Source: Kevin Ollie believes he deserved one more chance next season (Borges) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Source: Kevin Ollie believes he deserved one more chance next season (Borges)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Ollie and the union can think whatever they want. It is UConn's prerogative to terminate him if they so choose. The only thing at issue is his buyout.

Again, as I pointed out in a since deleted thread, the union does not dictate anything in this process. They can only appeal to another authority until those authorities have been exhausted. Their only real power is in their representation of 100s / 1000s of state employees. And there is zero chance the union can or will leverage that power on Kevin Ollie's behalf.

They also cannot dispute any agreement Kevin Ollie might come to with UConn for a reduced buyout. Their assertion otherwise is complete fiction.

Deadrody, I was pointing out the fact that Ollie doesn't think he deserves to be terminated. I said this from the beginning - he wants to keep his job, that's his first priority.

I agree with you that the union, try as they might, has no authority and no power to stop the firing. Ollie is gone. He screwed it up. I was in the NEA for over 30+ years as a teacher. I know all too well how unions work.

Reaction Score
Deadrody, I was pointing out the fact that Ollie doesn't think he deserves to be terminated. I said this from the beginning - he wants to keep his job, that's his first priority.

I agree with you that the union, try as they might, has no authority and no power to stop the firing. Ollie is gone. He screwed it up. I was in the NEA for over 30+ years as a teacher. I know all too well how unions work.
I don't doubt that you get it. But a lot of people here don't seem to. Nor, apparently, does the union talking head, though that isn't really surprising.

The funny thing is, the union is in a no win situation, especially if you assume more than a few pro-union folks like cat lady Susan from Enfield aren't keen on the idea of a union going to bat for millionaire Kevin Ollie while there are nurses on strike (?) that can't get better than $15/hr.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom