South Carolina (8) @ Maryland (4) - 11/10/19 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (8) @ Maryland (4) - 11/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Sure. Those Baylor and Oregon games are looking spicy! Can't wait to watch and see this "chance" you speak of!
every team in the country knows that it’s a chance that they can be beat by UConn..no need for sarcasm or to go back & forth with you on that. Like the young folks say, “Period!”

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
every team in the country knows that it’s a chance that they can be beat by UConn..no need for sarcasm or to go back & forth with you on that. Like the young folks say, “Period!”

There was only a little shade intended. But I threw half as much as what you threw on SC the entire game, so we're even I guess.

Also, just to help you out for future reference, it's "periodt" .. this is coming from one of those "young folks".

Reaction Score
There was only a little shade intended. But I threw half as much as what you threw on SC the entire game, so we're even I guess.

Also, just to help you out for future reference, it's "periodt" .. this is coming from one of those "young folks".
I’m 26 sooo....

Reaction Score
Congrats to South Carolina for winning in College Park again. This series is like the World Series. Nobody wants to win a game at home.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you guys won. We need the RPI. It wasn't I who started the argument "Baylor will kick South Carolina's ass." I was simply talking about Baylor's team since the Baylor fan replied to me.

you'll get your chance.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure an exhibition against Team USA is all that big an event given everyone has pushed them so far. Calls into question how much those veterans are exerting themselves. Still. I see you Oregon.

Reaction Score
I think Boston will do well but you saw how she got tired in the game against Maryland today! She’s still young but she’s very talented. She’ll have to go up against cox who’s a blocking machine as well, nalyssa smith who is a offensive rebounding machine, then queen egbo and Erin degrate off the bench! I think baylor’s Bigs will wear her down by the end of the game.

SC has good bigs other than Boston also but we’ll see in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you guys won. We need the RPI. It wasn't I who started the argument "Baylor will kick South Carolina's ass." I was simply talking about Baylor's team since the Baylor fan replied to me.
My take, South Carolina continue to play like they did today, they can beat any team! I was really impressed with the way they rebound and play defense.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
My take, South Carolina continue to play like they did today, they can beat any team! I was really impressed with the way they rebound and play defense.

I just hope we win the post-game. Taking Promise and Carter against Boston and Grissett will be key. Whoever wins the post-game will win the game.

Boston looks like she can really block shots. But then Promise has shown some life in the last game. She's more agile than McCowan, and even played the press before halfcourt and got 2 steals. Promise's defense against Boston will be key. Though we did play a bad opponent so no conclusions we can draw yet on anybody on either teams just yet.

Reaction Score
I just hope we win the post-game. Taking Promise and Carter against Boston and Grissett will be key. Whoever wins the post-game will win the game.

Boston looks like she can really block shots. But then Promise has shown some life in the last game. She's more agile than McCowan, and even played the press before halfcourt and got 2 steals. Promise's defense against Boston will be key. Though we did play a bad opponent so no conclusions we can draw yet on anybody on either teams just yet.
Agree on Promise, I was really surprised with her play against Southern. Looks like she may be ready come SEC time. If we do beat SC I think it will be because we are more physical. We are deep with bench play and from what I have seen so far, hard to really tell because we just have not played a quality opponent yet, Ido not believe Vic has determined starters as of now. Really want us to play Stanford just so we can see where we need to work for tournament play.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, here's my perspective from being at the game today:
1. Both teams started freshman, 3 for SC and 2 for Maryland.
2. Both teams struggled to get into any offensive flow. Boston scored 8 of her teams first 10 points (MHH scored the first 2 points of the game) and then Boston only scored 6 point in the remaining 34 minutes.
3. You could clearing see the talent on the floor but NEITHER team knew how to incorporate the talent together. There was simply too much 1 vs. 2/3 opposing team players, forced shots and sloppy passes.
4. To me, Brenda let Osuwu control the ball too much and she didn't involve the other players like Mikesell has. She is a talent but needs to play within a plan.
5. Austin did not look at all like the player I saw in the NCAAT games last year.
6. Charles struggled with her shot and forced some shots.
7. MHH was not a focus of the SC offense at all.
8. Both teams shot terribly and neither has an outside game. That will be a problem.
9. I did wear my UConn hat, pullover, T-Shirt and got a lot of positive comments. Nothing negative. Though an usher did ask me to root for the Terps!
For a first game for these two young teams, it was ok, similar to the UConn game, you can see the talent, it just needs time to jell, get used to each other, harness their talents and gain confidence. The coaches also have to learn what rotations work best given all their talent. Let's not get to the extremes yet of too much exultation or despair. SC is still not the favorite to win the SEC and Maryland is definitely still the favorite to win the Big10. SC is a top 10 and Maryland is slotted right after them. Humbly submitted-DefenseBB

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Congrats to South Carolina for winning in College Park again. This series is like the World Series. Nobody wants to win a game at home.
I have a lot of family members that are Maryland grads; you guys will be fine.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was using the earlier reference, but Baylor, Texas or MS State?:rolleyes:

The team whose head coach I've disliked since 1981 when she was the starting PG for Louisiana Tech. (First WBB game I attended)

Reaction Score
It's early in the season and both teams will improve. I am very excited about the gamecocks. We have so much potential. At least we play as a team and you can tell the players like each other compared to last years team. Harris and Kiki will show up. It's was only the second game. Harris did a really good job.
We will improve offensively. The only 2 teams that look like title contenders are Oregon and Stanford. I need to see T Cooper lead a team before I am sold on Baylor And trust me this season is wide open.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maryland is definitely still the favorite to win the Big10. SC is a top 10 and Maryland is slotted right after them. Humbly submitted-DefenseBB
I was sitting in section 116 so I probably missed you.
Key stat of the day: Channise Lewis 12 assists last season. Maryland 9 total assists in 40 minutes.
They only had 9 turnovers which was surprising.

Reaction Score
It's early in the season and both teams will improve. I am very excited about the gamecocks. We have so much potential. At least we play as a team and you can tell the players like each other compared to last years team. Harris and Kiki will show up. It's was only the first game. Harris did a really good job.
We will improve offensively. The only 2 teams that look like title contenders are Oregon and Stanford. I need to see T Cooper lead a team before I am sold on Baylor And trust me this season is wide open.
T’ea has done fine the first 2 games for Baylor! She doesn’t always have to lead the team for us to be successful! Lauren cox can play all positions, and any of the 3 guards can play point. Didi Richards has 17 assists in the first 2 games. That’s 8.5 assists already!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was sitting in section 116 so I probably missed you.
Key stat of the day: Channise Lewis 12 assists last season. Maryland 9 total assists in 40 minutes.
They only had 9 turnovers which was surprising.
As I hinted, I thought Brenda let Osuwu have the ball far too much instead of Mikesell. And as good as Diamond Miller looks, she tried to drive 1 on 2 or 3 opposing SC players too many times instead of passing to move their bodies and their eyes. That said, it really is a talented team who had a very bad night shooting. I was really impressed with Faith Masonius who has a nose for the ball looks to pass first and uses her legs to establish position against tall and bigger players (like Boston!). I hope that Austin just had a bad night as she is needed and has skills that the staff have to utilize. I was in Section 106 right next to where the players enter/leave the court in all UConn Blue and with a UConn baseball cap. Everyone was very nice, some
Complimentary even. I guessed the crowd at 5,000 or so in a facility that holds 19,500.A tad disappointing considering how good Maryland Women have been, what a good matchup it was and the time of day it was especially considering the Redskins were off. Maybe they should relocate to a more appreciative campus... :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom