South Carolina #1 in AP Poll [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

South Carolina #1 in AP Poll [Merged Thread]

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Behind SC, Baylor, Stanford, ahead of L'ville, Oregon, UCLA, Oregon State. And Charlie has us #1 seed in Portland with Oregon State #2. For what it is worth, and it ain't much. I find it inteesting that OSU wold have been #1 if they had beaten ASU; instead, they are #8. Go figure.

Reaction Score
Uconn was 4 when they jumped to 2. The number and 1 that Geno and CD said they had not earned.
Back where they belong and the pressure to overachieve is off of this team.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And UConn with none!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Behind SC, Baylor, Stanford, ahead of L'ville, Oregon, UCLA, Oregon State. And Charlie has us #1 seed in Portland with Oregon State #2. For what it is worth, and it ain't much. I find it inteesting that OSU wold have been #1 if they had beaten ASU; instead, they are #8. Go figure.

beav.jpg

Reaction Score
Big game of pin the tail on the donkey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I don't think there is one team that is head and shoulders above anybody. There are about six teams that have the ability, the talent and the coaching to win it all," Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Don't ask me who those six are, but I think there is about six and I think we are one of them and I think Connecticut is one of them."

Perhaps a bit self-serving, but thank you Kim.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was hoping that Oregon State would take care of business Sunday, because I dont think they have been ranked #1 in any sport outside of baseball in the school's existence. Would have been nice for them to reach that milestone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"I don't think there is one team that is head and shoulders above anybody. There are about six teams that have the ability, the talent and the coaching to win it all," Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Don't ask me who those six are, but I think there is about six and I think we are one of them and I think Connecticut is one of them."

Perhaps a bit self-serving, but thank you Kim.
She’s not wrong

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
There is almost certain to be continued carnage in the PAC12. Baylor has it easy from here on, Sc and UConn slightly less so.

Reaction Score
There is almost certain to be continued carnage in the PAC12. Baylor has it easy from here on, Sc and UConn slightly less so.

True. Baylor doesn't have a game they shouldn't win left on their schedule. South Carolina plays their most difficult games at home, and have a relatively easy SEC schedule. And while UConn plays (for one last season) in the AAC, it does play Oregon, and South Carolina on the road.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Louisville with 2 first place votes? Really?

Wow...everybody wants "their" team to be highly ranked, but "my" team is nowhere near a #1 team right now. This team will go only as far as defense will take them. Defense leads to transition in the open court where they are really good with Evans and Jones. But they too often get mired in a stagnant half court offense. Rebounding is not as good as it needs to be, and they need to find a 3-point shooter other than Evans.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was hoping that Oregon State would take care of business Sunday, because I dont think they have been ranked #1 in any sport outside of baseball in the school's existence. Would have been nice for them to reach that milestone.

I'm pretty sure OSU men's basketball reached #1 back in the Ralph Miller days. In fact I think they had a long stay at #1 during a season in the early 80s. Fell flat on their face in the Tourney though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure OSU men's basketball reached #1 back in the Ralph Miller days. In fact I think they had a long stay at #1 during a season in the early 80s. Fell flat on their face in the Tourney though.

I do remember they were very good back then, and I do recall Ralph Miller and Steve Johnson... but I didnt know they reached #1. I was just in 3rd grade though.... and we didnt get that much west coast coverage back then. :cool:

Reaction Score
how Princeton can be ranked is ridiculous..they play no top teams and would lose if they ever did...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
how Princeton can be ranked is ridiculous..they play no top teams and would lose if they ever did...
The Tigers are 13-1. They took AP poll #22 Iowa to overtime before losing by 2 points and beat USA/Coach’s poll #25 FGCU by 14 points. They’re ranked #20 in the RPI and #14 by Massey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom