times when we secured the rebound it was because South Carolina was already getting back on defense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bad game for our best player to come out slow, it'll be tough too win if she doesn't heat up in the second half.

Reaction Score
Geno put it in perspective at the half: "We just can't guard those 2 big girls, they're just too much for us...[blah, blah, blah]... But we're really playing pretty good defense - they only have 29 points."

Hmmmm... Who's going to win this game if SC only scores 58 points? And this with KLS totally cold offensively in the first half, and Kia out most of the time and hobbled the rest of the time. UConn wins this one by double digits - maybe 20+

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
At the speed of the thread who cares? Who actually goes back to read the thread again? Plus, someone said the team could get complacent due to the AAC. I wanted to know what that reasoning is since we won 99 in a row. Now, I'll never know.
Nothing was deleted in that exchange.

Reaction Score
I don't know whether they can "design" some plays for Lou at this point. If a defender is willing to foul out face guarding her, sometimes there's little you can do. Normally, you'd say that Lou should go to the hoop a couple of times either to get some easy lay-ups or foul shots. But that's hard for her to do against SC.

Lou just needs to stay within herself (not like that frustration foul against Wilson). She'll get a couple of opportunities even if she scores in single figures.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They're stream of counsciousness crap that add less than zero to the thread. If you want to read a bunch of posts that say "Lou is awful", I don't know what to say to you.

There is a significant difference in saying Lou has been awful and Lou IS awful. She had a bad half, she's not a bad player. Major difference.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
At the speed of the thread who cares? Who actually goes back to read the thread again? Plus, someone said the team could get complacent due to the AAC. I wanted to know what that reasoning is since we won 99 in a row. Now, I'll never know.
All the same, it is damned annoying!!!

Reaction Score
Geno is so cool and relaxed. Something tells me he's been in big games before....
Who doesn't believe he'll make some nice adjustments and we'll roll? KLS is sure to warm up and that opens up other things.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Well, I still think 70 is a winning number. Might have to play a full 40 for once.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We've already proven, being up 6 at the half, that any of the five can have a bad night, but everyone else can pick up their game.. I'm so impressed. They will only get better in the second half. :cool:
Hopefully, but South Carolina is on a mission. She just needs to make a few.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't know whether they can "design" some plays for Lou at this point. If a defender is willing to foul out face guarding her, sometimes there's little you can do. Normally, you'd say that Lou should go to the hoop a couple of times either to get some easy lay-ups or foul shots. But that's hard for her to do against SC.

Lou just needs to stay within herself (not like that frustration foul against Wilson). She'll get a couple of opportunities even if she scores in single figures.

Despite what Geno said about them beating on her even I (The ultimate homer), must admit she missed some pretty easy shots. Either she's too jacked up or sicker than we thought. Hopefully she will be able to add to the offense in the second part of the game. Maybe if she got to the line that might help get ger untracked.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The two big questions for the second half:

Can SC play a full 40 minutes?

Will the real Lou appear?

Yes Lou will appear. And SC will not be able to keep up the intensity.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
There is a significant difference in saying Lou has been awful and Lou IS awful. She had a bad half, she's not a bad player. Major difference.

So do we need that pointed out to us fifteen or twenty times a game? How do we benefit?

Reaction Score
Did I say that? Don't put words in my mouth!
Yeah, you did. There was an innuendo she was dragging the team down. I'm not the only one that got that impression so if that's not what you meant, you'll have to communicate a bit better.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm sure you and the others that got deleted think you wrote but you are wrong.

I'm not getting into a pissing match. This is the Boneyard; this is what the majority want. Deal with it or go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Kia is shooting around with the team right now, so I have hope for her second half return. I just hope she hasn't aggravated the injury - her health comes before any game.
It appears Kia will be starting the second half! Let's go Kia and let's go Huskies!!! :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom