South Carolina fans | The Boneyard

South Carolina fans

Reaction Score
We can take it. They earned bragging and celebratory rights fair and square. Granted...the party isn't usually at your house. lol I'm certain they are cautiously aware that...the Husky has been poked.

Reaction Score
I'm a UCONN grad and wcbb fan. I now live in North Myrtle Beach and love the Carolina people, the ones I've met are honest, fun, caring and sweet. They say Geno is the best coach ever. It's great to have a 'friendly' rivalry.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Give it a day before you start correcting, chastising, or poking at UConn fans. Today, it won’t end well for you.
I have not read anything to support your warning. I think all fans on here are basic women's basketball fans. UCONN is not dead in the water and it's a very long season. I would be surprised to see an undefeated team at seasons end......even with South Carolina playing at such a high level. It takes one bad game and you have a loss. The South Carolina fans have not been anything but respectful but they deserve the right to be happy. Just saying......I lived in Irmo SC for 8 years and got to know their athletics programs up close. They appreciate winning. They don't expect it.

Reaction Score
C5E6F589-2A2B-4BF8-BD6F-DC7A809A0593.jpeg
The ultimate disrespect. Having to walk around Dawn’s dog in the hallway after the defeat. Ugh!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have not read anything to support your warning.
Because anything that needed to be deleted has been deleted.

Timing is everything, folks. Friendly ribbing is all well and good but immediately after a loss is a poor time for crowing on the other team’s board

Reaction Score
Somewhat unrelated, I liked that both UConn and South Carolina fans traveled to support their teams. I thought that was one of the few bright spots from the game today.
agree, both fan bases are to be complimented. WBB games between number 1 and number 2 team attracts a large tv audience and having a full house are just makes the game more exciting!

Reaction Score
Until they play a game that's meaningful ( NC )there isn't a rivalry anyway.

Reaction Score
Until they play a game that's meaningful ( NC )there isn't a rivalry anyway.
Disagree. Two teams that play each other every year that know they have to go through each other for the top recruits and #1 ranking. More of a "friendly" rivalry at this point unlike ND and TN but still a rivalry. Both teams circle their game with each other on the calendar every year. Meeting in the FF would enhance the rivalry (they did meet in regional final in 2018) but the rivalry is already there and will only get stronger over the next couple of seasons.

Reaction Score
I live in the Upstate of South Carolina. When I talk to fans here they usually say, "Girls basketball? Really?"
Yo Husky in Simpletonville. I’ll be driving to G’ville today for the holiday. I’m a native but haven’t been up as much the last few years since mom died followed by Covid years.

I grew up on North Main Street and hardly recognize my hometown due to growth these last three years. I joke about Greenville being “ Clempsun country” but it is at least half true because the entire south (except maybe the triangle of NC) is football country.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yo Husky in Simpletonville. I’ll be driving to G’ville today for the holiday. I’m a native but haven’t been up as much the last few years since mom died followed by Covid years.

I grew up on North Main Street and hardly recognize my hometown due to growth these last three years. I joke about Greenville being “ Clempsun country” but it is at least half true because the entire south (except maybe the triangle of NC) is football country.
North Main - nice address. I'm sorry about your mom. I moved out of G'ville county. opted for a bit more small town environment in Duncan. Just 15 minutes from the best downtown but a world of difference. Honestly I thank God for moving me to SC. My daughter married into GC4L. Football is all Gamecock, but happy for the recognition Clemson brings to the Upstate. Congrats on your win. Anytime you win a tournament it's a big deal.

Reaction Score
North Main - nice address. I'm sorry about your mom. I moved out of G'ville county. opted for a bit more small town environment in Duncan. Just 15 minutes from the best downtown but a world of difference. Honestly I thank God for moving me to SC. My daughter married into GC4L. Football is all Gamecock, but happy for the recognition Clemson brings to the Upstate. Congrats on your win. Anytime you win a tournament it's a big deal.
Husky and GameCock-now loving living in Bluffton, SC and traveling the state. In Greenville last week - best job of urban redevelopment in US. SC has some of the best sport fans in the country with the exception of women's basketball. Have not found many fans of any women's sports. Even graduates typcially acknowledge that they have a good "girls team" but know little about the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom