South Carolina (8) @ Maryland (4) - 11/10/19 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (8) @ Maryland (4) - 11/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Two highly ranked opponents, playing a meaningless yet fun game in November when most other highly ranked teams are playing teams like Lubbock Christian.

Both teams get significant contributions from FRESHMEN... I'm not sure what kind of brilliant display of offensive execution ya'll were expecting from players in their second ever college game but I thought today's game was fun. I think the young players on both teams came to play. Sure, the defense was way ahead of the offense, but neither one of these teams are going to look the same two months from now.

Hats off to Brenda and Maryland for agreeing to this series and hats off to teams that actually schedule competitively.

Reaction Score
In a way it's respectful that South Carolina beats a top five team on the road again and the knee jerk reaction is to talk about how it doesn't match up with two top three teams.

Reaction Score
Two highly ranked opponents, playing a meaningless yet fun game in November when most other highly ranked teams are playing teams like Lubbock Christian.

Both teams get significant contributions from FRESHMEN... I'm not sure what kind of brilliant display of offensive execution ya'll were expecting from players in their second ever college game but I thought today's game was fun. I think the young players on both teams came to play. Sure, the defense was way ahead of the offense, but neither one of these teams are going to look the same two months from now.

Hats off to Brenda and Maryland for agreeing to this series and hats off to teams that actually schedule competitively.
4 highly ranked teams just played Team USA. Not sure how much a better competitor they can get.

Some coaches prefer an easy schedule and some prefer to be battle-tested. Both have their advantages.

Reaction Score
doubt it! Landrum is still the best and only shooter and for the bears and SC will definitely be even more improved by the time that game rolls around. This is not the same SC team from last year and Baylor isn’t the same either!
That isn’t the same Baylor team, you right! They are better imo

Reaction Score
Didn't the Terps return all 5 starters? The Gamecocks only returned 2 starters.
No, they returned three. Owusu and Miller are freshmen. Mikesell, Jones, and Charles started last year.

Reaction Score
doubt it! Landrum is still the best and only shooter and for the bears and SC will definitely be even more improved by the time that game rolls around. This is not the same SC team from last year and Baylor isn’t the same either!
Lol okay don’t sleep on di
lol I agree

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

I'm glad you guys won. We need the RPI. It wasn't I who started the argument "Baylor will kick South Carolina's ass." I was simply talking about Baylor's team since the Baylor fan replied to me.

Reaction Score
Lol Baylor has more shooters than juicy this year! Have you heard of moon ursin? It’s okay! Keep sleeping on Baylor’s shooters! Our shooters are still better than your guys shooters.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
4 highly ranked teams just played Team USA. Not sure how much a better competitor they can get.

Some coaches prefer an easy schedule and some prefer to be battle-tested. Both have their advantages.
A loss to Team USA doesn't count in the record books, however.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Here goes Debbie with her anti UConn diatribe.

Debbie has UCONN as the 4th #2 seed so 8 overall:confused:
Given the way UConn played today, we're lucky they're still a 2 seed.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Neither does a loss to Lubbock Christian, however.

A loss to Team USA and a hypothetical loss to Lubbock Christian are not the same thing. Full stop.

Coaches have the right to schedule how they feel appropriate but the entire point of my post was that we should appreciate teams that schedule tough and that this game is nothing more than a barometer of where both teams are currently, not where they will be in two months. Both Maryland and SC will be fine, and both teams have great freshman.

Reaction Score
Lol okay don’t sleep on di

lol I agree
They have Cooper who may/may not have a good game, good penetrator/shooter in Landrum, Stifling defender in Richards, Offensive machine NaLyssa Smith, and All-American Cox.

For me, they have the best shooter and one of the better guards between both teams in Landrum, Didi Richards can shut anyone of those guards down because they take themselves out of the game, NaLyssa Smith will get every rebound over Kiki HH. HH cannot and will not be able to match up with Smith. Then Cox who basically does the same thing as Boston but with more experience. That leaves Cooper and Harris who both may or may not have a good game I’ll give the edge to Cooper for being more of an offensive threat and Harris for being more of a player who can direct traffic. The bench of Baylor is good too, folks are sleeping on the impact DeGrate can have and if not her then Egbo.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
They have Cooper who may/may not have a good game, good penetrator/shooter in Landrum, Stifling defender in Richards, Offensive machine NaLyssa Smith, and All-American Cox.

For me, they have the best shooter and one of the better guards between both teams in Landrum, Didi Richards can shut anyone of those guards down because they take themselves out of the game, NaLyssa Smith will get every rebound over Kiki HH. HH cannot and will not be able to match up with Smith. Then Cox who basically does the same thing as Boston but with more experience. That leaves Cooper and Harris who both may or may not have a good game I’ll give the edge to Cooper for being more of an offensive threat and Harris for being more of a player who can direct traffic. The bench of Baylor is good too, folks are sleeping on the impact DeGrate can have and if not her then Egbo.

How well does UConn matchup with Baylor? I believe you guys have a regular season game against them as well.

Reaction Score

Exactly! We have a really deep team! Degrate is a nice big body that rebounds well and finishes well! Is it too early to say that it’s oregon, Baylor, maybe Stanford and then everyone else?

Reaction Score
How well does UConn matchup with Baylor? I believe you guys have a regular season game against them as well.
We have better guard play and we run offense. No matter how we match up with other teams, there always a chance we can beat them. Know that!

Reaction Score
Not going to say much I’ll let the play speak for itself.... Boston will be in front her home crowd maybe she’ll relish the moment once again. I’m excited to see how it goes.
I think Boston will do well but you saw how she got tired in the game against Maryland today! She’s still young but she’s very talented. She’ll have to go up against cox who’s a blocking machine as well, nalyssa smith who is a offensive rebounding machine, then queen egbo and Erin degrate off the bench! I think baylor’s Bigs will wear her down by the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Lol Baylor has more shooters than juicy this year! Have you heard of moon ursin? It’s okay! Keep sleeping on Baylor’s shooters! Our shooters are still better than your guys shooters.
Sorry I meant to tag the other guy not you lol

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
We have better guard play and we run offense. No matter how we match up with other teams, there always a chance we can beat them. Know that!

Sure. Those Baylor and Oregon games are looking spicy! Can't wait to watch and see this "chance" you speak of!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom