South Carolina Game Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
kidding? I think it's Gabby's mom. yes, she had a baby on her lap.
My wife was jabbering about my thoughts on a TV stand we need. So I missed the ID.

A woman in blue next to a black man. I will side with the Gabby parents answer.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Is it possible you could have made a worse call than the foul on Napheesa for a charge?

Bad bad call, two ways:
First, was the D player there in time and stationary? But Napheesa was already airborne. Just one "bad" for that.
Second, the D player's feet were partly in the arc. That is not a matter of judgment, and the ref at the baseline should never miss that call-- never. That's hideously bad, bad, and sheer incompetence.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there will be a bunch of ice packs passed out in UConn's locker room. That was one incredibly physical game, in part because the refs were not up to the task of calling it evenly. I suspect that Geno has to shut down Kia for a week or so to let her ankle heel. I would rather not have to face SC, Baylor, etc. again in April without a healthy Kia.
"Ankle heel"? No pun intended? But I agree fully. KLS getting beaten up all night, but getting called for the slightest touch fouls! (At least 2 or 3 of her 4.) Glad we won, and respect to SC for their good season, but I don't like the way they played, especially in the 4th quarter. And I don't know how much time Kia will need to get healthy. We really won't need her for the next 6 games at least, so maybe that will do it.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
An amazing game. Honestly, if we had known that Lou wouldn't find the bucket, Kia would play courageously but obviously hurt, and that Saniya wouldn't pick up all the slack, would any of us have predicted a UConn win? Probably.

What fun! What a team!

Reaction Score
Got news for you. Saturday, Maya referred to the team as the Lady Huskies. She's no jackass she just has self-esteem and doesn't dwell on meaningless trivialities.

Good call. Unlike the guy who was talking about the game with Seth Greenberg and said the reason Uconn is so good is because Geno treats each player the same. He treats Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis just the same as Kia Nurse lol.

Reaction Score
So I don't have to defend Natalie tonight for doing her job as a role player
I don't either. She gave fine minutes when the team really needed it. When Geno sent Kia and Nat into the game with maybe 5 left, we all knew what the reason was. And sure enough, they gave them enough strong play to cement the victory.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Got news for you. Saturday, Maya referred to the team as the Lady Huskies. She's no jackass she just has self-esteem and doesn't dwell on meaningless trivialities.
Yeah...the "Women Huskies" was, like, 1995. Two decades have passed.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-13_20-35-19.png

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

If she said that around CD or Geno you can bet she would get corrected real quick.
It's NOT a meaningless trivialty to them If you doubt me send them an email.

P.S - It's not "Lady" or "Women" it's just "Huskies".

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-13_20-35-19-png.19734

In the immortal words of Judy Tanuta, "It could happen".

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
An amazing game. Honestly, if we had known that Lou wouldn't find the bucket, Kia would play courageously but obviously hurt, and that Saniya wouldn't pick up all the slack, would any of us have predicted a UConn win? Probably.

What fun! What a team!

That is the amazing attribute that that keep displaying.... resiliency.

Playing a final 4 talent team with Kia one one leg with limited minutes, and Lou being used as a punching bag and still not quite up to par and they roll out another double digit win. The bench is limited to just 2 viable players... and they both did their jobs tonight. So amazing.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gabby might well have secured an All-American spot tonight. Along with ND, this is two spectacular performances against a top-tier team on ESPN's feature game.

I know one thing: Without her it would have been a blowout the other way.

Reaction Score

Ok, then they play without Aja.

Reaction Score
Gabby might well have secured an All-American spot tonight. Along with ND, this is two spectacular performances against a top-tier team on ESPN's feature game.

What she did -- it can't be explained. She is giving up soooo much size. Yet she is unstoppable. Not to mention her defense. Four steals-- -- My God 14 rebounds!

Reaction Score
Who was the woman in the crowd with the baby? I was distracted here at the house.
Bria Hartley!!!!
Don't think so. That was Gabby's parents from what Doris was saying. Bria was there right behind the UConn bench - didn't see a baby with her though.
Bria was there with her new baby. They showed a shot of Bria with her baby in one of those front carry infant carriers strapped to her shoulders. It was a quick shot, so not sure who else was in that group of alumna, but Maria Conlon was one of them.

C4oAb8uWEAAmldV.jpg:large

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom