South Carolina game Feb 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina game Feb 8

Reaction Score
Yes, but I'm not sure if that many will go. I've been a season ticket holder for years, but I don't want to risk it, even with masks required.

How many student tickets are alloted? Youngsters don't care about covid. If we only have 3,500 seats per game, I would like it to be all students instead of us old "down-in-fronters."

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
How many student tickets are alloted? Youngsters don't care about covid. If we only have 3,500 seats per game, I would like it to be all students instead of us old "down-in-fronters."
I don't know; probably 20% of the normal amount, so about 1000.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
At an empty Gampel. I think home court advantage is going to have to be reevaluated this year.
Great point...but the familiarity with the court and the fact that South Carolina has to travel should still be an advantage for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Great point...but the familiarity with the court and the fact that South Carolina has to travel should still be an advantage for UCONN.

I agree that it could be a slight advantage. But one only needs to think back to when #1 South Carolina came to the Gampel and few years ago, KML tossed a player to the ground before nailing a 3 pointer, and UConn won going away. The place was electric. Half way through the game South Carolina knew it was over. That kind of homecourt advantage won't exist this year.

Reaction Score
Good luck if you’re hoping for students to step up and fill Gamecock WBB attendance. I’ve been saying for years the Athletics department needed to calculate average student attendance (or more accurately, non-attendance), and turn a conservative amount of those student section seats into reserved seating.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing that the courts are more standard than they were back when I played hs ball in the dinosaur age. Heck, the ball bounced differently in every spot of the floor back then. But travel, sleeping away from your own bed, food issues etc etc, are still some disadvantages even if minor.

But crowd support in mega games is lacking. :( .

Odd though, our corona home capacity may be more than the average year for many P-5 programs

Reaction Score
Preview of the NC game in April. Clearly, these 2 teams are head-and-shoulders above the rest of WCBB right now.

Reaction Score
First, in reference to their my estimation of their value, perhaps my first sentence, "While Crystal's value to last year's team can't be minimized, and Megan's as well"....slipped by you. Seemingly, it was stated fairly clearly. Second, every team has players "ready to step in". What they don't have is the leadership both Harris and Harrigan provided, especially against the toughest opponents. Let's not forget the assist machine Harris was for USC. Speaking of #s in last year's match-up. Wasn't it Harris who provided 11 of your 14 assists? Harrigan wasn't your routine forward, her outside game, and three point touch, was invaluable for the Gamecocks. But, again, its their experience and leadership that'll be hard to replace - they were both valuable crunch time players. As was Crystal. Megan, not so much.
Our non-conference schedule should give us a good idea of who we are prior to our scheduled Feb 8
match-up, which should be entertaining. And, provide us with a glimpse of how well each of the teams have adjusted without their former players.
I am really looking forward to this game. It's interesting that both teams lost their starting 1 and 4 so it will be interesting to see well into the season who has been able to replace those pieces better than the other.....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Preview of the NC game in April. Clearly, these 2 teams are head-and-shoulders above the rest of WCBB right now.
You might want to rethink that last sentence.;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Liv may get some help from Piath by then. Don't be surprised.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
By the time this game is played, UConn may have 8 to 10 players who can run and gun plus play a full court pressure defense that many teams will not be able to handle. They will have a lot of games under their belt and they shouldn't have any problems against SC.

Reaction Score
It will be a game between two teams with some of the best players in college basketball who are coached by two of the best coaches in college basketball. Period. No matter who wins, and I believe it is going to come down to the final minute, there is a very good chance that they will meet again in a championship game (which will hopefully take place).

Reaction Score
It will be a game between two teams with some of the best players in college basketball who are coached by two of the best coaches in college basketball. Period. No matter who wins, and I believe it is going to come down to the final minute, there is a very good chance that they will meet again in a championship game (which will hopefully take place).

Ok thank you! Finally someone with a realistic view without any preposterous bias.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Every great team is led by great guards. This year UConn has them. I expect Paige to see start. Against my previous posts I think she will. From what Ive read and heard on videos shes there and UConn is a terrific passing team. Guard play is essential for team chemistry. Passing cutting and ball movement make talented teams great. UConn has that for the next few years. UConn has a nucleus this season of underclassman. Uconn also have a terrific incoming class that will show signs of dominance over the season. As the experience grows so will the team and the end result will be a NC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom